Proposal: (EMD) - [TOR) - Larson for Nylander (Shakened Not Stireed)

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
EDM got fleeced it for Larson , Hall was always better and more valuable, now hes on legendary status .

Larson isn't a bad player at all but he's defeintly not valued at HALLING, W. Nylander

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Nurse has been their best D. I would also rate Klef higher despite his tough year. He's definitely not their best D and would never command a young 60 point player who can go C or wing. Just because your GM ****ed up (a bunch of trades) doesn't mean others will. No ****ing chance. He's not a top pairing dman and he has next to no offence. He's not a plug by any means, but he's not worth a young stud, despite your GMs stupidity
Not my GM Im cheering for the sad sack Canucks. Yes they got drilled on that trade but as a RHD he's still valuable. Didn't realize he's regressed to be passed by Nurse and Klef my bad if true.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Not my GM Im cheering for the sad sack Canucks. Yes they got drilled on that trade but as a RHD he's still valuable. Didn't realize he's regressed to be passed by Nurse and Klef my bad if true.
Klef had a real down year but I believe he’s still their best chance at a #1 D. That being said nurse made big strides this season, Larson is just the same old. I don’t see him as a top 2 on any team. Especially compared to Rielly when people won’t admit he’s a #1 either, yet he’s a mile ahead offensively and similar defensively.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Value of OP favors the Oilers, but from a needs perspective, the Oilers cannot make this trade with no suitable top 4 RD on the team other than Larsson.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Edmonton cannot and will not trade Larsson.

He is a quality second pair D, but because of their massive over payment the trade would be benchmarked against the value of Hall now. No way Oilers can move him now without it becoming an even bigger embarrassment for them.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
the only Larsson the Leafs might do a 1 for 1 swap plays in the Arizona desert

but as long as Edmonton throws in either a 1st or a 3rd + Hopkins we'll take it under consideration

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’m not here to criticize Nylander, just saying st the moment he would not bring back a player like Adam Larsson.
Perhaps one day he becomes a reliable top 6 guy..obviously now he is a inconsistent young forward trying to find a place in Nhl..no harm in that. Many young players in same boat.
He has way more value than larsson. Nylander would be your 3rd/4th best forward

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
the only Larsson the Leafs might do a 1 for 1 swap plays in the Arizona desert

but as long as Edmonton throws in either a 1st or a 3rd + Hopkins we'll take it under consideration

You guys are hilarious.

‘Kapanen/JVR’s rights/Tyler Bozak/Josh Leivo have LOADS of value,! Him and other spare crap is totally a fair offer for a top four defenceman!’

‘Top four defenceman? Pfft you’d have to add your top ten first or a top six C to be worth our one dimensional winger’

Jones/Johansen
Hall/Larsson
Henrique/Vatanen

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
I've been saying all season the Leafs defence isn't built to the playoffs.

Where does that leave the Oilers defence which is inferior to Toronto's in every way imaginable? The Oilers defence isn't built for the NHL. I think it's more suited to the AHL.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Where does that leave the Oilers defence which is inferior to Toronto's in every way imaginable? The Oilers defence isn't built for the NHL. I think it's more suited to the AHL.

Says the fan of the team employing Zaitsev and Polak...

The Oilers have some weak links and our skilled young defencemen are coming up he pipeline but need time like Bear/Jones/Lagesson(top pairing on his Swedish club) Berglund (top pairing on his Swedish club, currently emerging as a star in the playoffs) and Samorukov. We didn’t have a Dermott ready to come up so Sekera going down took pretty much the whole house of cards with it. Remember it was virtually identical to the 16/17 Oiler defence, which even you have to admit was better than the Leafs defence last year.

Losing Sekera for most of the season hurt us badly as last season he was arguably our most consistent defenceman. Losing him left us exposed when Klefbom was trying to play through pain, which forced Nurse into a top pairing role, which made Larsson have to do more babysitting, which meant guys not suited to the top four saw tougher matchups than they should have (Russell and Benning).

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You guys are hilarious.

‘Kapanen/JVR’s rights/Tyler Bozak/Josh Leivo have LOADS of value,! Him and other spare crap is totally a fair offer for a top four defenceman!’

‘Top four defenceman? Pfft you’d have to add your top ten first or a top six C to be worth our one dimensional winger’

Jones/Johansen
Hall/Larsson
Henrique/Vatanen

Nylander > Henrique and Vatanen >> Larsson. Jones >>> Larsson.

Mid 1st + 2nd + 2nd/Hamilton
Mid 1st + 2nd + 2nd/Hamonic
2nd + 2nd/Boychuk
Pokka + garbage/Leddy
Setoguchi + Coyle + late 1st/Burns + 2nd

Just because your GM is actively sabotaging your franchise doesn't mean it's normal for others to do so. No sane GM would pay a top line forward for Larsson :laugh:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

It really isn't though. When all are playing as they should (last season) our D is vastly superior.
This season
a) Lars had to cover for a bad Klefbom, then had to deal with the passing of his father.
b) Benning came crashing back down to reality, barely an NHLer
c) Klefbom was clearly injured play suffered a lot went from a #2 dman to a bottom pairing guy
d) Sekera tore his ACL and does not look the same

Nurse and Russel were the only bright spots consistently this season. Talbot also shat the bed making our D seem much worse than it is.

Oilers D >> Leafs D

(But don't worry because the Leafs Offense >>>>> Oilers offense )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad