HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
This season I’d say Toronto for a few reasons:

1. Rielly is blossoming into a #1 D
2. Klefbom is absolutely terrible for some reason this year
3. No Sekera

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Toronto easily. Oilers best defenseman would be #4/5 on the Leafs. Oilers have one of the worst d corps in the league.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
So in the Nylander vs Larkin and Schwartz threads both these players are killing Nylander this year but Leafs fans are dismissing it by saying its a hot streak yet Rielly has a good 5-6 games (where hes been hot garbage defensively before that) and Leafs fans are suddenly flooding the main boards. You cant make this stuff up

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
So in the Nylander vs Larkin and Schwartz threads both these players are killing Nylander this year but Leafs fans are dismissing it by saying its a hot streak yet Rielly has a good 5-6 games (where hes been hot garbage defensively before that) and Leafs fans are suddenly flooding the main boards. You cant make this stuff up

still think the Leafs aren't making the playoffs?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014

This post is flawed and you're just voting against any leaf. Leafs's D core has been better this year but you vote Edmonton saying Rielly is on a hot streak. Then you go and vote Larkin against Nylander because he's had better stats this year. Extremely hypocritical, and you're just looking for an agenda either way to vote against the leafs.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

Almost like you can't make up the whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" narrative that both Flames and Oilers fan have against Leafs players on these boards for some inexplicable reason. Pretty sad and pathetic if you ask me. Whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose...

Reactions: Yamazaki and TDK88

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hainsey isn't anywhere near Sekera lol. Otherwise I'd agree with you, but Larsson is a bit more than just barely better than Zaitsev.
Ehh the Hainsey we have seen so far this year has been pretty god damn good. I mean he basically lives on the PK and has been a big reason for the big improvement in Rielly.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
last year toronto, this year leafs.

Rielly has taken a giant leap in his own end, and also has 17pts.
Klefbom hasn't played well judging by the oilers board.

both teams giving up 3.15/game, the difference though is the leafs are actually getting production from their back end
and are scoring 3.60/game..while the oielrs are pretty much mcdavid and drai and no help from the back end (2.50.gm)

Kris Russell absolutely cannot be leading dmen in scoring with 6pts/19 games.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hainsey isn't anywhere near Sekera lol. Otherwise I'd agree with you, but Larsson is a bit more than just barely better than Zaitsev.

you need to watch a few leafs games. Hainsey has been a solid top 4 dman for us that is playing 90% of our PK mins
He has helped Rielly to what will easily be his best season. 17pts/20 games. thats 3rd among dmen

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Toronto beats Edmonton in every aspect other than goaltending

Eh I'd say Toronto has better goaltending. Talbot and Andersen's stats are very comparable every season minus Talbot's New York Rangers seasons. (And it wasn't all NYR defense, in 2013-2014 Talbot had sheltered starts yes, but in 2014-2015 Talbot was carrying the team to a degree especially considering the fact that whenever Tlabot started NYR allowed far less chances and generated far more chances because Talbot is a great rebound controller, puck freezer, puck mover, etc. And Lundqvist isn't).

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Almost like you can't make up the whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" narrative that both Flames and Oilers fan have against Leafs players on these boards for some inexplicable reason. Pretty sad and pathetic if you ask me. Whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose...
not exactly inexplicable its quite clear why the leafs have so many haters its not unwarranted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad