Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Would you offer all 4 assets + Monahan? That should easily do it for Buffalo. If I were a Flames fan, I wouldn't, just gauging interest.

No, not all four.
I would do a combination of said assets though.

Monahan, 2022 1st, 2023 1st and Dube (I think this is a solid offer. Monahan could be dealt for more futures too)
Monahan 2022 1st, Pelletier, Valimaki

Reactions: CanadianSharks

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
i think they could even without Eklund. I’d expect them to try to atleast with DW’s history. Not saying it’ll be the best offer but wouldn’t be shocked if they are in the mix atleast.
I would posit that Meier would have zero value to them. Maybe if you flipped Hertl for a good prospect or a 1st + and then added a fair amount to that.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Eklund + Labanc + 2022 1st would be a good place to start. They shouldn’t but they probably could.

Calgary I think could make a decent package and they’ve got space.

It’s down to ANA/CGY for me. If I’m a betting man: 2022 1st + Pelletier + Monahan + lesser peice will get it done

been pumping Monohan + Pelletier/Zary + Kylington + 2022 1st for weeks!!

Ledge And Dairy

Eklund + Labanc + 2022 1st would be a good place to start. They shouldn’t but they probably could.

Calgary I think could make a decent package and they’ve got space.

It’s down to ANA/CGY for me. If I’m a betting man: 2022 1st + Pelletier + Monahan + lesser peice will get it done
Probably Zary over Pelletier since Buffalo will want a Center prospect.
My guess would be Monahan (maybe moved to a 3rd team) + Dube + Zary + 2022 1st
Then maybe some conditional picks or another mid prospect

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
I would posit that Meier would have zero value to them. Maybe if you flipped Hertl for a good prospect or a 1st + and then added a fair amount to that.

i don’t see anyone finding a way to value Meier at zero, even if you’re set at wing Last season wasn’t good but the entire team was a dumpster fire led by our league worst goalies. He’s only a couple years removed from 30 goals 65+ points and is only 24.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
i don’t see anyone finding a way to value Meier at zero, even if you’re set at wing Last season wasn’t good but the entire team was a dumpster fire led by our league worst goalies. He’s only a couple years removed from 30 goals 65+ points and is only 24.
The guy has like a 10M qualifying offer, no? Why would they pay him that in a few years when they’re rebuilding, even if he does return to form. I don’t think many teams would extend that QO.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Buffalo overplayed their hand here big time. More and more teams dropping out. The return won't be close to what they were hoping. Kings are out, now Vegas. Who is left? Rags and Ducks?

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Buffalo overplayed their hand here big time. More and more teams dropping out. The return won't be close to what they were hoping. Kings are out, now Vegas. Who is left? Rags and Ducks?
If it’s not he gets traded next year - just because we’re all impatient doesn’t line up with FACTS. And when he lights it up again then what will you have to pay ??? Or we he even be available abd good luck finding an elite star center. The only way we lose is trading him at low value too early

Ledge And Dairy

The guy has like a 10M qualifying offer, no? Why would they pay him that in a few years when they’re rebuilding, even if he does return to form. I don’t think many teams would extend that QO.
If San Jose files for arbitration it ignores the QO but the minimum the player can be awarded is 85% of the previous years pay. So San Jose can in theory sign him for 8.5M

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If San Jose files for arbitration it ignores the QO but the minimum the player can be awarded is 85% of the previous years pay. So San Jose can in theory sign him for 8.5M
I gotcha. Wasn’t sure the exact numbers, I just knew it was a lot more than the Sabres would want to pay while they’re rebuilding.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
If it’s not he gets traded next year - just because we’re all impatient doesn’t line up with FACTS. And when he lights it up again then what will you have to pay ??? Or we he even be available abd good luck finding an elite star center. The only way we lose is trading him at low value too early

would he sit out if he can’t get the surgery he wants? Don’t know enough about the situation to speculate one way or another but if he’s legitimately concerned for his health W/O the surgery he’s got enough money to sit out.

hard to imagine a scenario where things improve for Buffalo if it gets to training camp and he’s a no-show.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Eichel isn't an elite star center. He's a legitimate #1, but he's not in anyone smarts top 10.

Do you suppose his value goes up with a year less control? Will he play for you or sit out a year? What happens to his value if he sits? If he plays and plays well you don't get one of the 3 franchise players available, if he plays poorly value drops more.

Buffalo needed to make the move before free agency opened. They've lost all leverage now.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Eichel isn't an elite star center. He's a legitimate #1, but he's not in anyone smarts top 10.

Do you suppose his value goes up with a year less control? Will he play for you or sit out a year? What happens to his value if he sits? If he plays and plays well you don't get one of the 3 franchise players available, if he plays poorly value drops more.

Buffalo needed to make the move before free agency opened. They've lost all leverage now.
Throw out last season with injuries and hes absolutely of the the top 10 centers in the league

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

I would have moved him at draft and they could have picked up a good player. Still not too late.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Signed Craig Anderson to trade to Ducks for Gibson in Eichel package.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
200w.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad