Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We don’t even have a goalie. Lol. Shane is a neighbour of mine and an incredible player. Having said that, the Coyotes will be dead last. They might win 10 games this season and that could be a stretch.
Buffalo Arizona Seattle and maybe a dark horse in Anaheim... depending on lindholms health, if zegras decides he is already jack eichel and we dont need him, and gibson decides he wants to play this year.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Buffalo Arizona Seattle and maybe a dark horse in Anaheim... depending on lindholms health, if zegras decides he is already jack eichel and we dont need him, and gibson decides he wants to play this year.
Crazy to think the Sabres were dead last and have now lost Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Montour, McCabe and Ullmark. There were a lot of injuries involved but that’s crazy turnover.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Yeah but as Sabres fans say... so what? What's he going to do... sit out 5 years?

This is a strawman. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not being disingenuous on purpose. Nobody here advocated for keeping him for 5 years no matter what. We advocated to keep him until a good deal comes by as there is no pressure to trade him right now for garbage. One way to increase the chance of a good deal is for him to come back healthy and play well. If he plays well and we get a good offer then you trade him because he doesn't want to be here. I have not seen a single person who has said we shouldn't trade him, just that we shouldn't trade him for bad offers and we have time to wait for a better one.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Why would he come back to play without getting the surgery he wants? Right or wrong he has an idea what is good for his long term health and I doubt he risks that for any reason.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
So to take Byron contract you add Primeau and Harris.

Don't need Harris at all.

Would have to send back a contract, Anders Bjork we could even retain half.

KK / Byron / Drouin / 1st / 1st / Guhle / Primeau / Kostenko

Eichel / Bjork (half retained)

I would be thrilled will this. I think Pegulas are not ready to trade Eichel to an Eastern conference team. At least not yet. And I think they will hatw this much salary coming back.

Maybe in a month this trade could happen. I would pull the trigger now.

Byron is just the sort of veteran id like to have in the room. And desperately need a veteran in the top 9.

I'd do this, definitely hurts but any eichel trade will. And Bjork could be our 12th/13th forward so sure.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At this point, I think the Wild get him, but it'll be closer to the start of the season. They've got the space, the assets, and the need.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Crazy to think the Sabres were dead last and have now lost Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Montour, McCabe and Ullmark. There were a lot of injuries involved but that’s crazy turnover.
Haven't lost Eichel yet tho

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
At this point, I think the Wild get him, but it'll be closer to the start of the season. They've got the space, the assets, and the need.

Are you sure? They just signed Kulikov and have 20M left and need to sign Kaprisov, Fiala, one extra F, one extra D and possible another roster player as 13rd forward or 7th D.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Are you sure? They just signed Kulikov and have 20M left and need to sign Kaprisov, Fiala, one extra F, one extra D and possible another roster player as 13rd forward or 7th D.
I'd bet on it, yeah. I'm no more "in the know" than your average person of the street though, so take that for what it's worth. I think any deal would require some cap being sent in return.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Anaheim, Minnesota and possibly NYR, Montreal and Ottawa depending on their willingness to move the required assets
Montreal would be tough now because they'd have to move salary. They can use Weber's LTIR, but they haven't' actually submitted anything to put him there and he hasn't had surgery. They could try with sending salary to Buffalo, but I can't imagine a lot of interest in Drouin. IDK if they can use Drouin on LTIR either.

NYR is also a bit of a shit show. They can fit him in now, but then they're basically "all-in" this season while rebuilding their team, because next season they'll have to re-sign Zibanejad and it becomes much harder to fit everyone under a cap. They could get Eichel and trade Zibanejad/Strome to open room, but I think they're dissatisfied with what has been offered for their one year rentals and I'm not sure many teams are keen to shell out big assets/money to acquire/retain Zibanejad without having seen him perform on their team. IDK, they seem the best suited, but I'm not sure if I was Buffalo's GM I would trade him to an in-state team in my conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad