Proposal: (EMD) - [TOR) - Larson for Nylander (Shakened Not Stireed)

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Miller is just ok. Would much prefer trying to work something out for Krug.

Definitely better than your Larsson deal...

Miller steps up in the playoffs. Boston’s best dman against Ottawa. Krug by himself would cost more than my offer, and he’s not the rd you said you wanted.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Sorry Edmonton, we are keeping our playoff roster intact. Also we don't have a GM as dumb as Chia.

Reactions: RCS

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
at this point the Hall for Larsson deal looks pretty bad for Edmonton, and definitely was the pinnacle of disparity between defense and other positions in trade value. Doubt that anyone is going to follow that model for a trade unless maybe Mike Milbury gets another GM job, or if you trade Chiarelli to another team first

Reactions: go4hockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
at this point the Hall for Larsson deal looks pretty bad for Edmonton, and definitely was the pinnacle of disparity between defense and other positions in trade value. Doubt that anyone is going to follow that model for a trade unless maybe Mike Milbury gets another GM job, or if you trade Chiarelli to another team first

You don’t make the Hall for Larsson deal better by throwing needs to the wind and dealing Larsson for a much less dominant winger.

We badly needed a guy like Larsson. Trading Larsson for Nylander just puts us back to square 1 of having garbage RHD, badly needing to address that need, except now we have Nylander instead of Hall.

Sooner just keep Larsson.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
You don’t make the Hall for Larsson deal better by throwing needs to the wind and dealing Larsson for a much less dominant winger.

We badly needed a guy like Larsson. Trading Larsson for Nylander just puts us back to square 1 of having garbage RHD, badly needing to address that need, except now we have Nylander instead of Hall.

Sooner just keep Larsson.
that's fine, I doubt you'd find the dance partner for a Nylander level player if you did want to deal Larsson, but he's good enough to play a #3 role on a good team so makes sense for Edm to keep him

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
that's fine, I doubt you'd find the dance partner for a Nylander level player if you did want to deal Larsson, but he's good enough to play a #3 role on a good team so makes sense for Edm to keep him

Larsson’s a #2. He had some fairly well documented personal issues this season and struggled with injury a bit, but he’s more than good enough to play top pairing.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
lmao so trade Larsson for a player that is far worse than the player we initially traded for him no thanks.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The love child of cellist Yo-Yo-Ma and a tomato. Good hockey genes.
No, that would be this Yes album.
yes-tormato-label-a.jpeg

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kevan Miller and Danton heinen for puljujarvi and a 2nd. Top 4 RD, top 9 LW. Boston adds a high 2nd and the rick Nash’s replacement. Oilers get a strong dman who plays on the right side and a rookie coming off of a 47 point season.
Miller doesn't have nearly that kind of value.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Adam Larsson is arguably a below average NHL defender.

As a 4th overall pick to have only reached a career high of 24 points in his 7 NHL seasons is absolutely pathetic. It actually qualifies him as a bust when you factor in his draft position.

Oilers really got hosed in that trade, easily one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL history.

Reactions: draft day

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Adam Larsson is arguably a below average NHL defender.

As a 4th overall pick to have only reached a career high of 24 points in his 7 NHL seasons is absolutely pathetic. It actually qualifies him as a bust when you factor in his draft position.

Oilers really got hosed in that trade, easily one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL history.

If your argument is Adam Larsson is below average and / or a bust your argument is wildly stupid.

He’s a defensive defenceman. Judging him on points is... well... stupid.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Miller doesn't have nearly that kind of value.

I think you’re wrong. Nick Holden got a 3rd and he’s Boston’s 8th best D. Miller is Boston’s 4th behind chara mcavoy and Krug (ahead of carlo). That to me makes him worth a 2nd +. Heinens addition to the trade is worth the other half of that plus that is pulju

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If your argument is Adam Larsson is below average and / or a bust your argument is wildly stupid.

He’s a defensive defenceman. Judging him on points is... well... stupid.

Yup I agree. FWIW I would make the deal in the OP, and think it is closer than some fans are making it seem.. but I can see why either side would say no. IMO Edmonton has more right saying no than Leaf fans. At least until we see what deal Nylander signs anyway..

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think you’re wrong. Nick Holden got a 3rd and he’s Boston’s 8th best D. Miller is Boston’s 4th behind chara mcavoy and Krug (ahead of carlo). That to me makes him worth a 2nd +. Heinens addition to the trade is worth the other half of that plus that is pulju
Prices at the deadline =/= prices in the offseason.
Prices at the deadline by a team "going for it" =/- prices paid by a team not going for it.
Pick 50-somthing isn't equal to pick 30-something.
Because Boston made a crap deal for a lousy D, doesn't mean that sets the market for anyone else.

Teams don't give up the potential of Pulju (even if in the long run it ends up unfulfilled) for "meh" guys like Miller. Yes you can say he's "top 4" in Boston, yet read every GDT and you really know what Boston fans think of him. If EDM wanted to deal Pulju it would be for an equal defenseman.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Adam Larsson would immediately become Toronto best defenseman. But he won’t come cheap. No interest what so ever in Nylander. Especially for Adam Larsson.

Not sure leafs have the pieces to get a high end defenseman at the moment. Matthews or Mariner would have to be moved to acquire some top talent. No point in moving a guy like Nylander for a third pairing type guy. I’d just keep him and hope he improves and eventually becomes a useful top 6 guy

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Prices at the deadline =/= prices in the offseason.
Prices at the deadline by a team "going for it" =/- prices paid by a team not going for it.
Pick 50-somthing isn't equal to pick 30-something.
Because Boston made a crap deal for a lousy D, doesn't mean that sets the market for anyone else.

Teams don't give up the potential of Pulju (even if in the long run it ends up unfulfilled) for "meh" guys like Miller. Yes you can say he's "top 4" in Boston, yet read every GDT and you really know what Boston fans think of him. If EDM wanted to deal Pulju it would be for an equal defenseman.

I’m a Boston fan and I think he’s great. And being a top 4 in Boston isnt an indictment, it’s proof that’s he’s a top 4. Boston’s d is really good. And you’re completely ignoring heinens inclusion in that deal

Mar 26, 2010
Adam Larsson would immediately become Toronto best defenseman. But he won’t come cheap. No interest what so ever in Nylander. Especially for Adam Larsson.

Not sure leafs have the pieces to get a high end defenseman at the moment. Matthews or Mariner would have to be moved to acquire some top talent. No point in moving a guy like Nylander for a third pairing type guy. I’d just keep him and hope he improves and eventually becomes a useful top 6 guy
Larson is a bust.

Edmonton got hosed on trading a stud like Hall for a below average D.

Don’t worry about your interest in Nylander, Edmonton is never gettting him. He would instantly be your second best player.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Why do so many folks know so little about the Leafs. Teams don't finish in the top eight in the league, 12th in the league in GAA without good defencemen. Want to make a case for Larsson being a a good addition for the Leafs, fine make it. But this nonsense of him being THAT good, geez, trying getting cable or a dish watch the Leafs and then get some knowledge about the personnel.
No interest in Nylander? Wow, a 60 point 21 year old winger. Peter Cirelli must be poolparty98 (should have picked Dubois).

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Larson is a bust.

Edmonton got hosed on trading a stud like Hall for a below average D.

Don’t worry about your interest in Nylander, Edmonton is never gettting him. He would instantly be your second best player.

And Toronto will never be getting past round one with that defence.

Also Draisaitl >>> Nylander

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4