EHM 07 - Part 11: "Wants a new challenge"

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Quick question:

I've left majority of my practices to my coach. I'm finding that my skaters are majorly decreasing in skating categories.

Any suggestions on how to change this?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Can players like Gretzky regen? How would they even appear? I've never seen anything remotely close to him but I've seen stats to back that kind of stuff up, but are those just borked saves?

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006
Can players like Gretzky regen? How would they even appear? I've never seen anything remotely close to him but I've seen stats to back that kind of stuff up, but are those just borked saves?

I know if the old EHM I would just create guys like Gretzky or Lemieux and set them so they retired quickly and that's how I got their regen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

He would need to retire at game start. Some DB do have that, some don't. TBL roster removed those game start retirement a while ago.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Can players like Gretzky regen?

Every player that retires regens. If Gretzky is in your database, when he retires, he will regen. The game doesn't make up players or cull players from eras that don't exist in the game. Players that retire become regens. That's it.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

There is very small possibility, that the game itself will generate Superstar like Wayne or Mario.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
There is very small possibility, that the game itself will generate Superstar like Wayne or Mario.

That's cool. Never happened to me out of the hundreds of years passed.

The highest AVR usually ends up being Kopitar and Joe Thornton regens. Highest point totalt I've seen is in the 140-160 range by real Ovechkin but that season was just a one time thing funnily enough, a bit like the 2005-2006 season compared to the closest season before and after.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Every player that retires regens. If Gretzky is in your database, when he retires, he will regen. The game doesn't make up players or cull players from eras that don't exist in the game. Players that retire become regens. That's it.

Oh I see. So Gretzky has to be there as staff pretty much? Unless of course you play retro mode or something (never tried that btw).

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

The highest AVR usually ends up being Kopitar and Joe Thornton regens. Highest point totalt I've seen is in the 140-160 range by real Ovechkin but that season was just a one time thing funnily enough, a bit like the 2005-2006 season compared to the closest season before and after.

I had also such season maximum. But i saw some pictures with players about 100 golas , 200 points. And it was me said, the were generated. Not edited by some editor.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I can vouch that Anze Kopitar will always put up 9.00 AVR. It's insane. In my current Islanders file with the UUDB, he put up a 9.00 rating in his rookie season. It's his skill/size that just makes him perfect.

I had one season with a created perfect player (all 20s on everything) where he did the 10.00 AVR. It was shweet. It wasn't even his highest point total year if I recall correctly. One year he had 265 points I think.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember having an Italian player go 1st overall in the Import Draft, then go 1st overall in the NHL draft. It was like in my 2016 save. I'm in 2050 now, and have yet to "duplicate" that regen. How does it work again? I used to have South Koreans and Croatians ranked highly in my Import and NHL drafts when I first started the game way back. Now, it seems as though they don't pop up.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I'd like request 2 things that hopefully someone knows where to find:

1) The jersey's with the name and number that shows where pictures would be. I've seen some screenshots in this thread with those. Looks pretty sick.

2) Up to date (2014-2015) logos (huge, large, medium, and small logos)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
So I've gotten back into this again. This game really is my true love of video games. Only Pokemon Blue, Diablo II and Destiny have ever held my attention this long (and Destiny has only been a year) and EHM07 is second only to Diablo II, which I remember playing off and on during junior high and high school but this is coming close to eclipsing it.

In my main file that I started in December 2011 in real life, I'm in the year 2046. I was with the Wheat Kings for 4 years, then Habs for 20+ years before leaving for Quebec, MODO and now back in the NHL with the Lightning. I think I've been there about 7 years or so. Won back to back Cups then a finals appearance the year after.

When I came in, they had just drafted this defenseman first overall who's like 230lbs and is an absolute beast, the regen of the perfect player I originally entered into the game as an experiment, as well as the year before they drafted some 236lb center who's phenomenal (getting him to average around 150 points a year with 19 minutes of ice time). I also got the regen of Chara and is putting up a 9.0 rating in his rookie season :laugh:

I think when I move teams again, I want to run a defensive style team and only take players who are 220+ if I can. Exploiting the weight glitch can be fun.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
This still cracks me up! :laugh:

TOmVERs.png

I guess my Stanley Cup winning team isn't good enough for you, eh? Enjoy your life long supply of toothpaste.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This still cracks me up! :laugh:

TOmVERs.png

I guess my Stanley Cup winning team isn't good enough for you, eh? Enjoy your life long supply of toothpaste.

Colgate?... COLGATE? :laugh:

Wow. I started a file with the default DB and took the Blackhawks to back to back Cups, then a finals loss against the Panthers when Khabibulin went down, then back to the finals against the Panthers to win my 3rd Cup with the team. I didn't even make a bunch of cheap trades or anything... I've never won the Cup in the first year before, it stunned me.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Is there any way to make players continue beyond 40-41. It seems like it's a default to stop accepting contracts at 41 and then just wait most of the next season out and then retire.

Some previous saves I had years back, a handful of players played till 42 and a player or two played until 43.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
uGyFgWP.jpg

It's always nice to return from Olympics break to play 5 games straight :help:

I've been meaning to switch over to the new EHM but I started this a while ago and still stuck with this. Can't just leave my players.

Maybe after I get this guy to break all the records
hFERkik.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad