EHM 07 - Part 11: "Wants a new challenge"

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
How do you guys help players improve their speed or acceleration? Especially for players you draft who have sometimes quite bad skating. I drafted a player in my last play (havent played few months now tbh) but he had bad skating (both under 10), but his potential was around 150 or 160. Was only using my own picks in that save and no trades so was excited to get a player like that in one of early drafts that are usually horrible since there are no regens yet. Picked him around 15-20th spot hoping he'd be a a good pick but i couldn't improve his skating at all even by 1 point. Same with a defenceman (Alex Grant in 2007 draft) couldn't get him to improve speed or acceleration by even 1 point no matter what kind of training and coaches i tried. Any advice on this?

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Playoffs done. Couldn't quite break Gretzkys 47 point mark.

It's harder than it seems like it should be!

I just finished up a season. I'm gonna tweak things a little bit for the next. Get my first line's TOI up a couple mins a game and see what kind of damage I can do. My first line is between 20-21 mins a game. Your first line dominates and then you have quite a drop off to the second line (who still fill the net pretty darn well regardless).

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
My last top 2 centers just retired so I'm lacking some skill there right now. My wingers on the other hand have great top end talent and lots of depth. My D has always been great and balanced.

Anyways here's my 2nd line:
hyAzk89.jpg

62ayB7G.jpg

oHYVlqZ.jpg

hKh48jS.jpg

dLpBXSO.jpg

And like I said, I don't use other than personal tactics:
T35EgVd.png

Thank you so much, I'll compare to mine when I'm next playing.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
How do you guys help players improve their speed or acceleration? Especially for players you draft who have sometimes quite bad skating. I drafted a player in my last play (havent played few months now tbh) but he had bad skating (both under 10), but his potential was around 150 or 160. Was only using my own picks in that save and no trades so was excited to get a player like that in one of early drafts that are usually horrible since there are no regens yet. Picked him around 15-20th spot hoping he'd be a a good pick but i couldn't improve his skating at all even by 1 point. Same with a defenceman (Alex Grant in 2007 draft) couldn't get him to improve speed or acceleration by even 1 point no matter what kind of training and coaches i tried. Any advice on this?

Well, it's going to be hard to do but skating and conditioning need to be on intensive in practice. You're likely not going to see MASSIVE jumps if they're at like a 6. Most I usually see is like 3 pts of improvement.

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Following up. Adjusted some tactics to get my shot totals up, but kept my players TOI at normal amounts. Finished up a season:

QigElRE.jpg

F1: Vinogradov // Sandberg // Blaha
F2: Holmgren // Vantroba // Carroll
F3: Nikulin // Stempniak // Chara
F4: Smrek // Allan // Mikhaylovsky

D1: Chovan // Corkum
D2: Stejskal // Nazarov
D3: Rinne // Weber

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Following up. Adjusted some tactics to get my shot totals up, but kept my players TOI at normal amounts. Finished up a season:

QigElRE.jpg

Can you share your line tactics for the team and your personal tactics for the top line? Just amazing. How big are your guys? I could never get that many 8s and 9s unless my guys were all 200+.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland

Hm, i think there is a flaw in the game. My prospects which has a good attribute in strength, tends to develop that strength even though i train them on all other areas.

Example: Martin marincin had about 10 in skating (acc,speed) i wanted him to improve that. So i always had him on skating intense in the off-season, even though i focused on skating he never improved. But went from 14 strength to 17 in 2 years.

Same way with Alex Nylander, had 7 strength and about 12-13 in skating. Try to focus him to work on his strength, but after 3 years pro, he has 18 skating, and just turned 9 in strength.

It is like the weight increase for younger players doesnt affect their strength. Mitch marner went from 180cm/72kg to 180 cm/92kg. Strength? 8->9.

It would be awesome if you could interact with your players and tell them to put on weight to become stronger resp. lose some weight to gain footspeed. But as in real life it should depend on other attributes, like work rate, professionalism and natural fitness. Let say a natural fitness 20. Should definitely get good results because his natural physique is so good.

And there could also be a risk that the workout fails. Like "Jonas Brodin put on 10 kg, but didn't gain any noticeable strength, and also lost some footspeed/agility"

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Hm, i think there is a flaw in the game. My prospects which has a good attribute in strength, tends to develop that strength even though i train them on all other areas.

Example: Martin marincin had about 10 in skating (acc,speed) i wanted him to improve that. So i always had him on skating intense in the off-season, even though i focused on skating he never improved. But went from 14 strength to 17 in 2 years.

Same way with Alex Nylander, had 7 strength and about 12-13 in skating. Try to focus him to work on his strength, but after 3 years pro, he has 18 skating, and just turned 9 in strength.

It is like the weight increase for younger players doesnt affect their strength. Mitch marner went from 180cm/72kg to 180 cm/92kg. Strength? 8->9.

It would be awesome if you could interact with your players and tell them to put on weight to become stronger resp. lose some weight to gain footspeed. But as in real life it should depend on other attributes, like work rate, professionalism and natural fitness. Let say a natural fitness 20. Should definitely get good results because his natural physique is so good.

And there could also be a risk that the workout fails. Like "Jonas Brodin put on 10 kg, but didn't gain any noticeable strength, and also lost some footspeed/agility"

I think sometimes player types and their potential affects that as well. I could be wrong though.

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Can you share your line tactics for the team and your personal tactics for the top line? Just amazing. How big are your guys? I could never get that many 8s and 9s unless my guys were all 200+.

TBH, I based it a lot on the tactics the previous poster had in an effort to get the shot totals up. Personal tactics I leave alone for the most part, because I notice that when you fiddle with them too much, they don't jibe well with the unit tactics and causes problems. So, I only mess with the personal tactics if I have a player that's really good/poor at something. So, if I have a player thats 5'11" 190 and has a hitting value of 7, I set him to hit lightly if the unit tactic is set to hard, if that makes sense.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
TBH, I based it a lot on the tactics the previous poster had in an effort to get the shot totals up. Personal tactics I leave alone for the most part, because I notice that when you fiddle with them too much, they don't jibe well with the unit tactics and causes problems. So, I only mess with the personal tactics if I have a player that's really good/poor at something. So, if I have a player thats 5'11" 190 and has a hitting value of 7, I set him to hit lightly if the unit tactic is set to hard, if that makes sense.

Gotcha, okay. That's a huge help for me. That's insane how many shots your team got that season.

Are you very particular with your player personnel? As in, do they have to fit your "mold" completely?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

QigElRE.jpg

The 4th line is cool -

Smrek (20+34) // Allan (0+3 !)// Mikhaylovsky (26+24)

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
The 4th line is cool -

Smrek (20+34) // Allan (0+3 !)// Mikhaylovsky (26+24)

Heh. The wingers kill penalties, so they get extra time. Allan is a 19 year old I'm easing into the lineup. I probably should have set him to have some 4v4 time or PP2 or something, but I couldn't be bothered.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Does anyone know when we can expect the new roster update with the 2016 draft picks and free agents?
There are no updated rosters for EHM07 AFAIK (the new EHM1 databases are created in EHM07 format and then imported into EHM1, but they can't actually be used with EHM07/they won't work with EHM07); the last database compatible with EHM07 I believe is TBL 7.2 (2014-15 rosters)

And if you're in the wrong thread and actually asking about EHM1, TBL only does start-of-season rosters now (due to lack of researchers), so the next release is tentatively planned for around the start of the 2016-17 NHL season

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are no updated rosters for EHM07 AFAIK (the new EHM1 databases are created in EHM07 format and then imported into EHM1, but they can't actually be used with EHM07/they won't work with EHM07); the last database compatible with EHM07 I believe is TBL 7.2 (2014-15 rosters)

And if you're in the wrong thread and actually asking about EHM1, TBL only does start-of-season rosters now (due to lack of researchers), so the next release is tentatively planned for around the start of the 2016-17 NHL season

Yeah, I was in the wrong thread haha :laugh: Thanks for the answer, Nino :yo:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
So, I've spent the past year and a half playing half-seasons of this game with the free trial, wishing I could buy it... I even tried a phone number provided and left a msg, tho I am sure it isn't for the same service or establishment any more. The credit card function doesn't work.

Sorry if this isn't okay to ask on this forum... but I am wondering if I could give some one money for their license code or something? Or would it not work? It's very disappointing. I ended up buying FHM 2 & 3 now because of it, but I really liked EHM and started that first.

Now I'd like to be able to enjoy both... and as far as I know, I won't have career saves randomly have an end point cuz the game crashes every time I try to continue on.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
So, I've spent the past year and a half playing half-seasons of this game with the free trial, wishing I could buy it... I even tried a phone number provided and left a msg, tho I am sure it isn't for the same service or establishment any more. The credit card function doesn't work.

Sorry if this isn't okay to ask on this forum... but I am wondering if I could give some one money for their license code or something? Or would it not work? It's very disappointing. I ended up buying FHM 2 & 3 now because of it, but I really liked EHM and started that first.

Now I'd like to be able to enjoy both
... and as far as I know, I won't have career saves randomly have an end point cuz the game crashes every time I try to continue on.
Any reason you don't buy "EHM1" - did you know that an updated version of EHM came out (on Steam) last year? Most recent update was yesterday, with continued updates coming...

I've bought FHM 1, 2 and 3 (to support development) & I bought the new EHM when it came out (and haven't played or thought about EHM07 since); rosters are still being released (2016-17 rosters to be released soon), and there's even some historical rosters too (at TBL http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/portal.php)

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I will probably eventually get it. Though I didn't have to use steam for FHM, so I was able to pay via paypal, which at the moment is much easier for me.

I'm also stubborn though, and my primary sports sim game interest, at least for now, is in EHM 2007. Especially if I would end up preferring it over EHM1. I know I have to try both to compare, but I really loved EHM 07 and really wish I could actually play it. X.X it's frustrating that I can't give the owners of the game money and then play it.

Edit: ty btw for the info and link/trying to help.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Any reason you don't buy "EHM1" - did you know that an updated version of EHM came out (on Steam) last year? Most recent update was yesterday, with continued updates coming...

I've bought FHM 1, 2 and 3 (to support development) & I bought the new EHM when it came out (and haven't played or thought about EHM07 since); rosters are still being released (2016-17 rosters to be released soon), and there's even some historical rosters too (at TBL http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/portal.php)

I have EHM1 because I love the team and want to support them but the UI changes are not something my brain can deal with :laugh:, plus being a developer, I feel like they took a huge UX step back in removing the side bar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->