Here's his attributes if anyone's interested:
l79TzOQ.png

And here's his linemate who I forgot got 200 points aswell:
31hOCId.png

He might break some records too.

Interesting to see where they end up this season
Gergely: 97 goal 208 point pace
Krcal: 102 goal 210 point pace

Is this some sort of Hossa regen? I just Googled his weight to lbs, says 207lbs. How is he putting up 9s so consistently... Can you post your personal tactics for him and unit tactics? And who he all plays with? This has me so curious, I've never had a guy put up consistent 9 seasons without being like 213lbs+ and then to have a guy put up 150+ points in a season I had to have him as all 20s.

Never been able to manage these unrealistic number seasons on my own. What does his buddy Libor have for attributes? I'm super interested :laugh:

Part of me thinks there are certain elements of randomness tied to a person's computer because I never seem to get regens like that. Even regens of superstars, never quite like that. Always some place where they are either a red attribute or they are very small and thus will get bullied around the ice.

Have to check when I get home but I roll 4 lines without overloading the first or anything, then he plays PP1 and 4vs4.

Your team must constantly be on the PP. My best forwards only top 21+ minutes a night if they also play PK. I don't overload the first or increase their shifts.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Is this some sort of Hossa regen? I just Googled his weight to lbs, says 207lbs. How is he putting up 9s so consistently... Can you post your personal tactics for him and unit tactics? And who he all plays with? This has me so curious, I've never had a guy put up consistent 9 seasons without being like 213lbs+ and then to have a guy put up 150+ points in a season I had to have him as all 20s.

Never been able to manage these unrealistic number seasons on my own. What does his buddy Libor have for attributes? I'm super interested :laugh:

Part of me thinks there are certain elements of randomness tied to a person's computer because I never seem to get regens like that. Even regens of superstars, never quite like that. Always some place where they are either a red attribute or they are very small and thus will get bullied around the ice.

Your team must constantly be on the PP. My best forwards only top 21+ minutes a night if they also play PK. I don't overload the first or increase their shifts.

I'll post some more when I have time.

I think Gergely is supposed to be a Hossa regen and I think Krcal could be Jagr regen. They used to be centered by a Kopitar regen but he retired putting up pretty consistent 100+ assists seasons. Now they are centered a young Kazakh, former 1st OA pick, that I traded for (I traded my best D prospect 1-on-1).

For what I remember, I've never used unit tactics, only personal tactics.

I have played almost 50 seasons of this save and probably 200+ all together in my saves. This is the first time I'm getting this type of domination. This save I started with 2 managers. 1 with the Penguins and 1 as unemployed. I worked other guys way into NHL (pretty quickly since his starting reputation was Hall of Fame) And then I have these bugs where some teams (Lightning, Red Wings, Blackhawks) struggled different decades with drafting, signing UFAs or their own RFAs. So I ended up taking control with new GMs and of course getting too attached when I got the franchises to contend again. So now I have multiple GMs that I play with and they're really the only ones who can give my Penguins a run for their money. Each franchise has had some short Dynasties but Pens is the most consistent team and now they're almost unbeatable. You saw my topline wingers and my C is a future star. I also have a really good D pair (both putting up ppg)

I can do a longer post with pics about my Pens team and then another post with my other gems (including Dman who put up 41+41 season and multiple 30+ goal seasons and a Russian winger who has put up consistent 60+ goal seasons with 2-6 PIMs/season)

And of course I'm always happy to share anything I've done and achieved with this awesome game:nod:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'll post some more when I have time.

I think Gergely is supposed to be a Hossa regen and I think Krcal could be Jagr regen. They used to be centered by a Kopitar regen but he retired putting up pretty consistent 100+ assists seasons. Now they are centered a young Kazakh, former 1st OA pick, that I traded for (I traded my best D prospect 1-on-1).

For what I remember, I've never used unit tactics, only personal tactics.

I have played almost 50 seasons of this save and probably 200+ all together in my saves. This is the first time I'm getting this type of domination. This save I started with 2 managers. 1 with the Penguins and 1 as unemployed. I worked other guys way into NHL (pretty quickly since his starting reputation was Hall of Fame) And then I have these bugs where some teams (Lightning, Red Wings, Blackhawks) struggled different decades with drafting, signing UFAs or their own RFAs. So I ended up taking control with new GMs and of course getting too attached when I got the franchises to contend again. So now I have multiple GMs that I play with and they're really the only ones who can give my Penguins a run for their money. Each franchise has had some short Dynasties but Pens is the most consistent team and now they're almost unbeatable. You saw my topline wingers and my C is a future star. I also have a really good D pair (both putting up ppg)

I can do a longer post with pics about my Pens team and then another post with my other gems (including Dman who put up 41+41 season and multiple 30+ goal seasons and a Russian winger who has put up consistent 60+ goal seasons with 2-6 PIMs/season)

And of course I'm always happy to share anything I've done and achieved with this awesome game:nod:

Huh interesting. I always use a combination for both. I set what the unit should be doing but certain players I'll let play their own game to maximize their potential. Still have never gotten those types of numbers naturally though. That's insane.

My Blackhawks file with the original DB is awesome. I've got Todd Paul (Toews) as my first line C, Havlat is still my #1 LW and Trent Hunter is my #1 RW. I've got Maksim Kitsyn, who is 231lbs, as the heir to the LW or RW throne. He's actually turning into such a beast in this file. I might be able to make him have some 150+ point seasons just because of the weight domination.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Personal tactics for Gergely
dqH2YgZ.png

Krcal's attributes
TFAkYMD.png

My young Kazakh center (hopefully I can get his offensive attributes up) Tho 123 assists in 65 games :amazed: He may end up with higher than I've ever had. Also 9.78AVR :amazed::amazed:
jSzNaA8.png

My Dman who leads the league in D points
EOtoE3o.png

My other Dman who's on pace for his career high in points
t4KmKiO.png

My Hasek regen goalie. I'm pretty much dominating each game so he doesn't face too many shots, hence 0.910 SV%.
hiubtXv.png

That's my first line for the Pens.

Then few other interesting players that I've had:

My Russian winger who scores a lot of goals while winning the Lady Byng every year
gubWU54.png

This guy might be my best defensive forward I've ever had. Having a down season cause I'm intesively training him to be a center.
nW3DAnK.png

Then one of the best Dmen I've ever had. Multiple 30+ goal seasons and one 41+ goal season. Didn't wanna sign with me as a 40-year-old, but opted to sign with Coyotes instead and now he's being bashed in the media :(
2MSsNAs.png

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Personal tactics for Gergely
dqH2YgZ.png

Thank you for posting all of this :handclap: You set personal tactics exactly the same as me... one thing got me thinking, maybe it's because you're so far in the future and the AI isn't as good with handling talent and signing the right guys, maybe that's why you can put up such great numbers.

For you or Richie especially, have you ever had guys put up insane numbers at the start of a file, when teams all have great players? I feel like the later the game goes on, the worse the other teams will get with AI for signing full/deep rosters, which would make sense that you'd be able to roast a lot of their lower lines with good players.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
For you or Richie especially, have you ever had guys put up insane numbers at the start of a file, when teams all have great players?

It's been a while since I've done an early file, but if I remember right, I got Crosby up to like 225 points and Ovechkin at like 110g/200p maybe?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It's been a while since I've done an early file, but if I remember right, I got Crosby up to like 225 points and Ovechkin at like 110g/200p maybe?

WTF! Wow. There must be something with tactics that you do that I just don't do right. You don't do the overloading/double shifting either, if I recall correctly. 140+ is the best I've done with Martin Havlat in my Blackhawks default DB file, so far.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
WTF! Wow. There must be something with tactics that you do that I just don't do right. You don't do the overloading/double shifting either, if I recall correctly. 140+ is the best I've done with Martin Havlat in my Blackhawks default DB file, so far.

My Malkin and Crosby each had 199 point seasons (didn't break 200 tho :/) and I think Tavares got 190+ too. Malkin had a 114 goal season too but that's the only time I've gotten 100+ goals (hoping this season will be the second time)

I also had a guy break Gretzkys all-time goal and point records (1100+ goals 2900+ points) and he was one of the early regens. Crosby would've probably broken some records too but he retired at age 36-37 due to injuries.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'll look when I get home. They're still in my records listing, I believe.

My Malkin and Crosby each had 199 point seasons (didn't break 200 tho :/) and I think Tavares got 190+ too. Malkin had a 114 goal season too but that's the only time I've gotten 100+ goals (hoping this season will be the second time)

I also had a guy break Gretzkys all-time goal and point records (1100+ goals 2900+ points) and he was one of the early regens. Crosby would've probably broken some records too but he retired at age 36-37 due to injuries.

I swear, there is something that makes the game different based on if it's a different computer. I will see a lot of 100+ scorers but most top out around 120 if they have a REALLY good season. Never been able to do this naturally.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I swear, there is something that makes the game different based on if it's a different computer. I will see a lot of 100+ scorers but most top out around 120 if they have a REALLY good season. Never been able to do this naturally.

Lets see... I got Crosby to 88g 227p and Ovechkin to 116g 191p.

One record I haven't been able to break is Gretzky's 47 playoff points. Just finished a playoff and had a guy get 44 points, which is pretty close. Had a couple 45s, I think.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki

One record I haven't been able to break is Gretzky's 47 playoff points. Just finished a playoff and had a guy get 44 points, which is pretty close. Had a couple 45s, I think.

I have a gut feeling I broke 50p when things were more even. Hard to do it now when my finalists play 16-20 games.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I have a gut feeling I broke 50p when things were more even. Hard to do it now when my finalists play 16-20 games.

Insane. I think I've had my perfect player break that but never a regular player. To be honest, I've never watched closely for the 47 playoff points, I'll keep an eye out for that now.

I don't get what differs so much between my guys and yours to where yours put up 200+ points and mine top out around 100-120 for the most part. Do you guys find coaching staff makes a difference? Practices? I generally will make different schedules then get lazy and keep them all on off-season the whole time :laugh:

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Do you guys find coaching staff makes a difference? Practices? I generally will make different schedules then get lazy and keep them all on off-season the whole time :laugh:

I have a pretty solid coaching staff. 1-2 with star and rest with superb reputation. With practices I'm pretty lazy. I go with intensive during offseason and general during the season.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Finally had time to finish my regular season. These are the final statistics my guys got:
ORxLlzh.png

So I finally got another one with 100+ goals. I was a bit worried since after he scored his 99th goal Krcal went on a 3 game streak with no goals.

Gergely missed 4 games so he was 10 goals short of 100 and 6 points short of 200. I think he would've at least gotten the 200 points.

My new center Polski was really surprising. I made my new record in single season assists with 146 which isn't really the surprising feature since his wingers combined for 192 goals. But he put up a whooping 9.72 AVR :amazed:

Also had my whole top 6 score over 100 points which is nice and I made a new season record in tem goals scored.

My Dmen finished 1st and 2nd respectively in D scoring. Poulin cooled off a little bit in the last quarter of the season but was able to put up one point more than Allen in the final game of the season.

Now on to the playoffs and to chase Gretzkys playoff point record (My record is 43 points with these guys, tho they play max 20 games)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Finally had time to finish my regular season. These are the final statistics my guys got:
ORxLlzh.png

So I finally got another one with 100+ goals. I was a bit worried since after he scored his 99th goal Krcal went on a 3 game streak with no goals.

Gergely missed 4 games so he was 10 goals short of 100 and 6 points short of 200. I think he would've at least gotten the 200 points.

My new center Polski was really surprising. I made my new record in single season assists with 146 which isn't really the surprising feature since his wingers combined for 192 goals. But he put up a whooping 9.72 AVR :amazed:

Also had my whole top 6 score over 100 points which is nice and I made a new season record in tem goals scored.

My Dmen finished 1st and 2nd respectively in D scoring. Poulin cooled off a little bit in the last quarter of the season but was able to put up one point more than Allen in the final game of the season.

Now on to the playoffs and to chase Gretzkys playoff point record (My record is 43 points with these guys, tho they play max 20 games)

Can you post your other top line (including defense) tactics? And can you show the unit tactics? I have no idea how they're putting up those sorts of numbers and ratings. Usually I can only get a guy to have consistent 9 ratings is if he's like 210lbs+ plus very skilled and all out offensive tactics.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Can you post your other top line (including defense) tactics? And can you show the unit tactics? I have no idea how they're putting up those sorts of numbers and ratings. Usually I can only get a guy to have consistent 9 ratings is if he's like 210lbs+ plus very skilled and all out offensive tactics.

My last top 2 centers just retired so I'm lacking some skill there right now. My wingers on the other hand have great top end talent and lots of depth. My D has always been great and balanced.

Anyways here's my 2nd line:
hyAzk89.jpg

62ayB7G.jpg

oHYVlqZ.jpg

hKh48jS.jpg

dLpBXSO.jpg

And like I said, I don't use other than personal tactics:
T35EgVd.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad