Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Pretty sure a few core guys are done here (Wheeler Dubois (not really core) ) and maybe Scheifele and some D but, I see these being more hockey trade than for futures 2 years from now

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Of course you are right
But it gives them much more to talk about here on this forum and that's what's really important
I can see Chevy doing the opposite. After he's forced to trade PLD, he will try to sign a UFA to replace him and take a final shot at it with his core.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I can see Chevy doing the opposite. After he's forced to trade PLD, he will try to sign a UFA to replace him and take a final shot at it with his core.
I don't know what the Jets will do but holding some sort of fire sale just doesn't happen in the real world of hockey. Over reaction by fans here is all to common

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Nope, not the way you've layed it out..........its impossible in WPG, Jets are a D&D team.....doing what you suggest is the last thing ownership would do bc that hurts them the most. Now I do believe the most likely outcome will be a restructuring like they did just after they returned. But high value players who refuse to extend and/or are UFA's will be traded 100%......Jets have proven that time and time again they will not let guys walk for free.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
IMO multi teams will offer the value of mid to late 1st rd pick in 2023 plus a good prospect (not blue chipper)........IMO it will come down to where does the 1st rd pick fall OA and how does the Jets scouts value the prospect being offered.........1st rd picks in the 15-20 range are not dramatically different in value, partly depends who the Jets target in the draft and where they think he will get picked and then how does the prospect being offered fit the Jets needs and how their scouts like him. Some team might also throw in a bottom 6 roster player to sweeten the offer and try to win the bidding.

Super pumped going into the summer, thank god change is going to happen to some degree.
Too bad the Jets would never trade Helle to Toronto. Have wanted him to complete the core for a while now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Too bad the Jets would never trade Helle to Toronto. Have wanted him to complete the core for a while now.

Why wouldn't they?

IMO Helle & Lowry would look great as a Leafs.

Helle - He would only be traded if he refused to extend

Lowry - He might be kept through the restructure, he has term & great leadership & good bottom 6 guy who does it all so not sure he would be traded or not at this stage.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Why wouldn't they?

Lowry - He might be kept through the restructure, he has term & great leadership & good bottom 6 guy who does it all so not sure he would be traded or not at this stage.
Lowry and Helle are the two guys I want from Winnipeg. Matthews-Tavares-ROR-Lowry is ridiculous C depth. I'm fine if the Leafs run it back with Samsonov-Woll next year as that should be a very cheap tandem but Helle is a target if the Leafs deem goaltending to be a concern after these playoffs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
2024 1st + what?
2025 1st. I don’t know I said I think they’d trade with Toronto for a ridiculous overpay. There is no way Helly is worth 2 1sts but Pittsburgh fan on here offered the 14thoa even though we both know he won’t get that. But the 14thoa is better than 2 future 1st from a Toronto team who could be a contender for both.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
2025 1st. I don’t know I said I think they’d trade with Toronto for a ridiculous overpay. There is no way Helly is worth 2 1sts but Pittsburgh fan on here offered the 14thoa even though we both know he won’t get that. But the 14thoa is better than 2 future 1st from a Toronto team who could be a contender for both.
The Leafs don't have a 2025 1st. They have the Bruins first this year and their own next year. Could prob do both of them + any prospect not named Knies. Jets might need to take some cap back but the Leafs don't have any bad contracts so it's nothing major.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why wouldn't they?

Yep I imagine Lowry requires an overpayment as he is one of the few guys they should keep.

The Leafs don't have a 2025 1st. They have the Bruins first this year and their own next year. Could prob do both of them + a B prospect. Jets might need to take some cap back but the Leafs don't have any bad contracts so it's nothing major.
I doubt Helly is worth all that. And as fans we have no ability to make trades but I can’t see why Jets wouldn’t trade with Toronto.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Yep I imagine Lowry requires an overpayment as he is one of the few guys they should keep.

I doubt Helly is worth all that. And as fans we have no ability to make trades but I can’t see why Jets wouldn’t trade with Toronto.
If Helle isn't coming with an extension then it'll be less than that, those picks + prospect was based on him coming w an extension.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
And a reasonable cap hit which doesn’t stop To from building around him.
They'll have just over $20 million this summer if they can move Murray (which they should be able to with the Boston 1st). Obviously Matthews and Nylander need raises but even if Matthews makes $13 million (roughly $1,400,000 raise) and Nylander makes $9 million ($2,100,000 raise), that's only $3,500,000 of the $20,000,000 gone. ROR gets another $5-7 million depending on how much he wants (Leafs will probably sign him to a longer deal to keep the AAV down).

Reactions: Adam da bomb

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Huh? Habs fans have been beating the "he only wants to play in Montreal so we won't offer you the shit on our shoe in a trade for him since he's gonna sign here as a UFA anyway" drum in 1,000,000 threads

Hey, we live in a world where Habs fans won't trade Dach for PLD

Hey we live in a world where some stupids confuse ...a few ... with ....all.
Hey we also live in a world where the Habs won't overpay for a soon to be UFA.
If a 1st rd pick, a prospect plus is shit than you better get use to getting shit for who ever you trade.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well, the Jets certainly sucked much less than the Habs this year. Who knows when Montreal will be decent again - but acquiring a 25 year old 6'4 power centre who plays with grit and puts up points would be a step in the right direction. But, like I said... you keep up your shiney new winger who can't put up points 5v5
How about we end up with both.:D

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hey we live in a world where some stupids confuse ...a few ... with ....all.
Hey we also live in a world where the Habs won't overpay for a soon to be UFA.
If a 1st rd pick, a prospect plus is shit than you better get use to getting shit for who ever you trade.
Are you insinuating I'm stupid?

Chevy will deal PLD to a team where he'll extend. Montreal isn't his only possible destination. If you want him, pay up

How about we end up with both.:D
Maybe, or maybe not

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
We already have reports that PLD is interested in more then just the Habs, so thats a big plus for the Jets, plus we have reports some teams would trade for him even if they knew he was only a one year rental. IMO PLD is traded this summer, to who I'm not sure, it could be the Habs or multi other teams by the sounds of it.......whoever pays the most hopefully will land him. What that price will be, not sure but these reports only help the Jets, I still think he will be traded at a discount but not as cheaply as some think he will be.
Links please.

Reactions: HabsAddict

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hellebuyck -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and cap dump)
Ehlers -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and player)
Scheifele -> (1st 2024, 1st 2025, 2 prospects, and cap dump/player)
Dubois -> Montreal (Dach, 1st 2024 and prospect)
Wheeler -> (1st/2nd, prospect and cap dump)
Connor -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect, roster player and cap dump)
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)
Morrissey -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect and roster player)

In all honesty, I see Connor, Lowry and Morrissey staying with the Jets.
:laugh::laugh: You really expect that it would take Dach, 1st 2024 and prospect to get PLD? Do you seriously expect to get that?:facepalm:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Are you insinuating I'm stupid?

Chevy will deal PLD to a team where he'll extend. Montreal isn't his only possible destination. If you want him, pay up

Maybe, or maybe not
I never insinuated you were stupid ...unless you are guilty of doing what i was saying some are doing. [ Grouping a few with the whole group ]
Chevy has no ideal for sure where PLD will be willing to extend. Only PLD and his agent know that. No one will be forced to roll the dice on PLD except the Jets.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
32 Thoughts, just listen to Marek & Freidman

Freidman confirmed last summer a team wanted PLD even as a 2 year rental, speculated some would also want him as a one year rental.

Marek confirmed PLD is interested in multi teams.
Didn't Friedman claim there is a 95% chance PLD will be a Hab? So does that mean there is a 5% chance that another team may want PLD for a 2 year (now 1 year) rental?

Reactions: HabsAddict

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I never insinuated you were stupid ...unless you are guilty of doing what i was saying some are doing. [ Grouping a few with the whole group ]
Chevy has no ideal for sure where PLD will be willing to extend. Only PLD and his agent know that. No one will be forced to roll the dice on PLD except the Jets.
That's not how it works. It will be the same as Tkachuk last summer.

Why would PLD and his agent handicap chevy like that? Doesn't make sense

And yes, I'm unapologetically grouping all Habs fans together. You, Slaf and Habs Halifax are the worst of the group though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad