Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think eventually Eichel comes back to play without the surgery and the Sabres will be able to get closer to what they are asking. I don't the type of value the Sabres are being offered right now will still be there down the road.

Be surprised if he did that. He wants the surgery because playing without it is an increased risk of re-injury that could potentially impact his career. Surgery offers more assurance that everything is structurally sound and healing properly

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Be surprised if he did that. He wants the surgery because playing without it is an increased risk of re-injury that could potentially impact his career. Surgery offers more assurance that everything is structurally sound and healing properly
I personally believe he over selling it. He is using as a issue to put pressure on the Sabres to move him. I think he found his excuse and went with it. I think he thought it would be done by now and is probably not happy with what is going on. He didn't do himself any favors with his press conference because it likely decreased his value and made him harder to trade.

Reactions: gotyournose

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
The Sabres should trade Eichel when someone offers to pay us what he's worth. That hasn't happened yet.

Make him get his ass out on the ice when he’s healthy and produce at usual rate and you will get what you feel he’s worth now. Until then, no point in a team giving that up

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Eichel is not going to risk his health and career to increase his trade value. I will be super surprised if he plays without getting surgery.

I think a lot of people are discounting his real medical concerns.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That means nothing, Eichel has zero say until it kicks in , even after so what.. If Eichel wants to go he will go when the Sabres get an offer they like..
I feel like you under estimating how bad all this would be around young players, RFA, ufa etc. threatening a player to stay there for 5 years or sit because teams didn’t want to trade you their top asset is a bad look either way

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I feel like you under estimating how bad all this would be around young players, RFA, ufa etc. threatening a player to stay there for 5 years or sit because teams didn’t want to trade you their top asset is a bad look either way

They all know he wants out their not stupid, and they know this is a business and they are assets in the Business..

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
EDIT... Radio guys got some of the details wrong. Like I said, just working out w/ local guys.

While Jack plays ,Agent up in Sweeney's office and they are on conference call with Buffalos GM Adams , working out the details...........

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Eichel

1st, 1st, Kotkaniemi, Guhle, Harris, Primeau, Drouin, Byron

Basically 4 first rounders + Harris who is projecting really well and a solid goalie prospect.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
never said he'd be playing well, hence the linemates it was a joke dude. maybe take a break from the Eichel threads.
Oh... so he comes back and plays poorly? And that increases the trade offers that you've been getting?

That seems a little off... I think maybe you should take the break.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hope so. Apparently this Shane Wright guy is good !
Well i feel like they should be in a good spot to get him... actually not to be like the worst case scenario guy... but imagine eichel plays and the team ends up like 8-10 pick

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I feel for Sabres fans. As a Sens fan, i know what it is like to know that your star player is going to get traded, but don't know when. So you just keep on waiting every day wondering when it will happen.

I remember waking up every day and wondering is today the day Spezza gets traded? Is today the day Karlsson gets traded? lol

You just want it to end.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Not So Mighty

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Well i feel like they should be in a good spot to get him... actually not to be like the worst case scenario guy... but imagine eichel plays and the team ends up like 8-10 pick
We don’t even have a goalie. Lol. Shane is a neighbour of mine and an incredible player. Having said that, the Coyotes will be dead last. They might win 10 games this season and that could be a stretch.

Reactions: Getz2noone

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Eichel

1st, 1st, Kotkaniemi, Guhle, Harris, Primeau, Drouin, Byron

Basically 4 first rounders + Harris who is projecting really well and a solid goalie prospect.

So to take Byron contract you add Primeau and Harris.

Don't need Harris at all.

Would have to send back a contract, Anders Bjork we could even retain half.

KK / Byron / Drouin / 1st / 1st / Guhle / Primeau / Kostenko

Eichel / Bjork (half retained)

I would be thrilled will this. I think Pegulas are not ready to trade Eichel to an Eastern conference team. At least not yet. And I think they will hatw this much salary coming back.

Maybe in a month this trade could happen. I would pull the trigger now.

Byron is just the sort of veteran id like to have in the room. And desperately need a veteran in the top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad