Proposal: (EMD) - [TOR) - Larson for Nylander (Shakened Not Stireed)

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Adam Larsson is arguably a below average NHL defender.

As a 4th overall pick to have only reached a career high of 24 points in his 7 NHL seasons is absolutely pathetic. It actually qualifies him as a bust when you factor in his draft position.

Oilers really got hosed in that trade, easily one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL history.

By that criteria, Vlasic would never be worth 7 mil per either.... until you watch him face the toughest matchups every night and eliminate the opposition’s biggest threat. (I’m not suggesting Larsson is on that level, just plays a similar style).

Was the Hall/Larsson trade lopsided value wise? Yes.
Should it be dismissed as a reference point for future trades? Yes.
Did Larsson have a down year (both on and off the ice)? Yes.
Should the Leafs do this deal? No.
Does the OP continually make poorly thought out proposals (bordering on troll jobs)? Yes.

Anything else we need to cover before locking this puppy up?

Reactions: Randy Randerson

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Might want to see how we do in the playoffs before deciding we "need a shake up".

Would love to add Larson but not at the price it would take. Nothing personal but I think we are in a place we want to trade futures/sign FA's to upgrade our roster rather than take away Auston's RW.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton declines. I don't care if Nylander's better, or if people say so, Larsson is more valuable to this team.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I’m not here to criticize Nylander, just saying st the moment he would not bring back a player like Adam Larsson.
Perhaps one day he becomes a reliable top 6 guy..obviously now he is a inconsistent young forward trying to find a place in Nhl..no harm in that. Many young players in same boat.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
I’m not here to criticize Nylander, just saying st the moment he would not bring back a player like Adam Larsson.
Perhaps one day he becomes a reliable top 6 guy..obviously now he is a inconsistent young forward trying to find a place in Nhl..no harm in that. Many young players in same boat.
Uhm he has two 61 point seasons. Dude's already a firmly established top 6 guy.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
he's been consistently in the top 6 of a playoff team 2 seasons in a row as a winger and is transitioning in a more protected spot as a center this season.

Back to back 60+ point seasons on top of that, there's nobody on Edmontons defence that would come close to his value for me.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Oilers say no.

Nylander is a hell of a player, but Larsson is a part of the Oilers core going forward. The right side of the Oilers defense is literally Larsson.

The Oilers should stay on course and build around Nugent-Hopkins + McDavid + Draisaitl + Nurse + Larsson. We need to add to Puljujarvi + Klefbom, which picking 9th overall will hopefully give them a good player

Morgie44

Apr 18, 2018
I understand the Oilers not being interested as they traded Hall for him & just traded Eberle.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Oilers need D not so much scoring why would they trade their best D?????? Ya ya Nylander is great but he's not what the Oil need value wise it's close only because top pairing RHD harder to find then a top line forward. Otherwise yes I agree Nylander the better player.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Oilers need D not so much scoring why would they trade their best D?????? Ya ya Nylander is great but he's not what the Oil need value wise it's close only because top pairing RHD harder to find then a top line forward. Otherwise yes I agree Nylander the better player.
Nurse has been their best D. I would also rate Klef higher despite his tough year. He's definitely not their best D and would never command a young 60 point player who can go C or wing. Just because your GM f***ed up (a bunch of trades) doesn't mean others will. No f***ing chance. He's not a top pairing dman and he has next to no offence. He's not a plug by any means, but he's not worth a young stud, despite your GMs stupidity

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00