Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well, according to the actual quote.

“I do believe it’s heating up,” Friedman said of the Eichel trade market. “I believe the Sabres’ preference is to send Eichel west. Some of the eastern teams I’ve spoken to or heard from say they can tell the Sabres aren’t as thrilled with the idea of him being in the same division and/or conference. I think some of the eastern teams believe if they’re going to get him it’s really going to cost them.”

So yeah, they prefer West but if the right offer came from the east they'd take it.
According to a league source, Buffalo owner Terry Pegula wants Eichel to land in the Western Conference. So if the Rangers are actually going to be in this race, the cost will be higher for them, say, than the Wild. It may be astronomical. And that doesn’t even include the $10 million cap hit (or the concerns about his neck injury).

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Let him sit on a couch and cry for five years. He’s not getting moved for shit like Drury is offering

Eichel will PLD himself out once he gets his NMC. Buffalo can't let the Eichel situation destroy the franchise, just trade him and move on and stop with the silliness.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Reactions: wunderpanda

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Why did he sign a 8 year contract if he didn’t want to be here. Not much has changed since he signed it.
He was under the impression the team was actually going to try and build a winner around him. They added Skinner and Okposo. Both are garbage. Hall was junk in his time there. He’s blowing his career there, unfortunately. I’d hate to be Dahlin or anyone else inbound unless all of their recent draft picks come together and reach their full potential. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to sign there as a free agent unless they paid me more than any other club by a country mile. See Skinner. The organization is a world class dumpster fire.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Eichel will PLD himself out once he gets his NMC. Buffalo can't let the Eichel situation destroy the franchise, just trade him and move on and stop with the silliness.
Why do you care so much if you're not a Sabres fan? Even if we rush to move him its not like they will give into the Rangers terrible offers.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Why do you care so much if you're not a Sabres fan? Even if we rush to move him its not like they will give into the Rangers terrible offers.

I don't want Eichel (not a fan). But the Eichel situation is annoying asf. and I like some of the kids on the roster who deserve a proper team.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
Nice analogy. Now what happens when the grocery store only has 31 villagers they can serve and only a selected few wants the butter but doesn’t want to pay the asking price? They go on and purchase something else with their $1.50 and now the grocery store is stuck with a $3.50 butter and no one to sell it to and the clock is running faster and faster on the expiry date

On top of that the butter fell on the floor and a high heel stepped on it and broke it open. The store put it back on the shelf but is still demanding the same price as it was when it was in perfect condition. The store says don't worry about it, our butter will taste as good as it was before, trust us, just ignore the damaged packaging and pay us what we want.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Obviously the club has that option but it doesn't change the fact that it's in poor taste to just open it up to everyone. There is no reason to. I'm not talking legally when I say they're private.. im talking personally.
Other clubs don't have to like it..they may be turned off by it. But it's exactly the route I would take if I were KA.
If the player wants out, and he does, then it's not in poor taste. It's facilitating a deal, which is what BUF, Eichel and the prospective team wants. It's especially important, because as Friedman reported... while Eichel is skating, it's still believed he needs surgery. It's rather hard for teams to give an offer if a pretty important piece of info is missing.

It's ridiculous to say "Give us your best offer for a healthy Eichel and then we'll let you see info and if you don't like it you can opt out." It's simply not the way other teams do business.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No one like hits the market. ever. I dont care what Peter Fish wants, they hold zero leverage. If the return of 4 solid pieces isnt there he can sit his ass at home. They can stink with out without his ass until hes ready to show up and fulfill his contract.
If he had "zero leverage" he wouldn't be on the block at all, so clearly he has some.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If the player wants out, and he does, then it's not in poor taste. It's facilitating a deal, which is what BUF, Eichel and the prospective team wants. It's especially important, because as Friedman reported... while Eichel is skating, it's still believed he needs surgery. It's rather hard for teams to give an offer if a pretty important piece of info is missing.

It's ridiculous to say "Give us your best offer for a healthy Eichel and then we'll let you see info and if you don't like it you can opt out." It's simply not the way other teams do business.

It's not ridiculous at all. Adams knows what he is looking for so there is no reason to divulge information if a team isn't serious. The expectation is a team will only trade for him if prognosis is good. So make an offer with that understanding..then you and your Doctors take a look at records to see if you agree or disagree with that assessment.
Seems pretty straight forward to me.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It doesn't make sense that people think the value is going to rise enough to make keeping him around make sense. He doesn't want to be there, how's that's going to work? Strip him of the C next?

Duchene and Colorado coexisted uncomfortably together for ~2 years before the Avs got the kind of trade they wanted for him. Eichel can put on his big boy pants and suck it up until the same happens for the Sabres.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Duchene and Colorado coexisted uncomfortably together for ~2 years before the Avs got the kind of trade they wanted for him. Eichel can put on his big boy pants and suck it up until the same happens for the Sabres.
They didn’t get any premium assets in that trade really….

At the time the 1st was supposed to be pretty late
and girard wasn’t considered a top prospect.

the 1st ending up lottery was purely luck, and girard has surpassed everyone’s expectations by a mile.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Chytil
Georgiev
Jones
Reunanen
2022 1st
2023 1st

for

Eichel

I don’t think it’s worth it. Geo + Chytil + prospects fine, but the two firsts, bleh.

And since I think it’s a bit to much, it’s probably closer to what Sabres would accept.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
They didn’t get any premium assets in that trade really….

At the time the 1st was supposed to be pretty late
and girard wasn’t considered a top prospect.

the 1st ending up lottery was purely luck, and girard has surpassed everyone’s expectations by a mile.

Duchene also was never anywhere close to the caliber of player Eichel is. The point isn't to get Duchene value for Eichel, it's to hang onto your asset until you get what you want for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad