Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think the big question here is whether Buffalo is going for established players or prospects and futures.

I'd have assumed they'd want a lesser center coming back for him before. But after the Reinhart and Ristolainen deals, I can imagine they might be going all in on the future.

More teams are probably willing to bid with picks and prospects than their current core.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I'm sticking with a Wild package. I’ve always believed it will be the Wild and it makes sense on so many levels. Rossi could and should be the main target to reunite him with Jack Quinn.

Rossi, Fiala, Rask and a 2022 - 1st.

Reactions: Kalv and banks

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Eichel seems more of a toxic personality. Do you want him there to spread bad energy around your young players?

Didn't he basically get a coach and/or GM fired (I can't recall everything about that ordeal) and then you have the operation situation which he made public.

It feels like the best thing would to move him ASAP. But I get it, you want full value of course. But at what cost? I'd rather take 90% value and move him then 100% of value and him pouting, talking shit about the organisation in front of your young players.

Also look at his production this last season. Do you want to risk him putting up another season like that and possibly tank his value even more?

I don't think the cost is all that bad culture-wise. It sounds like Eichel is content to just sit there and say "but muh neck" Locker rooms that lose bad personalities often improve dramatically and almost immediately. Without laboring the point so much, just take a look at all the talent they have now and how it improved under Granato. The talent coming through the system, and what they'll get for Eichel. They'll probably finish bottom 5 in the league but the difference is that this new core of players doesn't have to deal with the old one that constantly lost and couldn't get it done.

I am VERY optimistic for Buffalo right now. If Adams/Granato play this right, this is going to be nothing short of an exorcism and this is going to be their last year in the wilderness.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm sticking with a Wild package. I’ve always believed it will be the Wild and it makes sense on so many levels. Rossi could and should be the main target to reunite him with Jack Quinn.

this is my prediction as well. Though I think the 1st will be top 5 protected

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

That seems like a good package if thats really whats being offered.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Romanov+Cole+1st + 2nd + 3rd for Eichel + 2nd or prospect would get it done for the habs.

Sabres get: Top4D; Top6 player (two roster players), a 1st rounder, 2nd and 3rd round picks
If sabres want they can turn both Romanov and Cole into more picks by taking on cap dumps with sweetners attached

Habs get: Eichel, and 2nd or prospect ( to replace one of Romanov/Cole in future).

I think it is a solid trade for both teams:

If Sabres are looking for; three 1st rounders (either in picks or prospects) for Eichel that is just too much IMO for only 5 years of Eichel (or potentially 4 years if Eichel has a neck surgery).

Sabres gotta get real and not live in a freakin' fantasy land.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I get the impression that Fiala being a main piece in the deal is going to be a problem for Buffalo even if it's a necessity for Minnesota. It looks like Adams is steering the ship headlong into the rebuild storm, and that's going to be a problem if he wants to get Fiala signed to any sort of term.

The alternative would be to flip Fiala to a team looking for a young scoring forward, like LA or New Jersey, but we've already seen that the market for RFA wingers seeking substantial money is pretty bad right now. Look at what the Sabres got for Reinhart and figure that Fiala's worth around the same thing, especially if the team trading him won't accept cap coming back the other way. Minnesota can't take that cap and Buffalo seems unwilling to do so.

I guess we'll see what Adams ends up conceding on, but it doesn't look like his priorities align very well with what Minnesota's able to do.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I think Romanov+Cole+1st + 2nd + 3rd for Eichel + 2nd or prospect would get it done for the habs.

Sabres get: Top4D; Top6 player (two roster players), a 1st rounder, 2nd and 3rd round picks
If sabres want they can turn both Romanov and Cole into more picks by taking on cap dumps with sweetners attached

Habs get: Eichel, and 2nd or prospect ( to replace one of Romanov/Cole in future).

I think it is a solid trade for both teams:

If Sabres are looking for; three 1st rounders (either in picks or prospects) for Eichel that is just too much IMO for only 5 years of Eichel (or potentially 4 years if Eichel has a neck surgery).

Sabres gotta get real and not live in a freakin' fantasy land.

Giving them Cole + 1st is already 2x 1st rounders. Adding Romanov + 3rd is quite close to 3x 1st rounders. You would have to also add a cap dump (Drouin)

I know Habs would like to have Eichel but from my understanding, Cole and Suzuki are non-starters. Guess Sabres need to look at other dancing partners..

Reactions: Be a Hab

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I get the impression that Fiala being a main piece in the deal is going to be a problem for Buffalo even if it's a necessity for Minnesota. It looks like Adams is steering the ship headlong into the rebuild storm, and that's going to be a problem if he wants to get Fiala signed to any sort of term.

The alternative would be to flip Fiala to a team looking for a young scoring forward, like LA or New Jersey, but we've already seen that the market for RFA wingers seeking substantial money is pretty bad right now. Look at what the Sabres got for Reinhart and figure that Fiala's worth around the same thing, especially if the team trading him won't accept cap coming back the other way. Minnesota can't take that cap and Buffalo seems unwilling to do so.

I guess we'll see what Adams ends up conceding on, but it doesn't look like his priorities align very well with what Minnesota's able to do.
Adams absolutely needs to take salary back and they will barely be at the cap floor. Sabres also need some actual NHL bodies in the lineup. As you say, flip Fiala at the deadline if need be.

Reactions: rynryn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Eichel to anyone for anything.

The neck surgery is what is causing the delay in this trade being completed.

If he were healthy he'd already been traded.

Combo of price and uncertainty = No one giving in to the price Buffalo is looking for.

If that Minny deal above was really offered to Buffalo, Eichel would be a Wild... unless Buff asked for more in which case good luck.

Let's not forget with a 10 mill cap hit Buffalo also needs to take back some salary. A package of prospects and picks only severely decreases your suitors.

I offer KK + Drouin + Norlinder + 2022 2nd and 2023 1st.

The 1st is for 2023 because the Habs will host the draft in 2022 and also there's a good chance Eichel misses a big chunk of the 2021 season due to the surgery.

If that's a no go or you find a better deal elsewhere, so be it.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Adams absolutely needs to take salary back and they will barely be at the cap floor. Sabres also need some actual NHL bodies in the lineup. As you say, flip Fiala at the deadline if need be.

I remember Tim Murray's response to cap floor worries. Oh no, I need to overpay for garbage on 1-year deals? Done. Taking back salary is never a need.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

As long as I could find a home for Fiala for another 1st, prospect, and maybe an overpaid reclamation project, Id do that if I was Buffalo's GM.

Re-sign Rask to a short term deal to try to rebuild his value + the reclamation project. Then youd have two 1sts, and you have 2/3rds of a future top line between Quinn and Rossi.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I guess it'd really come down to what could be worked out with that 3rd team then, and what sort of cap Adams is willing to take back. If it doesn't come from Fiala it'll have to come from something.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Eichel to anyone for anything.

The neck surgery is what is causing the delay in this trade being completed.

If he were healthy he'd already been traded.

Combo of price and uncertainty = No one giving in to the price Buffalo is looking for.

If that Minny deal above was really offered to Buffalo, Eichel would be a Wild... unless Buff asked for more in which case good luck.

Let's not forget with a 10 mill cap hit Buffalo also needs to take back some salary. A package of prospects and picks only severely decreases your suitors.

The 1st is for 2023 because the Habs will host the draft in 2022 and also there's a good chance Eichel misses a big chunk of the 2021 season due to tje surgery.
I agree except I think any first round pick will be conditional on Jack’s health a

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

It may end up being that. ROR went for pure garbage. In fact, the rumor at the time was the Habs might trade the KK pick for him. So this would close that loop.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
It may end up being that. ROR went for pure garbage. In fact, the rumor at the time was the Habs might trade the KK pick for him. So this would close that loop.
Exactly. Suzuki isn't being traded.
Evans amd or Poehling isnt enough.
KK is the centerpiece here.
He's the main prospect that makes sense here.
20 year old, big boy, tonnes of potential. Add a 45 to 55 point winger.
An A prospect and 2 high picks and I feel it's enough.

Reactions: strongcomp05

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I find it funny to read the name Zachary Jones in the exchange offers (NYR-BUF).
The funniest thing to read is now.
Zachary Jones – LD.

BUF( LD):
Rasmus Dahlin
Mattias Samuelsson
Ryan Johnson

The situation changed a few days ago.
One little-known player (LD) came in - Owen Power.

Some Rangers fans need more realism.
Before the sentence in the subject “Jack Eichel”, you need to read the mantra three times:

"Pavel Buchnevich - 9OA, Pavel Buchnevich - 8OA, Pavel Buchnevich - 5OA".
This mantra helps to return to reality. :thumbu:

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad