Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That's not how it works. It will be the same as Tkachuk last summer.

Why would PLD and his agent handicap chevy like that? Doesn't make sense

And yes, I'm unapologetically grouping all Habs fans together. You, Slaf and Habs Halifax are the worst of the group though
To get the f*** out of the Peg. Its obvious. PLD is a selfish player who wants what he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Didn't Friedman claim there is a 95% chance PLD will be a Hab? So does that mean there is a 5% chance that another team may want PLD for a 2 year (now 1 year) rental?

Did you actually believe him when he said 95%? I mean he has no clue it’s that high of a chance and how does one even put a % on something like that. But yes, he confirmed one team wanted PLD for a two year rental and stated he wouldn’t be surprised if some would want him as a one year rental. I still suspect Habs are likely the most likely landing spot, albeit who knows, I don’t care where he goes I only care about two or more teams wanting him and not just one. Sounds like from Marek and Friedman there will be multi teams interested and PLD is open to multi teams.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Did you actually believe him when he said 95%? I mean he has no clue it’s that high of a chance and how does one even put a % on something like that. But yes, he confirmed one team wanted PLD for a two year rental and stated he wouldn’t be surprised if some would want him as a one year rental. I still suspect Habs are likely the most likely landing spot, albeit who knows, I don’t care where he goes I only care about two or more teams wanting him and not just one.
And that 1 team was the 5%! ;)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
To get the f*** out of the Peg. Its obvious. PLD is a selfish player who wants what he wants.
It's not like the draft makes a player a team's property. PLD has every right to play where he wants to. He only is obligated to give them his RFA years

The only selfish aspect would be that time he played bad for a stretch in Columbus but that didn't continue in Winnipeg so maybe there's more to it than him pouting his way off of a team.

Reactions: jetssaying

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's not like the draft makes a player a team's property. PLD has every right to play where he wants to. He only is obligated to give them his RFA years

The only selfish aspect would be that time he played bad for a stretch in Columbus but that didn't continue in Winnipeg so maybe there's more to it than him pouting his way off of a team.
That one time was a long period of apathetic play in the hopes of getting out of dodge. That's unprofessional and immature.

At the end of the day, i am not a fan of his joining the Habs as i see Drouin Ver. 2 happening when the going gets tough. I think he has character flaws.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Fastest way out is to give chevy a list of teams he'd extend with. Get it done at the draft. If not, he could be here for another winter and gets dealt at the TDL with retention. Chevy's guaranteed a 1st and prospect at that point

Reactions: Heldig

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Media guys:

- Often wrong & dumb

- Always are guilty to pandering to Habs & Leafs fans most often for clicks. Clicks = $
Can't argue with facts. You nailed it.

Fastest way out is to give chevy a list of teams he'd extend with. Get it done at the draft. If not, he could be here for another winter and gets dealt at the TDL with retention. Chevy's guaranteed a 1st and prospect at that point
Or he could sign a 1 - year offersheet to stick it to Chevy and get out faster.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Can't argue with facts. You nailed it.

Or he could sign a 1 - year offersheet to stick it to Chevy and get out faster.
You do realize chevy can match that, right? If PLD sticks it to chevy, chevy can stick it right back to him

Besides, at the level of his salary, we'd take the picks. Better value that what Habs fans are offering anyway

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You do realize chevy can match that, right? If PLD sticks it to chevy, chevy can stick it right back to him

Besides, at the level of his salary, we'd take the picks. Better value that what Habs fans are offering anyway
Yes, i do realize that. And Chevy matches, he can't trade PLD at the TDL. It would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. PLD walks at the end of a miserable season for him and the Jets.

Chevy wouldn't match because he wouldn't want a malcontent in the dressing room bringing down an already fragile group and would take the pick.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yes, i do realize that. And Chevy matches, he can't trade PLD at the TDL. It would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. PLD walks at the end of a miserable season for him and the Jets.

Chevy wouldn't match because he wouldn't want a malcontent in the dressing room bringing down an already fragile group and would take the pick.
It's a moot point. This will be resolved by the draft. If he's not extended, he'll be moved there guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad