Value of: Erik Karlsson at the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Anyway, here is the list of acceptable trade offers for EK65 straight up, per team: (flame away, but value is there)

ANA: Rakell, Lindholm
ARI: OEL, Domi
BOS: McAvoy, Marchand
BUF: Eichel, Bogo OR Risto, ROR
CGY: Monahan, Hamilton
CAR: Slavin/Faulk/Hanifin, Aho, Lindholm
CHI: Kane
COL: MacK, Barrie OR Landy, Zadorov, 2017 first round pick
CBJ: Saad, Jones, 1st round pick
DAL: Seguin/Benn, Honka
DET: Larkin, Nyquvist, Mantha, Ouellett
EDM: McJesus (add a 2nd round pick to Karlsson) OR Drai, Larsson, 1st round pick
FLA: Ekblad, Trochek
LAK: Doughty, Pearson, 2nd round pick OR Kopitar, Muzzin
MIN: Spurgeon, Nino, Coyle
MTL: Weber, Lekkhonen, 1st round pick OR Pacioretty, Sergachev, Petry
PHI: Provorov, Simmonds, OR Giroux, Stolarz
PIT: Crosby OR Malkin, Cole
SJS: Couture, Vlasic OR Burns, Hertl
STL: Tarasenko, Fabbri, 1st round pick OR Pietrangelo, Schwartz
TBL; Stamkos, Dotchin OR Drouin, Kucherov
TOR: Matthews OR Marner, Rielly, Dermott
VAN: Tanev, Goldobin, Horvat, Hutton
VGK: Duke, 2017, 2018, 2019 1st round picks (for the lol)
WAS: Backstrom, Niskanen or Kuznetsov, Carlson, Burakovsky, Wilson
WPG: Laine, Byfuglien OR Shiefele, Ehlers

I bolded the players who I think might not be made available. A lot of your offers are more than I believe would be offered. That said, there are a lot up there that I would not do.

I simply don't think Karlsson will leave. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I think Karlsson has a lot of Alfie in him and he really wants to finish what his mentor started. And, given that, I just wouldn't trade Karlsson unless for a ridiculous offer.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
If ever Karlsson was available, I would offer the moon for him.

Galchenyuk + Sergachev + Petry + Any other player not named Pacioretty/Price/Weber + 1st 2018 for Karlsson + cap dump(s).

Karlsson is one-of-a-kind. Anyone who thinks that trading their top-4 + top prospect, etc be an overpayment for Karlsson isn't thinking of the fact that they are instantly receiving probably the best D-man in the league. I don't even think my offer above would get Karlsson, but I tried my best to make it not insulting, considering just how great of a player he truly is (and the fact he's still super young, with a great contract, and a lot of great years ahead. I think a generational player like Karlsson would require only quality++ in return.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Matthews + for Karlsson? LOL

Leafs wouldn't trade Matthews for the entire Sens organization.

Matthews walks on water he is a god among men. Erik Karlsson is but a miesly peasant and couodnt even tie matthews skates if his life depended on it. Matthews will transend time and space meanwhile Karlsson will never be able to add the numbers 3 and 4 together without falling into a deep dark depression.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Matthews walks on water he is a god among men. Erik Karlsson is but a miesly peasant and couodnt even tie matthews skates if his life depended on it. Matthews will transend time and space meanwhile Karlsson will never be able to add the numbers 3 and 4 together without falling into a deep dark depression.

The two closest NHL players who can transcend time and space are Jarnkrok and Josi, they are practically physicists if they aren't playing hockey lol. Source: Met them and had conversations with them haha.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't see the Senators even considering a deal in the slightest bit unless it's an extreme overpayment; or it's Laine or Matthews coming back their way.

It's unrealistic to think it'll happen.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
MTL: Weber, Lekkhonen, 1st round pick OR Pacioretty, Sergachev, Petry

wow didn't see that...

Pacioretty, Sergachev, Petry is good but Weber, Lekkhonen, 1st round pick is really not what the Sens would want. Lekhonen and 1st have not much value in that kind of trade and Weber, while he had a great career and is still a great veteran, is soon 32 y/o and has 9 years left at near 8 M$ per year... No thanks

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
We'll give you Klefbom and Larsson, who combine to make a legitimate top-pairing for only one million more than Karlsson's current cap hit.

Given that they're two of my three favourite Oilers players, that's something alright.

Obviously Karlsson would need to have a reasonable extension signed already.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Given the scenario, Leafs would offer a package of Rielly, a 1st, JVR or Kapanen + throw ins.

I know on HF that barely gets you in on the conversation for Tanev but that's as much as Lou offers IMO.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Given the scenario, Leafs would offer a package of Rielly, a 1st, JVR or Kapanen + throw ins.

I know on HF that barely gets you in on the conversation for Tanev but that's as much as Lou offers IMO.

karlsson can get a lot more than that, which is why trading for him is pointless, you'd literally have to gut your roster to get him.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
William Nylander or Mitch Marner

+

1st 2017

+

1st 2018

+

Dermott

and if needed

+

Kapanen.

Huge package would essentially be all in, and rebuild Ottawa instantly.

Leafs chance a cup with Matthews and the other guy left. Maybe bring in Tavares in UFA with the money saved on Nylander/Marner.

The Leafs would be massively dumb to do that

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

What would be the point of adding a number 1 franchise defenceman if it costs you a franchise centre? Those don't grow on trees either.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ya no....you don't trade five prime assets for one. If Marner becomes anything close to Patrick Kane it would look like one of the worst deals in NHL history.

Yes you're right. I wouldnt trade Marner for Patrick Kane either since they are essentially the same players.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yes you're right. I wouldnt trade Marner for Patrick Kane either since they are essentially the same players.

Did I see they are essentially the same player? Those are the high point comparisons for Marner. Would Chicago ship off Kane and 4 other prime assets for Karlsson if they didn't have Duncan Keith...I would say no.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Did I see they are essentially the same player? Those are the high point comparisons for Marner. Would Chicago ship off Kane and 4 other prime assets for Karlsson if they didn't have Duncan Keith...I would say no.

Marner is no Kane.

Leafs do not have a Duncan Keith caliber defenceman let alone a Karlsson.

So yes, it would be idiotic to not accept that trade from the Leafs standpoint.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Marner is no Kane.

Leafs do not have a Duncan Keith caliber defenceman let alone a Karlsson.

So yes, it would be idiotic to not accept that trade from the Leafs standpoint.

Given contract situations and cap hits, its not worth it for Toronto to make that deal. Karlsson with 2 years left of control is not worth that package for the Leafs.

Not idiotic to not accept that trade from the Leafs standpoint at all.

Moot anyway since if Karlsson is ever traded by the Sens, the last team they would deal him to is the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad