Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Are you sure? They just signed Kulikov and have 20M left and need to sign Kaprisov, Fiala, one extra F, one extra D and possible another roster player as 13rd forward or 7th D.
They'd need to include cap in the deal but that was always the case. They're more or less right where we expected they'd be cap-wise for next year.

It's more a question of how viable they think it'll be from 2022-25. And the price.

Edit: actually, looking through it again I could be wrong. I wasn't really counting on them spending $7m+ on two defensemen.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'd bet on it, yeah. I'm no more "in the know" than your average person of the street though, so take that for what it's worth. I think any deal would require some cap being sent in return.
Buffalo would have to take atleast 10M back for it to work with the cap. So, that’s Fiala + Rask +. Maybe Fiala + Rask + 2022 1st + Khusnutdinov type deal. That could be a high 1s though at this rate.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Buffalo would have to take atleast 10M back for it to work with the cap. So, that’s Fiala + Rask +. Maybe Fiala + Rask + 2022 1st + Khusnutdinov type deal. That could be a high 1s though at this rate.
If Fiala is going in the deal, don't you have ≈$20m in space for Kaprisov + a couple depth pieces + Eichel? That seems super manageable.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Montreal would be tough now because they'd have to move salary. They can use Weber's LTIR, but they haven't' actually submitted anything to put him there and he hasn't had surgery. They could try with sending salary to Buffalo, but I can't imagine a lot of interest in Drouin. IDK if they can use Drouin on LTIR either.

NYR is also a bit of a shit show. They can fit him in now, but then they're basically "all-in" this season while rebuilding their team, because next season they'll have to re-sign Zibanejad and it becomes much harder to fit everyone under a cap. They could get Eichel and trade Zibanejad/Strome to open room, but I think they're dissatisfied with what has been offered for their one year rentals and I'm not sure many teams are keen to shell out big assets/money to acquire/retain Zibanejad without having seen him perform on their team. IDK, they seem the best suited, but I'm not sure if I was Buffalo's GM I would trade him to an in-state team in my conference.

Weber can’t be put on LTIR until he has his physicals at training camp. That’ll be done then

They'd need to include cap in the deal but that was always the case. They're more or less right where we expected they'd be cap-wise for next year.

It's more a question of how viable they think it'll be from 2022-25. And the price.

Edit: actually, looking through it again I could be wrong. I wasn't really counting on them spending $7m+ on two defensemen.

I thought Buffalo only wanted prospects and didn’t want any salary back? If they can, then yeah, Minny is still a prime landing spot

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If Fiala is going in the deal, don't you have ≈$20m in space for Kaprisov + a couple depth pieces + Eichel? That seems super manageable.
No, actually we don’t. Say Fiala is the only current roster player we send back.
20M becomes 10M after Eichel. 10M becomes 2ishM after Kaprizov. And then we have 2D and 2F spots to fill. So, even at league minimum it doesn’t work. Rask would have to be included. I just don’t see how it makes sense at this point

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
How could Adams turn a offer like that down lol :sarcasm:
I wasn’t saying he would take it. I’m just trying to show why it wouldn’t make sense. That’s legitimately the best deal we can give you given our cap structure. We can’t trade Boldy/Rossi ELCs away.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No, actually we don’t. Say Fiala is the only current roster player we send back.
20M becomes 10M after Eichel. 10M becomes 2ishM after Kaprizov. And then we have 2D and 2F spots to fill. So, even at league minimum it doesn’t work. Rask would have to be included. I just don’t see how it makes sense at this point
Sorry, I was assuming Rask was a given. You obviously know more about your team's cap situation than I do. If Minnesota is "out" due to cap space issues, I think virtually every team is out.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sorry, I was assuming Rask was a given. You obviously know more about your team's cap situation than I do. If Minnesota is "out" due to cap space issues, I think virtually every team is out.
ANA/CGY/MTL could still to it. SJ probably could too if they really wanted to. I don’t know that they should though.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
ANA/CGY/MTL could still to it. SJ probably could too if they really wanted to. I don’t know that they should though.
Montreal absolutely can't, even if Drouin was included, they'd likely have to send more cap. San Jose can't. I doubt Calgary can. Really, it's Anaheim or Minnesota in my mind.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I thought Buffalo only wanted prospects and didn’t want any salary back? If they can, then yeah, Minny is still a prime landing spot
I can't imagine not taking salary back was ever realistic but it's a lot less realistic after waiting until after free agency opens.

I do kind of wonder if the amount of cap being exchanged softens the Sabres' view on whether or not he needs to be sent west.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Montreal absolutely can't. San Jose can't. I doubt Calgary can. Really, it's Anaheim or Minnesota in my mind.
Eklund + Labanc + 2022 1st would be a good place to start. They shouldn’t but they probably could.

Calgary I think could make a decent package and they’ve got space.

It’s down to ANA/CGY for me. If I’m a betting man: 2022 1st + Pelletier + Monahan + lesser peice will get it done

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Anaheim, Minnesota and possibly NYR, Montreal and Ottawa depending on their willingness to move the required assets

Sharks would obviously be a candidate. A true #1C is exactly what they need and they have good roster players (Meier, Labanc, etc) plus picks they could offer. And DW is always big game hunting when a player like Eichel is available.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Eklund + Labanc + 2022 1st would be a good place to start. They shouldn’t but they probably could.

It’s down to ANA/CGY for me. If I’m a betting man: 2022 1st + Pelletier + Monahan + lesser peice will get it done
I wouldn't offer that package, but it's probably close to fair value for Eichel. SJ isn't a realistic destination, unfortunately.

I assume Monahan would have to go back in order for Calgary to fit him, no?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The guy signed an 8 year contract. He’s played 3. Sometimes you gotta lay in the bed you made for yourself. Tough life.
That's what I said. 5 more years in BUF. No trade is going to bring back an Eichel player. Just keep him, no need to trade at all.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Montreal absolutely can't, even if Drouin was included, they'd likely have to send more cap. San Jose can't. I doubt Calgary can. Really, it's Anaheim or Minnesota in my mind.

If Calgary included Sean Monahan (6.3 for 2 more years) they could absolutely make a deal for Eichel work.

I would happily deal both 2022 & 2023 1st rounders to land him.
Valimaki and Dube would both be on the table.

Our top six would be very good:
Gaudreau - Eichel - Tkachuk
Mangi - Lindholm - Coleman

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009

Doubt Eklund would be included, Meier more likely. Ek was the #2 best player in the draft on the Shark’s draft board, having him fall into their laps at 7 isn’t gonna go to waste I think. Think they’ll value him above any other piece.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If Calgary included Sean Monahan (6.3 for 2 more years) they could absolutely make a deal for Eichel work.

I would happily deal both 2022 & 2023 1st rounders to land him.
Valimaki and Dube would both be on the table.
Would you offer all 4 assets + Monahan? That should easily do it for Buffalo. If I were a Flames fan, I wouldn't, just gauging interest.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Doubt Eklund would be included, Meier more likely. Ek was the #2 best player in the draft on the Shark’s draft board, having him fall into their laps at 7 isn’t gonna go to waste I think. Think they’ll value him above any other piece.
I never said I think they’d do it. I was just saying they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark