Best group of Defencemen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Ya of course. Its only November. Remember the year after the Boston collapse you guys started really good and started collapsing in the new year? Maybe if it was February or March id be scared but nah i still expect the collapse.

Why wasn't there a collapse last year?

Reactions: TDK88

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
assuming a healthy Sekera, I would say only a slight edge to Toronto. 20 games aren't enough of a sample to convince me the Leafs are significantly better like some posters are saying.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Oilers easily. Outside Reilly Toronto's D would be 4/5/6 material in Edmonton....And well most of the league.
I find it interesting that Toronto has a D-Core full of players that would be 4-5-6's on Edmonton....Yet Edmonton has given up more goals then the Leafs so far this year. That is with Andersen taking October off too.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I find it interesting that Toronto has a D-Core full of players that would be 4-5-6's on Edmonton....Yet Edmonton has given up more goals then the Leafs so far this year. That is with Andersen taking October off too.

Oilers/Leafs both have given up 63 goals this year according to NHL.com and that's with the entire Oilers team taking the year off so far. Toronto even allows more shots a game. So ya.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
So in the Nylander vs Larkin and Schwartz threads both these players are killing Nylander this year but Leafs fans are dismissing it by saying its a hot streak yet Rielly has a good 5-6 games (where hes been hot garbage defensively before that) and Leafs fans are suddenly flooding the main boards. You cant make this stuff up

We all know who this kind of hater is. Let me guess? Marner sucks and Bennett will be better. JVR is trash. Jankowski > Nylander. You wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for any of the Leafs dmen. Thachuk>= Matthews. Flames are better than the Leafs AINEC!!!!....
(just taking a stab in the dark there that you would used the most ridiculous acronym on hfboards)

You put so much effort into hating other teams, maybe go annoy the Flames board for a while? One can only hope.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Oilers/Leafs both have given up 63 goals this year according to NHL.com and that's with the entire Oilers team taking the year off so far. Toronto even allows more shots a game. So ya.
Again you aren't doing a great job proving your point that 5/6 of the Leafs defense would be bottom pairing on an Oiler's team that has been terrible. Just double checking....Are the defensemen part of "the entire Oilers team" that hasn't shown up? Because the Leafs have been playing fine lol

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Again you aren't doing a great job proving your point that 5/6 of the Leafs defense would be bottom pairing on an Oiler's team that has been terrible. Just double checking....Are the defensemen part of "the entire Oilers team" that hasn't shown up? Because the Leafs have been playing fine lol

The Leafs have been playing fine and still allow as many goals as the Oilers who are playing absolutely putrid and missing their top defenceman. I think that about says it all.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The Leafs have been playing fine and still allow as many goals as the Oilers who are playing absolutely putrid and missing their top defenceman. I think that about says it all.
Yeah no see the thing is....The Leafs are getting better. We have given up 5 goals in our last 4 and 2/3 games. The Oiler's have given up 18 in their last 5.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Yeah no see the thing is....The Leafs are getting better. We have given up 5 goals in our last 4 and 2/3 games. The Oiler's have given up 18 in their last 5.

So when the Oilers were better earlier this year with less goals against, it didn't count? 10 goals against in the last 2 certainly doesn't help the Oil.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So when the Oilers were better earlier this year with less goals against, it didn't count? 10 goals against in the last 2 certainly doesn't help the Oil.
I never said it doesn't count....I would also like to remind you I am not even arguing the Leafs defense is better. I am just saying you used ridiculous hyperbole and over rated your own defense. The difference isn't that big.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
The leafs have had by far the worst D in the league for the past 5 years and now after 20 games they’re supposedly better than one of the best?

Reactions: Leafs at Knight

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Talbot was a god

Edmonton forwards are better defensively, at least last year

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
The leafs have had by far the worst D in the league for the past 5 years and now after 20 games they’re supposedly better than one of the best?

Well, we're 20 games in, pretty much 1/4th of the season.

The Oilers are 2nd last in the West. The Leafs currently stand 3rd place in the league. When are you going to draw the line? Just playing devils advocate here.

Also, there's no chance Oilers have the best defense in the league.

Reactions: 93LEAFS and TDK88

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Ya of course. Its only November. Remember the year after the Boston collapse you guys started really good and started collapsing in the new year? Maybe if it was February or March id be scared but nah i still expect the collapse.

This is getting good, keep going :)

Can you list the players that were on the team for that "collapse"? Cause I’m pretty sure it’s a short list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad