Proposal: (EMD) - [TOR) - Larson for Nylander (Shakened Not Stireed)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nylander > Henrique and Vatanen >> Larsson. Jones >>> Larsson.

Mid 1st + 2nd + 2nd/Hamilton
Mid 1st + 2nd + 2nd/Hamonic
2nd + 2nd/Boychuk
Pokka + garbage/Leddy
Setoguchi + Coyle + late 1st/Burns + 2nd

Just because your GM is actively sabotaging your franchise doesn't mean it's normal for others to do so. No sane GM would pay a top line forward for Larsson :laugh:

Vatanen is not better at anything but offense than Larsson. If you value your defensive zone at all you’d rather have Larsson 100 times out of 100. Jones is very good but Johansen is a legit 1C. Nylander is not worth a guy like Jones, even back when he was still emerging.

Hamonic is awful. Boychuk was old and a UFA. Leddy is a proud green jacket owner because he needs a map in his own zone.

Burns was a forward when the Sharks traded for him :laugh: ancient history is fun though. The only good deal there for the team giving up the assets is the Hamilton deal. If you can replicate that go nuts.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Going from hall to nylander is quite sad. For that reason alone, Oilers won't do it althou they would be really stupid.
Chia must have heard of salvage value. Nylander is the perfect salvage value.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Adam Larsson is arguably a below average NHL defender.

As a 4th overall pick to have only reached a career high of 24 points in his 7 NHL seasons is absolutely pathetic. It actually qualifies him as a bust when you factor in his draft position.

Oilers really got hosed in that trade, easily one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL history.
Where would you rank Reinhardt for the pick that landed Barzal? :laugh:

Feb 24, 2017
It’s a ham and cheese sandwich with French toast as the bread. I think it would have to be nurse for the conversation to start
I prefer they hold the icing sugar and whatever else may make it sweeter than savory. I really do like the savory version.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
You guys are hilarious.

‘Kapanen/JVR’s rights/Tyler Bozak/Josh Leivo have LOADS of value,! Him and other spare crap is totally a fair offer for a top four defenceman!’

‘Top four defenceman? Pfft you’d have to add your top ten first or a top six C to be worth our one dimensional winger’

Jones/Johansen
Hall/Larsson
Henrique/Vatanen
no more hilarious then your obvious and sad jests my friend

Nylander for OEL isn't all that crazy and a lot less crazy the Nylander straight up for Adam Larsson who like Tanev in Vancouver are nothing the Leafs need based on the game they play

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
disgusting. Unless Drai or McDavid are involved no way for Nylander to be in involved. AKA won't happen.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan

Nylander for OEL isn't all that crazy and a lot less crazy the Nylander straight up for Adam Larsson who like Tanev in Vancouver are nothing the Leafs need based on the game they play
Is the game they play tire fire in their own zone?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
EO hoping someone else will make the same deal they did?
Larsson's value has not increased since EO lost that deal ...

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

As a 4th overall pick to have only reached a career high of 24 points in his 7 NHL seasons is absolutely pathetic. It actually qualifies him as a bust when you factor in his draft position.

Oilers really got hosed in that trade, easily one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL history.
This is easily one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. You either have to be joking and I missed it, or you're totally clueless. Those are your only two options.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Uh, yeah, it’s pretty crazy. Wingers don’t return #1 defencemen.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I'd literally rather stab myself in the eye than be a Leaf fan if we made this trade.

That was literally my post but a little worse than a simple eye stabbing, so I decided on a different route

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
First of all, the Leafs don't need a "shake-up" at all. they are doing fine. Edmonton? Sure.
The Leafs won't make the same mistake as the Oilers did and trade a young forward with great talent fora top 4 D.

member 157595

Awful for Toronto. Doesn't make sense to move Nylander for a good but low-upside player like Larsson.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Don't agree with Larsson being a bust because he's more of a defensive D-Man but the trade ,Yes was horrendous for the Oilers.
Also yes the Leafs are in bad need for Defense but i believe that Nylander has > value than Larsson.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
You don’t make the Hall for Larsson deal better by throwing needs to the wind and dealing Larsson for a much less dominant winger.

We badly needed a guy like Larsson. Trading Larsson for Nylander just puts us back to square 1 of having garbage RHD, badly needing to address that need, except now we have Nylander instead of Hall.

Sooner just keep Larsson.
Trading Hall for Larsson was an awful deal... what you traded him for should have no baring on what you will accept for him in a trade, it’s a sunk cost. Larson also isn’t a good enough defenseman to really worry about the hole it leaves when you’re getting a top line winger, who could very well develop into a C if need be, as he’s already been counted on in that role for TO, and did quite well.

The only thing that should be keeping Edmonton is the value of the picks they’d have to give up to convince TO to do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad