Edmonton Vs Toronto (Defence)

Best group of Defencemen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
I’ll help you out, it’s Kadri, Komarov, Bozak, JVR and Gardiner. 3 of them are likely to be gone after this year as well.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Edmonton gave up 6 today, Toronto has given up 7 on their current 6 game win streak.

leafs 15th in GA/gm, oilers 22nd
leafs top 3 in the NHL, Oilers bottom 3

not much more to say really

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I’ll help you out, it’s Kadri, Komarov, Bozak, JVR and Gardiner. 3 of them are likely to be gone after this year as well.

2 likely to be gone. Kadri and Gardiner arent going anywhere and the leafs probably keep at least 1 of JVR,Komarov,Bozak

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Well, we're 20 games in, pretty much 1/4th of the season.

The Oilers are 2nd last in the West. The Leafs currently stand 3rd place in the league. When are you going to draw the line? Just playing devils advocate here.

Also, there's no chance Oilers have the best defense in the league.

I definitely didn’t say the oilers had the best D in the league and if the leafs D holds up half way through the season this might be the year the leafs finally have a legit defence

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Talbot was a god

Edmonton forwards are better defensively, at least last year

Lol what? They are playing McDavid on the PK right now. That's how bad their forwards are at defense. Even last year Toronto's forwards were better defensively.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
We all know who this kind of hater is. Let me guess? Marner sucks and Bennett will be better. JVR is trash. Jankowski > Nylander. You wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for any of the Leafs dmen. Thachuk>= Matthews. Flames are better than the Leafs AINEC!!!!....
(just taking a stab in the dark there that you would used the most ridiculous acronym on hfboards)

You put so much effort into hating other teams, maybe go annoy the Flames board for a while? One can only hope.
Lol just making up bull shit? Im not a Leafs fan so no i dont make claims like that

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This post is flawed and you're just voting against any leaf. Leafs's D core has been better this year but you vote Edmonton saying Rielly is on a hot streak. Then you go and vote Larkin against Nylander because he's had better stats this year. Extremely hypocritical, and you're just looking for an agenda either way to vote against the leafs.
No kidding. He might be the first Flames fan I know that hates the Leafs more than the Oilers. Embarrasing.

Reactions: 6ix and TDK88

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Don't know much about the current state of Toronto's defence but Edmonton's is shit.

Nurse is playing well relative to last year, Larsson is doing good but not all good as last year, Russell is Russell, Benning & Auvitu are meh, Klefbom, Gryba are trash

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
No kidding. He might be the first Flames fan I know that hates the Leafs more than the Oilers. Embarrasing.

Yup he doesn’t have the “you know what” to admit that maybe it took Rielly a couple weeks to adjust to his new partner in Hainsey, and Rielly hasn’t looked back since finding that chemistry.

There should be no excuse for Klefbom because he played a full season with Larsson and already built that chemistry. I know many oiler fan are extremely puzzled/frustrated with Klefbom this year because this was supposed to be the year he turned into a #1, but has severely regressed.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Lol what? They are playing McDavid on the PK right now. That's how bad their forwards are at defense. Even last year Toronto's forwards were better defensively.

Well if that's the proof I'm convinced

we're comparing 2015-16 TOR forwards vs EDM forwards in the defensive aspect of the game

STL and NSH looks and laughs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Edmonton gave up 6 today, Toronto has given up 7 on their current 6 game win streak.

leafs 15th in GA/gm, oilers 22nd
leafs top 3 in the NHL, Oilers bottom 3

not much more to say really
GA isn't a reliable way to look at defense. Goalies don't play defense.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Toronto right now I'd say
Klefbom might be the best of the bunch if he can return to his previous level, but Rielly/Gardiner/Zaitsev is pretty solid
Close though

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Lol just making up bull ****? Im not a Leafs fan so no i dont make claims like that

Haha that's rich. After I made my post I went through some of your old posts. And I was spot on with my analysis of you. If you spent as much time rooting for your Flames as you do bashing the Leafs and Oilers, you'd be there number 1 fan by a mile. What a joke.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
You totally do though.
Your boys not even top 10 in ppg or top 15 in points. And please tell me where has he also hit mid 30s? Because of this unprecidented high scoring year who knows he might get 40 again. In a season where Sean Monahans on pace for 47 goals anything is possible

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The year before last Rielly had a good year too and remember when you were all saying he was going to be better than Kieth? What happened to that? Than he sucked the next year. He sucked for most of the start of this year too and its been what 10 games that hes been good? If he can keep it up the rest of the year than yes ill say the Leafs have a better defense than the Oilers (also if Klefbom doesnt wake up) until than ill say its just a hot streak.

I see all you leafs fans jumping on me lol. Anyone poster who starts calling you guys out on us bs and you guys all attack like a pack how insecure. Why were you all hidden during that losing streak you guys had earlier? Such an insecure fanbase
You can't say a single bad thing about the leafs without a pack of 20+ posters jumping on you.

Reactions: flamesforcup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad