Euro: Euro 2020/21 Discussion

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I feel like it was the best reaction yet. Wondefully written, with every bit of that sensitivity he has. He's clearly a great guy and all what he wrote goes into that direction.

The reason I'm questioning it is that he indicates he had a bad season and lacked confidence. That puts the ball right back in Southgate's court. Why bring him on to take a penalty if he lacks confidence after a tough season. Surely that had come up at some point? It raises the same questions that Grealish's post raised.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The reason I'm questioning it is that he indicates he had a bad season and lacked confidence. That puts the ball right back in Southgate's court. Why bring him on to take a penalty if he lacks confidence after a tough season. Surely that had come up at some point? It raises the same questions that Grealish's post raised.
I felt he said it to explain what went through his head going to the spot,not to charge the coach.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think it's much harder to determine the popularity of the sport given that it's a totally different scenario i.e. the North American league plays 2nd fiddle. So you're comparing major once every 4 year events like the Euro or World Cup vs a sport that's primarily watched via a single league with 162 games a year. I think it's fair to compare the Euro to the Stanley Cup playoffs, but the Euro Final should only be compared to say a Stanley Cup game 7 or a World Series game 7.

Reactions: Lepardi

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think anybody really watches hockey anymore.

In the northeast and certain parts of the midwest they do. But I gotta say that a lot of things related to hockey have massively turned me off the sport. I would rather not get into detail about some of them but the lack of rule enforcement alone is bad enough. And then you have goalies who look like the Michelin man. No thanks. I can think of no faster way to sabotage a sport.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In the northeast and certain parts of the midwest they do. But I gotta say that a lot of things related to hockey have massively turned me off the sport. I would rather not get into detail about some of them but the lack of rule enforcement alone is bad enough. And then you have goalies who look like the Michelin man. No thanks. I can think of no faster way to sabotage a sport.
SALARY CAP!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Last NHL game I watched on TV was around 3 years ago I think, and I haven't seen a game live in almost that long.

It's hard to believe that in another life I was posting about hockey on this site 10-20 times per day at one point.
Are we the same person?

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
The group of death teams all got bounced first round.

I've seen many people bring this up as if it's proof the expression "group of death" wasn't warranted. It absolutely was. There are eight teams in Europe that are clearly above the rest. France, Germany and Portugal all belong in that top-8. The other five (Italy, England, Belgium, Spain and Netherlands) all played in different groups.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad