Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
No, he's 100% doing the right thing holding onto him until he gets his pound of flesh. Eichel's under contract for 5 more years.

So if he doesn't get his pound of flesh you want him as a captain who *potentially* doesn't want to be there around his teammates? Especially the younger ones?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Jack Eichel can kick rocks. Entitled baby.

Jack Eichel plays for Buffalo Sabres a poorly managed team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2011 and hasn't won a Cup in 50+ years as a franchise. He needs surgery and his team doesn't want him to get the surgery he wants.

Totally understandable if he isn't happy with Buffalo. If I was him I would want to leave and be part of a different franchise and so would most people.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
No one like hits the market. ever. I dont care what Peter Fish wants, they hold zero leverage. If the return of 4 solid pieces isnt there he can sit his ass at home. They can stink with out without his ass until hes ready to show up and fulfill his contract.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It doesn’t make sense to not trade a superstar for less than value?
It doesn't make sense that people think the value is going to rise enough to make keeping him around make sense. He doesn't want to be there, how's that's going to work? Strip him of the C next?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Let him sit on a couch and cry for five years. He’s not getting moved for shit like Drury is offering
At some point the value of having this over is going to be part of any trade. I don't think eichel is going to bring back scraps, or should, but "maximizing" the return has to at some point coincide with properly orienting the franchise for the future. That doesn't happen until he's gone, it's like a dark cloud following them around.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'm at the point where I hope they put him on IR for the next few years for his mysterious neck injury that no one knows anything about.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Eichel
Suzuki
Kotakniemi
Evans

With Caufield on either Eichel or Suzuki's wing

To start next year in Montreal

(plz)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You all DO realize gracefully asking for a trade after years of losing was never off the table in Eichel's camp right?

Given how fed up Sabre fans are of the losing surely many would've understood if he had. Transparency goes a long way to reminding others that athletes are people too and sometimes people need to move on. It hurts like a bitch but time heals all. But unless this guy's injury is so unique or potentially career threatening that it requires a surgery not yet performed on an NHL player, this is nothing more than using an optional surgery method to leverage a trade he could've just asked for on his own accord.

I expected more out of a player I respected so much for putting up with so much. After whatever the hell this is I might as well accept that "Eichel is the GM" might as well have been a real thing.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Hard to see a deal that the ducks could make at this point, as it seems unlikely/unprecedented to trade Mctavish with weeks of drafting him. Zegras ain’t getting moved, he’s the future. Drysdale can’t be moved now, or we likely would have gone D in the draft. Best I can think would be:

2022 1st (top 5 protected) or Mctavish, comtois, Perrault, dostal

Reactions: Static

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You are kind of wrong here.

As per 34.3 of the CBA, players agree that their medical records are not private. I refer you to 34.3 (c) (iii). Also, I refer you to 34.3 (c) (v): Should the Club contemplate an assignment of a Player's SPC to another Club(s), the Club's Club Personnel may furnish all of such Player's Medical Information to the contemplated assignee Club(s)' Club Personnel, including, without limitation, via the AHMS; provided, however, that should the assignment not occur, such information shall be returned or destroyed promptly if in hard copy and/or any access via the AHMS shall be revoked promptly.

Of course BUF has the option to share or not to share, but Eichel (if you read the whole section 34.3) and all players as per the CBA give up the "privacy" that other people are privileged to have. The different subsections talk about some of the occasions and reasons for this. Other teams did share medical records ith other teams this very offseason before deals were agreed to. Buffalo is choosing to act differently. You can't possibly believe it is because they are doing Jack a favor here. Now what is interesting is that the very language here says "contemplate" assignment. Not "agree to a trade" or "have a 'serious offer'". If they just "contemplate" an offer they can share. They are choosing not to do so.

That's absolutely their choice, but it would be incredibly naive to think that other teams wouldn't be turned off by that.

Obviously the club has that option but it doesn't change the fact that it's in poor taste to just open it up to everyone. There is no reason to. I'm not talking legally when I say they're private.. im talking personally.
Other clubs don't have to like it..they may be turned off by it. But it's exactly the route I would take if I were KA.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Maybe he can do light work but needs an op to stabilize his issue if he wants to play heavy contact sports.

Yes maybe.. but I can't imagine they let him on the ice if it there was a serious issue

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
As a packers fan, I sympathize with Sabres fans - there are no good options here. It’s so easy to say “don’t trade him, he can play for us or sit at home!”, but at the end of the day that’s not best for the franchise.

having a malcontent superstar in your locker room is a franchise killer. Having your most valuable asset not playing for you, providing no value, any inarguably declining in value makes no sense either. It sucks when your best player doesn’t want to play for you, but as we have seen time and time again, as a franchise you have to put your ego aside and move the player for the best of the team.

Reactions: CLW

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
LOL, absolutely not. Nope. Nada.

I like Eichel a lot, but Ottawa has neither the budget, the assets, or timeframe to accommodate a trade for him. Plus he's within the division.

I know it’s within the division. I personally don’t care about that, or in conference. I only care about the best return.

And in that return, even if he’d be useful, White is the cap dump portion.

Sabsfan

Feb 26, 2016
Homeboy on video lifting big ass tires and looking jacked the neck stuff was bs and the doctors said it was bs . I would farther sit him for 5 yrs fuk that guy

Reactions: EichHart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad