Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
We have some proof that PLD isn't just gonna walk to UFA and land in MTL and Habs fans still don't want to make a decent offer for him. Unbelievable
Oh okay so now after a year of ignoring what theses same insiders says and saying they do not speak for PLD and doesn’t know anything about Winnipeg or PLD, one of them says that some teams are interested in getting him for a year and now you totally “trust them blindly”

Hey, we live in a world where Habs fans won't trade Dach for PLD
We still won’t.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
What’s the ask on Scheifele from Minnesota assuming they can free the necessary cap by offloading Zuccarello?
Scheif is a legit #1 center, so MN is the ideal fit..... except for one thing. I don't see any chance they move him within the division. As for return, an "A" prospect and a first or second pick.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So change the entire forward group. Easy enough.
Scheifele is the only top 6 in that list...and I didn’t realize 2 players constituted the entire forward group…the scrubs don’t count… they’re everywhere and easily replaced.. Chevy does it every year, its basically all he ever does

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
. And they also need to figure out what they are doing with Heinola, their only legit defensive prospect who they don't seem to keen to let him play long enough in the NHL to get a proper sense of what they have in him.
Heinola was legitimately awful when he was up in the NHL this year. He has no ability to defend along with no ability to drive play/move the puck when his team has the puck. No team that was trying to win games would have played him this season. But he’s dominating the AHL. There’s something weird going on there though. He’s missed time being sick a few times this season.

He might stick around if the Jets go tear down. Otherwise I feel he might be headed back to play in Finland.

Reactions: larmex99

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If you're the Jets you trade Dubois with retention (on whatever 1 year salary) to any contender. The maximum chaos for fun would be seeing is Boston would be interested but I doubt that would happen.

The Pens make sense as they'll be fine buying rentals, plus Hellebuyck would be perfect for them.

2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2 prospects of the Jet's desire would be fair.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Some team may get him for nothing. It's happened with better players than pld
Sure. Some really talented players do hit the FA market from time to time. Coming out and counting g on it bei g your team is where the wishful thinking resides. Why not us is a classic example

Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Scheifele is the only top 6 in that list...and I didn’t realize 2 players constituted the entire forward group…the scrubs don’t count… they’re everywhere and easily replaced.. Chevy does it every year, its basically all he ever does

Unfortunately the forward group consists of 12 players generally, so you've suggested making up to 8 changes there. You may not consider Wheeler as a top 6 forward, I'd probably agree, but he's played in the top 6 all his career here so he's not part of the bottom 6 group.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Sure. Some really talented players do hit the FA market from time to time. Coming out and counting g on it bei g your team is where the wishful thinking resides. Why not us is a classic example
It would be like if a player openly stated he'd like to play for Winnipeg. You may be willing to roll the dice, especially when you're not going to be competitive for another 2 or 3 years. Its not like PLD was the difference between playoffs and not for Montreal.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Scheif is a legit #1 center, so MN is the ideal fit..... except for one thing. I don't see any chance they move him within the division. As for return, an "A" prospect and a first or second pick.
Disagree. Jets need to trade for the best return. Period.

Jets rebuild means they wont be in the playoffs next season (and next...). What difference does a division rival make?

Grinner

May 31, 2022
It would be like if a player openly stated he'd like to play for Winnipeg. You may be willing to roll the dice, especially when you're not going to be competitive for another 2 or 3 years. Its not like PLD was the difference between playoffs and not for Montreal.
I'm sure if asked he say he'd like to play for a lot of teams. Could he land on the Habs? Of course he could. All the Habs need to do is pay him more than the rest. I'm sure he's well aware of the pressure cooker that environment is

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
At this point in his career Scheifele’s name is much bigger than his game. People paying attention have seen him sliding for like four seasons now. Anybody trading for him looking at him as a team leading center is going to regret it. He’s a first line offensive hockey player who plays with low effort and low attention to detail. If you spoon feed him 23 minutes a night as your primary offensive player and gonzo PP time, yeah, he will score 80 points. Guy still has talent.

But buyer beware here. In the wrong situation, he’s a high risk of seeing his counting stats start to match his poor analytics much like Huberdeau came crashing back to earth this year and while for most of his career he’s had free reign to run the show in Winnipeg - he could quickly find himself in the doghouse with on a new franchise with a coach who stresses the things he has shown little inclination for lately.

Now on a good team with say an established #1 center who is gonna draw the big matchups and who has a lot of defensive minded and gritty support players - a free wheeling Scheifele could still have some big point producing seasons as a supporting cast member.

The biggest thing Winnipeg has going for them is Scheifele is a rental on a good price for one more year which should stir interest. The second he signs his next deal - he will likely be a hard negative value commodity. But that will be some other club’s problem.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Huh? Habs fans have been beating the "he only wants to play in Montreal so we won't offer you the shit on our shoe in a trade for him since he's gonna sign here as a UFA anyway" drum in 1,000,000 threads

Hey, we live in a world where Habs fans won't trade Dach for PLD
I'm debating whether i would even want PLD after his lack of effort when it counted in the playoffs. You are dreaming if you think the Habs would trade Dach for PLD. Absolutely out of your mind. Habs have zero reason to do that when they could simply wait for PLD to become a UFA.

Habs could even offsheet him at 6.4M, 1 year (1st + 3rd) and handcuff Wpg. In that scenario, if Jets match, the Jets can't trade him for 1 year. They are pooched. They have no choice but to let go of PLD for the 1st + 3rd round pick.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I'm debating whether i would even want PLD after his lack of effort when it counted in the playoffs. You are dreaming if you think the Habs would trade Dach for PLD. Absolutely out of your mind. Habs have zero reason to do that when they could simply wait for PLD to become a UFA.

Habs could even offsheet him at 6.4M, 1 year (1st + 3rd) and handcuff Wpg. In that scenario, if Jets match, the Jets can't trade him for 1 year. They are pooched. They have no choice but to let go of PLD for the 1st + 3rd round pick.
Wouldn't that require PLD to sign an offer sheet at 6.4m?
I think, he expects more on his next deal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wouldn't that require PLD to sign an offer sheet at 6.4m?
I think, he expects more on his next deal
Depends how badly he wants out of the Jets organization and fulfill his dream with the Habs. Its pretty obvious he wants out of Winnipeg badly.

I think its realistic if the Habs really want him now. (which i am not so sure is the case).

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Disagree. Jets need to trade for the best return. Period.

Jets rebuild means they wont be in the playoffs next season (and next...). What difference does a division rival make?
Yes, I totally agree with you. This old adage about not trading within the division is complete nonsense, but it still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad