EHM 07 - Part 11: "Wants a new challenge"

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I have EHM1 because I love the team and want to support them but the UI changes are not something my brain can deal with :laugh:, plus being a developer, I feel like they took a huge UX step back in removing the side bar.

I'm in the same boat. I love the UI for EHM07 and honestly haven't been able to get in to the new EHM1 due to the layout changes. While I don't play much these days, EHM07 is still my go-to over EHM1. I also dislike how difficult it is to get good players in EHM1 once the original rosters all begin to retire. Feels like all the draft prospects' attributes are red or orange and they don't see much improvement as you develop them.

I have two save files in EHM07 that I constantly switch back and forth between. I have a Flames one that's in year 2100 or something, and an Islanders one that's around year 2060 I believe.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
^ Precisely why I want to get EHM 07. :(
I am holding out hope that some day, some way, I can.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'm in the same boat. I love the UI for EHM07 and honestly haven't been able to get in to the new EHM1 due to the layout changes. While I don't play much these days, EHM07 is still my go-to over EHM1. I also dislike how difficult it is to get good players in EHM1 once the original rosters all begin to retire. Feels like all the draft prospects' attributes are red or orange and they don't see much improvement as you develop them.

I have two save files in EHM07 that I constantly switch back and forth between. I have a Flames one that's in year 2100 or something, and an Islanders one that's around year 2060 I believe.

Got a file like that too :laugh: started it in December of 2011 (actual time) and I must be at least in 2060 or so by now. I remember I won 20 straight Stanley Cups with the Habs. I keep the file even though I don't really play it anymore. One day I'll dive back in.

I am still playing 07, been playing again the last few weeks.

EHM1 has TONS of improvements in terms of the engine of the game but the look and feel just isn't natural to me. Hard to get around. I hope one day they release a "skin" for it to make it look like EHM2007.

Reactions: Claudi27

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
This thread is pretty dead these days but EHM 07 >>>>>>> new EHM so I have a question for the people that still play and are really knowledgeable of the game: Do regens appear right when the player retires? Or do they start appearing when the player is just sitting in limbo at ages 40-42 as a UFA? I wanna know when to start looking :laugh:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
If I recall correctly, they are generated when the game does its internal update, which I believe is July 1. So, they generate at that point. I'd just wait until 2 years after the player retires and look. No real point to finding a player right after they regen unless you're playing the developmental leagues.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
2 years for European players, 4 for NA players. And agreed with Richie, they are not necessarily guaranteed to turn out like their predecessor.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'll ask in here cause I can't keep up with the new EHM thread. Anyone know if there are plans to bring the sidebar back to the new EHM? That's honestly the thing that holds me back from playing the new one. It isn't as intuitive, in my opinion, and is harder to get from screen to screen.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
I'll ask in here cause I can't keep up with the new EHM thread. Anyone know if there are plans to bring the sidebar back to the new EHM? That's honestly the thing that holds me back from playing the new one. It isn't as intuitive, in my opinion, and is harder to get from screen to screen.
I've never heard of any such plans

IMO you'd really have been better off posting in the new EHM thread as the developer Riz reads it and responds in it (his last post in that thread was last Friday)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Whoops thought this was for EHM 1 and not '07. Disregard this post. :D

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Have to post this... never seen anything like it :laugh:

6tGQWTC.png

This is an Olympic year to be fair...

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Hey @Richie Daggers Crime ,

I was reading through this thread the other day and I was wondering if I could pick your brain on stuff. I know you were like a tactical genius who could get the most out of guys without giving guys 20+ minutes a night (as a forward) and you had plenty of guys with 200+ point seasons.

Would you mind giving me feedback on what you'd do with the following players in terms of personal tactics?:

rRFqzY7.png

6cZQ94G.png

I've got them both playing pretty well (Perry is a rookie and he's "Bobby Orr" who I put into the default DB) but I'm wondering how to get them to that next level. For Steer, I have him as mentality: normal, aggressiveness: normal, backchecking: hard, gap control: tight, puck pressure: heavy, hitting: hard, tempo: high, passing: adventurous, shooting: barrage, dumping the puck: very rarely and I have him on passing over shooting. Not carrying the puck or joining the rush. Curious what you would do with him instead.

Sorry this is super random and a necro of a bump since nobody plays 07 anymore but I basically haven't moved to the new EHM (even though I bought it) because I am a creature of habit and can't get use to no side bar.

No worries if you're too busy to answer!

Reactions: MasterMatt25
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey @Richie Daggers Crime ,

Sorry this is super random and a necro of a bump since nobody plays 07 anymore but I basically haven't moved to the new EHM (even though I bought it) because I am a creature of habit and can't get use to no side bar.

I'm still into playing my save of EHM 07. It also happens to run faster for me on my laptop and my workstation from 2012 than EHM1. I'm not really sure what allows it to do that, but just simming day to day is light speed ahead than what I (painstakingly) deal with on EHM 1.

I think I'm currently in like the year 2060 with Anaheim running a 30 year dynasty :laugh:. My Sergei Fedorov regen is still holding strong!

Reactions: irunthepeg

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I've got them both playing pretty well (Perry is a rookie and he's "Bobby Orr" who I put into the default DB) but I'm wondering how to get them to that next level. For Steer, I have him as mentality: normal, aggressiveness: normal, backchecking: hard, gap control: tight, puck pressure: heavy, hitting: hard, tempo: high, passing: adventurous, shooting: barrage, dumping the puck: very rarely and I have him on passing over shooting. Not carrying the puck or joining the rush. Curious what you would do with him instead.

I've had a few 200+ guys as well so I'll give my feedback:

Steer: I'd switch his mentality to offensive, check the carry puck and check join rush. His skating, stickhandling, deking and getting open are great so you can check those boxes. These alone should give him a boost offensively. Then if he has good wingers and a good puckmoving Dmen, he should hit 200 points. I don't know if there's some hidden attributes that would make him more of a defensive guy tho. I'd also consider switching aggression to 2nd highest and hitting to very hard. Those could help him get his AvR up.

Perry: I've had Dmen with insane attributes and still they're not putting up more than 50-60 points eventhough my forwards score 170+. Then they may have a random season scoring like 30+ goals and 100+ points but then it's back to the 50s. For his personal tactics I would go: mentality: attacking, aggressiveness: 2nd lowest, backchecking: hard, gap control: normal, puck pressure: very heavy, hitting: hard, tempo: high, passing: adventurous, shooting: barrage, dumping the puck: very rarely and I have him on passing over shooting. Also for him I'd put carry the puck and join rush.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I've had a few 200+ guys as well so I'll give my feedback:

Steer: I'd switch his mentality to offensive, check the carry puck and check join rush. His skating, stickhandling, deking and getting open are great so you can check those boxes. These alone should give him a boost offensively. Then if he has good wingers and a good puckmoving Dmen, he should hit 200 points. I don't know if there's some hidden attributes that would make him more of a defensive guy tho. I'd also consider switching aggression to 2nd highest and hitting to very hard. Those could help him get his AvR up.

Perry: I've had Dmen with insane attributes and still they're not putting up more than 50-60 points eventhough my forwards score 170+. Then they may have a random season scoring like 30+ goals and 100+ points but then it's back to the 50s. For his personal tactics I would go: mentality: attacking, aggressiveness: 2nd lowest, backchecking: hard, gap control: normal, puck pressure: very heavy, hitting: hard, tempo: high, passing: adventurous, shooting: barrage, dumping the puck: very rarely and I have him on passing over shooting. Also for him I'd put carry the puck and join rush.

Thanks for this! I should have left my post more open ended. I originally tried to PM Richie but his PMs are set to off so I just decided to tag him here haha.

I will try this out when I next have some time to play.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
so I posted this on the EHM 1 thread, but I've had this happen with EHM 07 as well so i'll repost it here.

Does anyone have any tips or insight how the Training Camp session works before the season? I hardly ever pay attention to it (even with EHM '07). It seems like the prospects who improved attribute-wise have a bad camp for me, but a random Canadian 7th Round pick seems to impress at camp.

Does that mean the one who impresses in camp I should be looking at plugging into the line-up more? Or should I just disregard that?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
so I posted this on the EHM 1 thread, but I've had this happen with EHM 07 as well so i'll repost it here.

Does anyone have any tips or insight how the Training Camp session works before the season? I hardly ever pay attention to it (even with EHM '07). It seems like the prospects who improved attribute-wise have a bad camp for me, but a random Canadian 7th Round pick seems to impress at camp.

Does that mean the one who impresses in camp I should be looking at plugging into the line-up more? Or should I just disregard that?

So, you can turn off "open camp" which means no randoms will just join your roster. What I've made a habit of doing is inviting every player that I have the rights to, especially the ones 22 and younger. If they're in college, they can't go but all the rest can. I find I can sometimes get them to jump a few attributes while with me. Put them on your practice schedule.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So, you can turn off "open camp" which means no randoms will just join your roster. What I've made a habit of doing is inviting every player that I have the rights to, especially the ones 22 and younger. If they're in college, they can't go but all the rest can. I find I can sometimes get them to jump a few attributes while with me. Put them on your practice schedule.

I have the Training Camp set to 'Closed', so I know that I won't have the random Mongolian scrubs try to play their way into my roster :laugh:

I should've gone into more detail so i'll do it here. I invite all my Unsigned Players/Prospects to my training camp yearly. I typically draft between rounds 1-4, and then auto draft the rest.

Like I said posted before, I'll notice that the game will say my 28- year old star will have a bad training camp, but my random drafted 7th rounder is having an excellent camp (despite having low technical abilities, high aggression). I guess I'm asking does the way the game process training camp at random? I have rarely seen a player (especially in EHM07) progress out of lowly attributes to respectable ones.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I have the Training Camp set to 'Closed', so I know that I won't have the random Mongolian scrubs try to play their way into my roster :laugh:

I should've gone into more detail so i'll do it here. I invite all my Unsigned Players/Prospects to my training camp yearly. I typically draft between rounds 1-4, and then auto draft the rest.

Like I said posted before, I'll notice that the game will say my 28- year old star will have a bad training camp, but my random drafted 7th rounder is having an excellent camp (despite having low technical abilities, high aggression). I guess I'm asking does the way the game process training camp at random? I have rarely seen a player (especially in EHM07) progress out of lowly attributes to respectable ones.

Ah yes. That's definitely something I've found to be random. Guys who aren't that good and definitely shouldn't be on roster will have a "good camp" and guys who are talented will have a poor outing sometimes. Ignore it for the most part, I'd say.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Is there a way to ruin a sure-fire regen?

In my save, I've been on the hunt for Sidney Crosby's regen but cannot find him (My save is in the 2060's). I looked at his retired date, and have tried to piece together where he could've ended up. Is it possible for a regen to change from Lefty to Righty with the process, or is the same information just recycled through again as a regen?

My hypothesis is that some years after Crosby retired, a team may have hijacked his development and totally ruined him :laugh:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Is there a way to ruin a sure-fire regen?

In my save, I've been on the hunt for Sidney Crosby's regen but cannot find him (My save is in the 2060's). I looked at his retired date, and have tried to piece together where he could've ended up. Is it possible for a regen to change from Lefty to Righty with the process, or is the same information just recycled through again as a regen?

My hypothesis is that some years after Crosby retired, a team may have hijacked his development and totally ruined him :laugh:

Should be 4 years post-retirement. I don't think handedness changes but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad