Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
everyone knows PLD want to go to MTL. no other gm will offer much for a 1 year of PLD.
Now for the FACT. the longer the jets refuse to deal with MTL the lower the offer gets.
If the jets dont start very very soon AND for sure the offer will NEVER be a great offer from MTL the more MTL can just wait 1 year and get PLD for free. I know it sucks for jets but FACE THE MUSIC or get NOTHING. The jets need to rebuild so they need draft picks bad. Habs have draft picks. BUT jets wont get TOP TOP current talent or top top picks. the best they will do is Habs second 1st and maybe one of the rookie d-men Harris maybe. and thats all she wrote. or a top second + harris or Baron/ + a 3er or and ahl player.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Has anyone mentioned Wheeler to Minnesota? It would be a great story, plus he could fill one of the center roles. He'd be an expensive 2 or 3 C, but he's probably been as effective there as he is at RW, which is to say, not very effective.

Reactions: mondo3

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
everyone knows PLD want to go to MTL. no other gm will offer much for a 1 year of PLD.
Now for the FACT. the longer the jets refuse to deal with MTL the lower the offer gets.
If the jets dont start very very soon AND for sure the offer will NEVER be a great offer from MTL the more MTL can just wait 1 year and get PLD for free. I know it sucks for jets but FACE THE MUSIC or get NOTHING. The jets need to rebuild so they need draft picks bad. Habs have draft picks. BUT jets wont get TOP TOP current talent or top top picks. the best they will do is Habs second 1st and maybe one of the rookie d-men Harris maybe. and thats all she wrote. or a top second + harris or Baron/ + a 3er or and ahl player.
Florida's pick is off the table.

Debrincat, a priven 40G ppg player net a 1st + 2nd + 3rd on a terrible draft.

Dubois isn't worth more than Debrincat with a 63pts best ever season.

Cond 2024 1st rd pick (top15) that slides to 2026 if top15 (equivalent to the pick Cat got)
Dvorak (will easilly fetch a 2nd + at the TDL)
4-7 rd pick

Is the highest Habs should ever go otherwise we just wait till he becomes UFA in 2024

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Cond 2024 1st rd pick (top15) that slides to 2026 if top15 (equivalent to the pick Cat got)
4-7 rd pick

Is the highest Habs should ever go otherwise we just wait till he becomes UFA in 2024
Jets already traded one problem for another. Not sure they want to keep playing that game with Debrincat

Reactions: hn777

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

I think your assumption that the FLA 1st is worth more than the 7th overall last year is misplaced.

I think Dubois and Debrincat would have similar absolute value, it just depends on how much leverage Montreal has.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

4-7 rd pick

Dude, he will sign with Carolina this summer 5 years, so stop with this

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Kyle Connor & Ehlers to the Red Wings for:

2023 1st (NYI) - 17OA
2024 1st (BOS) - could be lottery pick if boston sucks next year
2023 2nd (DET) - 40 OA
2023 2nd (VAN) - 41 OA
+ Filip Zadina (former 6OA needs change of scenery) & Albert Johansson (basically NHL ready LHD)

Basically a 1st + 2nd + B prospect for each

If WPG blows it up the rebuild could be very quick trading them and Scheifele + Helleybuck

• Haha
Reactions: Babyhockey

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
As a Hab fan you other hab fans are f***ing insufferable. You guys make almost every thread into PLD just f***ing wait patiently and see what happens. I read threads about Hart and the Jets to see what they are up to not to see things about the habs but all that it ends up being is flooded with Habs related crap and its the same crap too.....
They did this with Monahan to Colorado droin to Colorado … it’s bad

Kyle Connor & Ehlers to the Red Wings for:

2023 1st (NYI) - 17OA
2024 1st (BOS) - could be lottery pick if boston sucks next year
2023 2nd (DET) - 40 OA
2023 2nd (VAN) - 41 OA
+ Filip Zadina (former 6OA needs change of scenery) & Albert Johansson (basically NHL ready LHD)

Basically a 1st + 2nd + B prospect for each

If WPG blows it up the rebuild could be very quick trading them and Scheifele + Helleybuck
Kyle Connor should get more especially since he has a contract JMO

Last edited:

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I wouldn’t be willing to kick it down the road another year. I’d rather deal with other teams involving young centers or 23 draft picks.
We have both. Carolina is one of the few contenders (in the east at least) that has a 1st round pick in this year's draft.

We also have Drury we called up from the AHL that has looked like a promising young centerman (he got injured during the Islanders series though and should be back soon).

Carolina, for several reasons, will be one of the most interested teams in talking with Winnipeg, and from Winnipeg's perspective, will also be one of the top potential trade partners.

As a Carolina fan, the questions are who would we target, and would Kyle Connor be available?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm sure if asked he say he'd like to play for a lot of teams. Could he land on the Habs? Of course he could. All the Habs need to do is pay him more than the rest. I'm sure he's well aware of the pressure cooker that environment is
So we need to pay Winnipeg a kings ransom for him and then overpay him to stay. Sounds wonderful. How's guhle, Dach and this years first sound? We can add if it's not enough. Hopefully we can sign pld for less that 10m per...

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Scheifele on the Kings would be a good match. Kopitar-Scheifele-Danault down the middle makes them cup contender imo. Kopitar and Danualt there to shutdown top lines while Scheifele can attack weaker matchups.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
So we need to pay Winnipeg a kings ransom for him and then overpay him to stay. Sounds wonderful. How's guhle, Dach and this years first sound? We can add if it's not enough. Hopefully we can sign pld for less that 10m per...
What you think the Habs will be the only interested team?
Hyperbole in order to try to win an argument is a clear sign of you having nothing

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What you think the Habs will be the only interested team?

We already have reports that PLD is interested in more then just the Habs, so thats a big plus for the Jets, plus we have reports some teams would trade for him even if they knew he was only a one year rental. IMO PLD is traded this summer, to who I'm not sure, it could be the Habs or multi other teams by the sounds of it.......whoever pays the most hopefully will land him. What that price will be, not sure but these reports only help the Jets, I still think he will be traded at a discount but not as cheaply as some think he will be.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Scheifele on the Kings would be a good match. Kopitar-Scheifele-Danault down the middle makes them cup contender imo. Kopitar and Danualt there to shutdown top lines while Scheifele can attack weaker matchups.
I might be wrong but wouldn’t Hellebyuck on the Kings make more sense than Scheifele?
We already have reports that PLD is interested in more then just the Habs, so thats a big plus for the Jets, plus we have reports some teams would trade for him even if they knew he was only a one year rental. IMO PLD is traded this summer, to who I'm not sure, it could be the Habs or multi other teams by the sounds of it.......whoever pays the most hopefully will land him. What that price will be, not sure but these reports only help the Jets, I still think he will be traded at a discount but not as cheaply as some think he will be.
This 👆

Best offer will get PLD. Hopefully Montreal offer just enough to beat other team’s offer without having to break the bank. They certainly have the assets to make something happen.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
So, with the idea that Winnipeg wants/needs a young center, but also keeping in mind that Carolina probably doesn't offer Jarvis since they didn't for Meier and Jarvis has more points than Meier so far in the playoffs (4 points compared to Meier's 0), here is an offer that's geared more towards Winnipeg rebuilding for Kyle Connor than a re-tool:

-Drury + 1st round pick 2023 + Scott Morrow (a top tier RHD prospect) + 2nd round pick 2023

-Kyle Connor

Sounds close to Winnipeg fans, or no way?

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
I might be wrong but wouldn’t Hellebyuck on the Kings make more sense than Scheifele?

This 👆

Best offer will get PLD. Hopefully Montreal offer just enough to beat other team’s offer without having to break the bank. They certainly have the assets to make something happen.
Could even do both if they unloaded the farm + draft picks.

Reactions: mondo3

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

This 👆

IMO multi teams will offer the value of mid to late 1st rd pick in 2023 plus a good prospect (not blue chipper)........IMO it will come down to where does the 1st rd pick fall OA and how does the Jets scouts value the prospect being offered.........1st rd picks in the 15-20 range are not dramatically different in value, partly depends who the Jets target in the draft and where they think he will get picked and then how does the prospect being offered fit the Jets needs and how their scouts like him. Some team might also throw in a bottom 6 roster player to sweeten the offer and try to win the bidding.

Super pumped going into the summer, thank god change is going to happen to some degree.

Reactions: hn777

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So, with the idea that Winnipeg wants/needs a young center, but also keeping in mind that Carolina probably doesn't offer Jarvis since they didn't for Meier and Jarvis has more points than Meier so far in the playoffs (4 points compared to Meier's 0), here is an offer that's geared more towards Winnipeg rebuilding for Kyle Connor than a re-tool:

-Drury + 1st round pick 2023 + Scott Morrow (a top tier RHD prospect) + 2nd round pick 2023

-Kyle Connor

Sounds close to Winnipeg fans, or no way?

Guys like KC, Ehlers and Helle would only be available if the Jets full rebuild........full rebuild will be determined likely by Helle decision to sign or not and that will be influenced by what the Jets get in return for guys like PLD, Wheeler, Mark, etc who are likely all traded. If the returns are futured based only or bad roster players then Helle will want to be traded and no interest in a rebuild.

Reactions: hn777 and Sigurd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and cap dump)
Ehlers -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and player)
Scheifele -> (1st 2024, 1st 2025, 2 prospects, and cap dump/player)
Dubois -> Montreal (Dach, 1st 2024 and prospect)
Wheeler -> (1st/2nd, prospect and cap dump)
Connor -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect, roster player and cap dump)
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)
Morrissey -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect and roster player)

In all honesty, I see Connor, Lowry and Morrissey staying with the Jets.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Guys like KC, Ehlers and Helle would only be available if the Jets full rebuild........full rebuild will be determined likely by Helle decision to sign or not and that will be influenced by what the Jets get in return for guys like PLD, Wheeler, Mark, etc who are likely all traded. If the returns are futured based only or bad roster players then Helle will want to be traded and no interest in a rebuild.
Understood, and thank you.

My hope was that if Winnipeg actually makes Kyle Connor available, that means they're in rebuild mode, and our futures based offer would be appealing.

So, bare with me, but what about the same offer of:

-For PLD instead of KC

Or would that still not be appealing enough either since you guys want more roster players than just Drury? I would think if you guys are also trading Mark, Wheeler, etc. you can get other roster players for them too. In other words, the sum total of all the trades will be great enough to have a strong return roster wise, and future wise. Drury in particular is ready to have a bigger role in the NHL IMO.

Personally, I think depending on what the trade market is, you guys might have to cut ties with Helle. If it will be a shorter looking rebuild, it's worth considering cutting ties with your goalie. I'm thinking of Morrow specifically and how he's gonna play in college for 1 more year, but likely be ready to play in the NHL after that.

Winnipeg is generally in a very interesting situation with different paths they can take IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad