Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Then thats on the grocery store, doesn't mean they have to give in to demands.

In this context, it seems like a lot of clients have offered in the range of $2.75 to $3.10 on your butter. If you’re holding firm on your $3.50, you’re gambling and it might turns out uglier than it should have been

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He can ask to get out all he wants, hes on contract for another 5 years, his nmc doesnt hit til next year, his bonus doesnt hit til next year. I remember you saying its best for Buffalo to keep him and we all agree so why are you still here playing "im just guessing here on the situation which I have no real clue to what is happening" when as a Kings fan you want nothing to do with Eichel and we don't want anything to do with your cast offs.
The bonus + no trade clause are pretty cost damaging things. Play hardball sure but don’t be angry if he isn’t moved… and when he finally is the value is even lower cause you waited to long

there are packages to be had without a teams best assets, that still helps Buffalo and gets the black cloud out of the franchise… but hey maybe eichel can rub off on the next generation of Sabres too, that would be wonderful for the franchise

and I’m a ducks fan not a kings fan

Reactions: bernmeister

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
No, for the love of all that is holy, for the last time...

IMMEDIATELY capitulate on HIS CHOICE of surgery
do the right thing.

then you take it from there.

This is not experimental surgery never done before.
It is over 2 decades history, just no track record for a hockey player.

Do that
hope for the best
THEN
when his form hopefully returns
and there is a reasonable basis not to expect a medical issue
and there is a basis to anticipate if not see good production

THEN
the market will reward you and offers will go up commensurately.

Not so much NYR, in fact not at all, b'c until we move Trouba we do not have the luxury of adding another 10m in long term structural cap.

-------------
Given we have Schneider as Trouba's replacement
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
something were worked out where we sent
Trouba + to TB for Stamkos +
and then flipped
Stamkos + for Eichel + [which assumes Eich w/no issues which is not case atm]

something like that could work, maybe
however,
1. we are not sending out any bluest blue chip elcs
period
don't even think of going there.

2. While my understanding is Trouba + wife are citizens of state of FL, which could be worked out, he currently wants NYC b'c his wife is doing a residency here somewhere.
That overrides, JT not gonna waive.
After residency, maybe
but now
no, don't think he'd even consider metro area NJD or the Isles.

----------
Do the right thing
let Jack get his surgery, regardless of who pays for it

then take it from there

if you listen to me you can have a tradeable asset OF VALUE in possibly 6-9 months.
With luck, before.

Or continue not to listen to me
and takes yer chances.
I want nothing to do with the Rangers at all, I hope Eichel never wears a Rangers jersey so we both agree its not a good fit.

Goodbye.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Kuznetsov, Dvorak, Couture, Domi, Strome (x2), Johansen, Duchene etc… lots of options that are rumored to be available this summer
You're gonna have to trade for all of them for assets that are too good for Eichel.

I can't see how you can manage to do that since you and others keep yelling at the clouds how untouchable your entire prospect and roster pool is.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Since when does teams inquiring to buy Eichel dictate the price? We set the price, you either take it or move on.

Do you go into your grocery store and argue with the clerk over the price of butter, yelling you wont pay the $3.50 which is the asking price for it because you are buying and you think you can dictate the price? Store manager would come out and tell you to take your $1.50 and walk.

You as seller can set the price but the ultimate consumer makes the final decision which impacts what will be paid for the commodity sold.

This is basic economics, marketing, finance.

Nice analogy. Now what happens when the grocery store only has 31 villagers they can serve and only a selected few wants the butter but doesn’t want to pay the asking price? They go on and purchase something else with their $1.50 and now the grocery store is stuck with a $3.50 butter and no one to sell it to and the clock is running faster and faster on the expiry date

better analogy^

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The bonus + no trade clause are pretty cost damaging things. Play hardball sure but don’t be angry if he isn’t moved… and when he finally is the value is even lower cause you waited to long

there are packages to be had without a teams best assets, that still helps Buffalo and gets the black cloud out of the franchise… but hey maybe eichel can rub off on the next generation of Sabres too, that would be wonderful for the franchise

and I’m a ducks fan not a kings fan
Im not worried about Eichel rubbing off, the kids (Dahlin, Cozens and Mittlestadt) have always been a crew somewhat within the organization. Dahlin and Mittlestadt live together. They want to be the faces of the franchise and are chomping at the bit to do that. Eichel will play like a pro I have no doubt about that.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
On that it is not a good fit, we agree.

Don't shoot the messenger for answering your ? and speaking the truth.
I'm not going to lie I didn't even read your message because I've already read enough of your posts earlier in the previous mega threads where the post is probably saying the same thing "Eichels injury blah blah".

Reactions: Just Linda

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'm not going to lie I didn't even read your message because I've already read enough of your posts earlier in the previous mega threads where the post is probably saying the same thing "Eichels injury blah blah".[/QUOTE]
/QUOTE]

You have to understand that stance from other posters though. You just not being considerate if not. Lets be realistic here. GMs are weary about that

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Everything ive read here makes me feel like:

Sabres fans want a huge offer back for Eichel. Which I completely understand. But for you fans to take away I think you should consider other fans teams situation and how it may not make sense to add 10m +++ top prospects to the offer. Especially with Eichel in his current state not proving a reason to give that.

Now for other fans. Eichel has been a franchise C. I have absolutely no clue on his medical status rn. He can be a potato or Mcdavid for all I know in the future. Lets assume he will recover close to before injury. So let us consider what Sabres fans know of their player. Hes easily a top 10 C when healthy, and they don't want him to go for anything light. Which we should understand. However I think we need to see production after injury to make him worth the Sabres fans ask. But lets understand where they are coming from.

As ive preached in this thread today. Lets wait until the 2022 draft. Lets see a season of progress and points tallied. I truly hope Sabres can fix their problem with him. But if not we have much more of a clear stance on Eichel's state and we can reevaluate from there. If he does progress to a normal rate I definitely think Sabres fans asks can be accepted.

Lets keep staying civil here. Obv we will disagree with one another but to both fanbases, lets try and understand both fanbases POV.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Friedman:

Busy week ahead. Quickie blog:
Buffalo GM Kevyn Adams raised eyebrows Saturday night when he said he “would have no problem at all if Jack Eichel is on our team when we start training camp.”
Out of curiosity, I reached out to Jack Eichel’s reps about that possibility.
Our expectation is that Jack is going to be traded in the near future, and all of our discussions have been centred around that issue,” came a dual response from Peter Fish and Peter Donatelli.

They wouldn’t comment further about Eichel’s status. He’s skating, but it’s believed he will still need surgery — although the Sabres haven’t approved his preferred choice, a disc replacement.

Adams moved Sam Reinhart (to Florida) and Rasmus Ristolainen (to Philadelphia) and maintains he will do the same with the captain once it makes sense for Buffalo. The hardest thing to handicap is who is in and who is out as a trade partner, because some teams back away at times, only to re-engage at a later point.
My guesses right now are some combination of Anaheim, Calgary, Minnesota and others I’m probably missing. Teammate Eric Engels reported Sunday he doesn’t think it will be Montreal. From what I’ve heard, the Canadiens have engaged, but not anywhere near a point Buffalo would say yes. The Rangers and Sabres have not been close in their conversations.
You’d think this would be a big week, because, once free agency begins, other clubs would go elsewhere if they make a move for Eichel.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Adams seems hellbent on his asking price. I think this drags on until Eichel prove that asking price. That would be sometime during the tdl at minimum or draft at latest.

Really curious if ill be wrong here. But I just feel Asif this best scenario for everyone
If he isn't moved Wednesday or Thursday than it will seem more likely he will be staying put but I just struggle to see that. They can't keep him w the captain c on his sweater after all of this, and then how much more of a circus does this become at camp and in season? I really feel bad for buffalo fans, so much drama

Reactions: Grover

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If he isn't moved Wednesday or Thursday than it will seem more likely he will be staying put but I just struggle to see that. They can't keep him w the captain c on his sweater after all of this, and then how much more of a circus does this become at camp and in season? I really feel bad for buffalo fans

what do you think the last decade has been? We don’t care if it’s a circus for another year. It’s the only entertainment value.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If he isn't moved Wednesday or Thursday than it will seem more likely he will be staying put but I just struggle to see that. They can't keep him w the captain c on his sweater after all of this, and then how much more of a circus does this become at camp and in season? I really feel bad for buffalo fans, so much drama
Buffalo just got bent over and taken to the wood chipper like that funny looking guy in Fargo with the reinhart deal. Sabres gotta be very patient with jack and get the best possible deal.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Only defense I have for this is that Eichel has a problem with management. Not playing hockey or his teammates. So maybe it will be ok for the next year. Just trying to be the devils' advocate here.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Eichel is going to go at a discount, whenever he does get traded.

1) He has health issues. You won't ever get full value if you sell a car that has a broken engine. The same with trading a hockey player with neck problems.

2) The only reason Buffalo would even trade Eichel would be if both the Sabres and Eichel have come to a mutual agreement that they can't go forward together. This cuts into the return the Sabres will receive, because teams are going to know that Buffalo is somewhat desperate to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad