PLD 1 year RFA
Helly 1 year 6.166 cap hit
Dillon 1 year 3.9 cap hit
Demelo 1 year 3.3 cap hit
Wheeler 1 year 8.250 cap hit
Ehlers 2 years 6.675 cap hit
Pionk 2 years 5.875 cap hit
Schmidt 2 years 5.950 cap hit

Now I realize some of these guys have little or no value but I would be interested in offers for any of them.
Now hit us with your best Ryder+Halak+2nd offers

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Winnipeg would be looking for futures and young players, I assume.

What would the asking price for an Ehlers be? His health has to hurt his value a little?

Would you consider Schmidt more of a cap dump? Does he have value or would that be more of a contract swap or a team with space offering like a 3rd?

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
We are talking about that on our boards right now. Can they? I don't know. Should they? Maybe. It really depends if they can get people too the arena when we are bad

Ticket prices are too high for me to comfortably commit to watching a team that performs like last seasons Jets. Maybe if we had a few young guys in the lineup with bright futures it wouldn't be so bad though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ehlers to Washington please. I could potentially see them being interested in a Dillon reunion as well.

Asking price? I’m assuming the Caps first round pick is on the table this year if they don’t hit the lottery bouncing balls.

Reactions: Easternbull

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The thing is a lot of those players are on expiring and close to expiring deals so they could cash in at the next deadline if their season goes like it did this year in a worst case scenario. But then you are just running out the same team again. I could see them doing something with PLD to the Habs as that seems like a forgone conclusion at this point so they could try and cash in there in the off season. If you can move off of two players that should create enough cap to bring in some fresh faces and a new atmosphere "hopefully"

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I bet there will be a better offer than the Habs will come up with. After all they are going to get him for free so why pay anything?
If he's available then MTL have to go get him if they want him. It is true that a lot of teams might just want him as a year rental and give up a 1st+ for that, and Montreal could maybe risk letting him play somewhere else for a year but then he might decide to stay longer. Everyone thought Matthew Tkachuk was going to St. Louis until he extended in FLA.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
If he's available then MTL have to go get him if they want him. It is true that a lot of teams might just want him as a year rental and give up a 1st+ for that, and Montreal could maybe risk letting him play somewhere else for a year but then he might decide to stay longer. Everyone thought Matthew Tkachuk was going to St. Louis until he extended in FLA.
He reduced his value to Montreal by having his agent run his mouth so I hope that the best one year deal comes from Ottawa and he loves it there and signs long term. At least Habs fans would be able to see him regularly.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What is Nate Schmidt's value these days? He's 5th in ice time among d-men for the Jets and not producing much. Does he still have value where you can dump him for nothing or does he need a sweetener and what level would that be at this stage?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I can't see WPG selling off its players before they see how next season plays out. Will their ticket holder base accept a rebuild and still buy tickets?

I think us as super fans are seeing and hearing things that have gone on for far too long now. If we miss the playoffs they have to do something. When your coach tells a reporter that your top players are "unmotivated" then something has to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad