Edmonton Vs Toronto (Defence)

Best group of Defencemen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Oh jesus the martyr complex is coming out now. :laugh: You know I think I can help you guys out though. I get it can be real tuff! Crazy idea though. If you don't like talking to Leaf fans....In threads about Leaf players....Don't?

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Oh jesus the martyr complex is coming out now. :laugh: You know I think I can help you guys out though. I get it can be real tuff! Crazy idea though. If you don't like talking to Leaf fans....In threads about Leaf players....Don't?
Ive viewed the boards for a very long time and decided to make an account. I dont think it is as much as people don't want to talk Leafs, but when you say one bad thing (and sometimes true) about them, you get a few or more major homers just making things up. And this happens with all fan bases but the Leafs have the largest and most polarizing IMO.

For example, a poster last page says Rielly and Gardiner are the two best D in this poll. I mean, really? Rielly is up there but Gardiner better than Larsson and Klefbom.. hell, even Nurse? That is just borderline trolling at that point.

Personally I think Edmonton's defense is better because Larsson is the best of both teams (rightfully so he is the highest drafted and touted) with Rielly and Klefbom even for me (even though Klefbom is playing bad right now, a slump). Then Nurse = Zaitsev and Gardiner is middling between Klefbom/Rielly and Nurse/Zaitsev. And Id pin Sekera better than the rest of Toronto' d. Again thats just me.

Edmonton would probably fair better in this poll if they werent bottom in the West right now and Toronto near the top of the East. seems like a bad time for the poll, but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Your boys not even top 10 in ppg or top 15 in points. And please tell me where has he also hit mid 30s? Because of this unprecidented high scoring year who knows he might get 40 again. In a season where Sean Monahans on pace for 47 goals anything is possible

I don’t know what the first part of your post has to do with what you or I said. You said Matthews would score roughly 30 goals and got lucky last year, nothing about PPG or being top 15 in points. Seems like you’re just lashing out because your heavily biased prediction is on pace to be laughably wrong.

Reactions: TDK88

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Leafs sit 16th in goals against per game, and they have the highest scoring dcorps in hockdy.

They compare well to most dcorps in the league, and are certainly better than the oilers' group.

Reactions: TDK88 and RCS

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Rielly > Klefbom
Hainsey < Nurse
Zaitsev = Larsson
Gardiner > Sekera
Borgman > Benning
Carrick = Russell

Outside of Nurse, Toronto is better top to bottom. And I have a feeling that Dermott, who has a ridiculous 80 GF% in the AHL, will add to Toronto's depth very soon.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Ive viewed the boards for a very long time and decided to make an account. I dont think it is as much as people don't want to talk Leafs, but when you say one bad thing (and sometimes true) about them, you get a few or more major homers just making things up. And this happens with all fan bases but the Leafs have the largest and most polarizing IMO.

For example, a poster last page says Rielly and Gardiner are the two best D in this poll. I mean, really? Rielly is up there but Gardiner better than Larsson and Klefbom.. hell, even Nurse? That is just borderline trolling at that point.

Personally I think Edmonton's defense is better because Larsson is the best of both teams (rightfully so he is the highest drafted and touted) with Rielly and Klefbom even for me (even though Klefbom is playing bad right now, a slump). Then Nurse = Zaitsev and Gardiner is middling between Klefbom/Rielly and Nurse/Zaitsev. And Id pin Sekera better than the rest of Toronto' d. Again thats just me.

Edmonton would probably fair better in this poll if they werent bottom in the West right now and Toronto near the top of the East. seems like a bad time for the poll, but oh well.

Great post.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Scoring by defensemen:

1.TBL: 20gms, 53pts (ES 40pts)
1.TOR: 21gms, 53pts (ES 43pts)
3.NSH: 19gms, 51pts (ES 32pts)
4.OTT: 18gms, 48pts (ES 37pts)
4.LVK: 18gms, 48pts (ES 33pts)

27.FLA: 19gms, 29pts (ES 23pts)
28.CAR: 18gms, 28pts (ES 24pts)
29.EDM: 20gms, 26pts (ES: 19pts)
30.VAN: 20gms, 24pts (ES 15pts)
31.BUF: 20gms, 18pts (ES 12pts)

Team Defense

16.TOR: 3.00ga/gm
22.EDM: 3.15ga/gm

Reactions: TDK88

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rielly > Klefbom
Hainsey < Nurse
Zaitsev = Larsson
Gardiner > Sekera
Borgman > Benning
Carrick = Russell

Outside of Nurse, Toronto is better top to bottom. And I have a feeling that Dermott, who has a ridiculous 80 GF% in the AHL, will add to Toronto's depth very soon.

you're being very generous to Nurse, who has looked for the first time ever this year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Larsson is a nice 2nd pair defensive dman. He certainly isn't the best dman in this poll, and would in fact not even be a clearcut top 4 dman on the Leafs.

[mod]

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Scoring by defensemen:

1.TBL: 20gms, 53pts (ES 40pts)
1.TOR: 21gms, 53pts (ES 43pts)
3.NSH: 19gms, 51pts (ES 32pts)
4.OTT: 18gms, 48pts (ES 37pts)
4.LVK: 18gms, 48pts (ES 33pts)

27.FLA: 19gms, 29pts (ES 23pts)
28.CAR: 18gms, 28pts (ES 24pts)
29.EDM: 20gms, 26pts (ES: 19pts)
30.VAN: 20gms, 24pts (ES 15pts)
31.BUF: 20gms, 18pts (ES 12pts)

Team Defense

16.TOR: 3.00ga/gm
22.EDM: 3.15ga/gm

I think this post wraps it up, good job Zeke. Leafs D are much better at breaking out and putting up points, and still have a better GAA.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Larsson is a nice 2nd pair defensive dman. He certainly isn't the best dman in this poll, and would in fact not even be a clearcut top 4 dman on the Leafs.

[mod]
And I take it you are one of the few Leafs fans who just have to throw out absurd comments in order to maintain a level of 'we are the best' and cant accept simple truths.

Larsson wouldn't be a clear cut top 4 for Toronto? Yeah, okay buddy lol.

Reactions: flamesforcup

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
And I take it you are one of the few Leafs fans who just have to throw out absurd comments in order to maintain a level of 'we are the best' and cant accept simple truths.

Larsson wouldn't be a clear cut top 4 for Toronto? Yeah, okay buddy lol.
Saying Larsson is better than Rielly is much more absurd than saying Hainsey is equal to Larsson, honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->