EHM 07 - Part 11: "Wants a new challenge"

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Sorry this is such a late reply haha I don't monitor this thread like I used to.

To my EHM07 players, does the coach 'help' players achieve getting 150+ points?

I've always had a coach with 18-20's in coaching defense + forwards, and motivation, but does tactical knoweldge 'actually' come into play?

and also, how do you get to have player jerseys as the player icon like in this post? :

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

I think a coach will help in terms of how they deploy players. I think the coaching forwards/defense is more about training/practice and raising attributes but for sure a good coach will get more out of players, especially ones that contribute to their preferred style of play.

In regards to the jerseys, that's just the image they've uploaded into the folder that corresponds to the player. I forget the format but in the images folder there should be a players one and it'll be something like birthdate_name and if you name your image that, it will link to the player.

This is a long shot lol, but are there people who still play EHM 2005? Never played, but wanted to know if there were any gameplay differences vs 07

I've never played 05 but if I remember it's a LOT different.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
One of my top goalie prospects has gone AWOL. Any way to recall him using assistant?

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
I believe like the 2014/2015 DB is probably the last one they did under TBL. I think I have it but I have always used my own custom DB that I branched off of the Unfaking DB. Added a bunch of players over the years :laugh:
Would love to try out your custom one as well if you're open to giving it out.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Anybody got any EHM 07 or 05 saves going? I'm about to load up 07 again. I dunno it just feels complete and EHM Steam still doesn't yet

Reactions: Tachycineta
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Anybody got any EHM 07 or 05 saves going? I'm about to load up 07 again. I dunno it just feels complete and EHM Steam still doesn't yet

I have a continuous save from 2012 that I ported over to my new laptop from my old workstation. I think I’m in 2060 or something

Plus, IIRC, Riz is the only one working on EHM 1 now. He must’ve had a whole staff working on the 07 version, but now it’s all on him (which is a shame). Miles J (head of SI) even came out and said that the game just isn’t ‘popular’ and no resources are given to expand on the project.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I have a continuous save from 2012 that I ported over to my new laptop from my old workstation. I think I’m in 2060 or something

Plus, IIRC, Riz is the only one working on EHM 1 now. He must’ve had a whole staff working on the 07 version, but now it’s all on him (which is a shame). Miles J (head of SI) even came out and said that the game just isn’t ‘popular’ and no resources are given to expand on the project.
Hows the save? Who are you and has anything out of the ordinary happened at say, World Champs or Olympics?

On my most memorable save, Frolunda basically became the most dominate team. I think they would have even won the Stanley Cup if they were allowed!

Kovalchuk was let go by Atlanta at some point and I managed to get him at Khimik in the Russian league (they got promoted and gave me the job) I managed to secure him for 3 seasons and he absolutely dominated the league!

As for Riz, I am forever grateful he brought us EHM, and I understand he's a one-man show now for EHM 1 which is a great shame. SI/Miles are morons though.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Hows the save? Who are you and has anything out of the ordinary happened at say, World Champs or Olympics?

On my most memorable save, Frolunda basically became the most dominate team. I think they would have even won the Stanley Cup if they were allowed!

Kovalchuk was let go by Atlanta at some point and I managed to get him at Khimik in the Russian league (they got promoted and gave me the job) I managed to secure him for 3 seasons and he absolutely dominated the league!

As for Riz, I am forever grateful he brought us EHM, and I understand he's a one-man show now for EHM 1 which is a great shame. SI/Miles are morons though.

Let me preface by saying this first: I wish I bought the game legitimately back when it was released in 06/07. My copy is a pirated version a family member gave to me through file sharing means. My salary cap is somehow locked at 1 BILLION lol.

I was actually looking over the save today, (I don’t know if it was hard coded into the game), but the World Cup of hockey is actually set every four years similar to the Olympics.

Some of my playing stories I remember while looking over it lol. I drafted a South Korean in the first round who ended up being a key player for my Anaheim team. My first ever ‘fake’ player I ever drafted became a team legend and ended up retiring and being one of my scouts.

This story was such a personal achievement to me. For some reason, I always wanted to sign Stanislav Chistov and Alex Svitov. Svitov was the perfect third line checking center - high defensive attributes, high checking, aggression, etc. The problem was he never wanted to come over - even with a max salary contract. One day I decided to give him a max signing bonus with other contract bonuses and he finally ended up coming over. Chistov was my favorite prospect growing up and I was able to snag him too after a long while of negotiations.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Let me preface by saying this first: I wish I bought the game legitimately back when it was released in 06/07. My copy is a pirated version a family member gave to me through file sharing means. My salary cap is somehow locked at 1 BILLION lol.

I was actually looking over the save today, (I don’t know if it was hard coded into the game), but the World Cup of hockey is actually set every four years similar to the Olympics.

Some of my playing stories I remember while looking over it lol. I drafted a South Korean in the first round who ended up being a key player for my Anaheim team. My first ever ‘fake’ player I ever drafted became a team legend and ended up retiring and being one of my scouts.

This story was such a personal achievement to me. For some reason, I always wanted to sign Stanislav Chistov and Alex Svitov. Svitov was the perfect third line checking center - high defensive attributes, high checking, aggression, etc. The problem was he never wanted to come over - even with a max salary contract. One day I decided to give him a max signing bonus with other contract bonuses and he finally ended up coming over. Chistov was my favorite prospect growing up and I was able to snag him too after a long while of negotiations.

I have things like that in the game too. It keeps it fun and interesting, I find, the little stories that develop naturally while playing through the years.

My first team I started with had a Serbian player, he was decent, but I kept him just because you don't find many Serbians. He ended up getting called up to Serbia, I became his favourite personnel, and he turned into a team legend too!

As for the 1 billion salary cap (which is a really interesting bug/error/whatever!) if you do want to play the game without it there is a way to do so, its probably not 'right' but I can explain via PM if you ever wish to lower the salary cap :D

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have things like that in the game too. It keeps it fun and interesting, I find, the little stories that develop naturally while playing through the years.

My first team I started with had a Serbian player, he was decent, but I kept him just because you don't find many Serbians. He ended up getting called up to Serbia, I became his favourite personnel, and he turned into a team legend too!

As for the 1 billion salary cap (which is a really interesting bug/error/whatever!) if you do want to play the game without it there is a way to do so, its probably not 'right' but I can explain via PM if you ever wish to lower the salary cap :D

Yes! I love the little stories as players retire and become staff - although not good ones at times lol.

I have some more stories of the top of my head, I remember drafting a really good playmaking winger and signing him the same draft year. I somehow forgot that I also signed a ton of players over the season so my reserve list ended up going over the set amount. Long story short, my assistant GM placed by junior forward on waivers and I could never get him back :laugh:

I must have Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy as my starter and back up. I drafted one after the other (I think), and I’ve alternated their starts so they each get an equal amount :laugh:. I have had the Sergei Fedorov regen on two separate occasions. The only way I know this is because he has a position of C/RW/RD and is Russian lol.

The problem with Svitov (much like other older Euros), they never want to come over if they are 30+ years old. I was glad to get him when I did!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I asked about this in the EHM1 thread, but I figure I would ask here too:

For the players that have simmed far, far into the future is the game still 'stable'? or does it start to bug out in any way? I'm trying to reach 100 years in my default save lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad