*edited* What is the best method of protest to pressure Molson into firing MB?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You guys know this is a kid's game, right? Where a bunch of grown men chase a puck up and down a sheet of ice?

I really like watching and playing hockey, but some people here need to take a step back and re-evaluate their commitment to it.
In other words....tear a page (or 50) from the Maple Leaf Fans Handbook .

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Simple.

2016-09-24-Buttermilk-Waffles-12.jpg

Throw a few of these bad boys on the ice and it's sure to kick start some change.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Definitely on the mark about hurting the image. When I used to wear my Habs cap or jersey, I’d just be ridiculed or get looks of disgust. Now, people just laugh at me. I swear, if I had a penny for every time I heard “so, about those Habs” followed by a smirk, I’d still be a rich man.
I have heard more than once from leafs fans..... "I feel sorry for Carey Price"

Reactions: sandviper

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I've watched much less hockey this season, but not out of protest. It's mainly because i'll start watching a game and realize i'm not really cheering for the team, knowing the 2 points really won't help when it's all said and done. Not only that, there's no players who are fun to watch. Chucky on the 4th line. Drouin and Max are pretty quiet out there. No quality PMDs. It's boring.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I've watched much less hockey this season, but not out of protest. It's mainly because i'll start watching a game and realize i'm not really cheering for the team, knowing the 2 points really won't help when it's all said and done. Not only that, there's no players who are fun to watch. Chucky on the 4th line. Drouin and Max are pretty quiet out there. No quality PMDs. It's boring.
Yea. When the face of the franchise is the GM.......One sure sign of a frigging boring team.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Beaulieu>>>terrible
McCarron>>>terrible
Scherbak>>>maybe terrible
DeLarose>>>>poor

So if two out of these four are good, are we in the same boat? Personally I think it has been the lack of impact we have had through drafting that created so many holes on the roster.
MB should be forced to make a trade from a position of complete weakness to get a PMD, will it really solve anything?
Would Price play better, would Max start scoring, if MB is fired? Have another french speaking GM in the wings & he will fix things?
There are a lot of problems with this team, not all can be pinned on the GM.
I am still not sure what style they play. Don't have the defensive support to play an uptempo offensive game, don't have the agressive back-checking forwards to play a defensive game.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Me too.
Have not watched a game this season. Montreal game that is.
Have not watched a full Habs game since (i think) play offs 015.

Not a boy cot. Just lost interest. Put them on TV and the Montreal Canadiens cannot hold my interest.

My family was in shock, disbelief , eventually saw it was for real. Wife loves it.

....and I get to the gym way more.
Yet here you are, fully committed on an internet message board. Day after day bashing the Habs.

Reactions: teamfirst

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yet here you are, fully committed on an internet message board. Day after day bashing the Habs.
Yes at my desk. Takes mere seconds. Nice to know Im not alone is admitting my once great team is now run by Gilligan and the Skipper.

Yes, I bash ownership/management. Like thousands of others.

Two and half hour games at prime time? Not a frigging chance.

Spend money on them? Not a frigging chance.

Pretend not to notice MB has build a rock solid bottom feeder? Absolutely not.

But I have no problem respecting your right to cheerlead for them.

Cheers

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yes at my desk. Takes mere seconds. Nice to know Im not alone is admitting my once great team is now run by Gilligan and the Skipper.

Cheers

Yeah but, its not fair to judge players on this team if you haven't seen them play. If you haven't endure the pain and torture of late game turnovers, awful PP's and PK's, and stupid coaching moves, I don't feel like you have been on the battlefront and should be on the front lines with us.

To be fair, I don't think Molson has seen his team play either.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Cheers
Do you get some sense of personal satisfaction bashing a team on a message board that you don't watch?

I can't blame you for any decision to watch or not watch a team. To admit that you have given up on the Habs is fine by me. While stating that and continuing to bash the Habs daily here comes across as a bit like a trolley car.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Do you get some sense of personal satisfaction bashing a team on a message board that you don't watch?

I can't blame you for any decision to watch or not watch a team. To admit that you have given up on the Habs is fine by me. While stating that and continuing to bash the Habs daily here comes across as a bit like a trolley car.
I can follow the habs on here. Highlights at 11 as they say.

I called for them to miss the play offs in August. They are no mystery. What have I missed by not watching? They are playing exactly how most thought they would . Poorly. Trouble scoring. Dont have a centerman. Price carries them best he can. Its not so much that I dont watch.....its that I dont need to watch as I have already seen this movie....over and over.
You watch, and yet you dont know anything that I dont know about the team. What am I missing?

Oh and btw....Im so glad to hear that "cant blame you to watch or not watch" Good to get the ok from you Oh Grand One. . :sarcasm:

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah but, its not fair to judge players on this team if you haven't seen them play. If you haven't endure the pain and torture of late game turnovers, awful PP's and PK's, and stupid coaching moves, I don't feel like you have been on the battlefront and should be on the front lines with us.

To be fair, I don't think Molson has seen his team play either.
"on the battle front :biglaugh: and should be on the front lines with US" :biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Don't pay to watch a garbage product play. I won't be going to any games this season, and anyone who does pay to watch this non-contender shitshow has more money than brains. If the number of empty seats grows, the owner will eventually notice.

For those of you who unfortunately bought tickets prior to this season starting, and can't unload them, at least smuggle in a big piece of paper and a marker so you can create and display a 'FIRE BERGEVIN' sign for the cameras to pick up.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulD and Forum93

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I don't think a protest would work and it would be hard to organize, but I don't think everyone should be shitting on this guy's idea so quickly either, I mean it's the right idea for us all anyway.

Maybe I am just too negative but sadly I don't think anything would work. I think eventually when our performances fall flat enough and the media puts more pressure on him, Molson will finally fire the clown, but honestly I feel like even if ticket sales continue to decline or people throw jerseys on the ice or anything, MB and Molson will just see it as a "idiot fans don't know any better...can't pay attention to them" type thing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

The Police are out again, get your Montreal Canadiens true fans license and registration ready.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
3 pronged approach:

- long term: stop going to games, buying merch. this takes a while to have an effect because of the ticket resellers market and season ticket sales.
- medium term: voice concerns on forums such as this, radio call-in shows, water cooler talk. change public sentiment and have it carry over to the media, and let it cycle.
- short term: embarrass the team. throw waffles and/or jerseys on the ice, signs in the BC, wear paper bags, chants in the crowds. These aren't my style, but sometimes they can be the tipping point.

To truly represent Bergevin Id suggest throwing Eggos on the ice.

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I think people are going to have to get use to the fact that no matter what they do to "protest", they will likely have no control or effect on anything. It's the reality of most professional sports franchises, the fans don't really get a say.

The only thing that the Hab's fanbase has control over is the prerequisite that their GM and Headcoach have to speak French... Unfortunately, this isn't even something that helps the team, in fact, it is something that ultimately hurts the teams ability to have fair chance of competing.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Yeah I think I do. My friends are hard MB supporters in northern/central ontario and they are as dumb as rocks when it comes to the habs. Perhaps I am baised.

I am happy to hear in your circle discontent exists. I hope some change is spurred from it.

Maybe that's the reason, you're from Ontario. lol Maybe in the ROC they must be like everything is fine, dog. While in Quebec we have our nose in it, we see the reality.

Especially in Quebec city we lived in the dark period of the Nords in the late 80, we smell and understand an upcoming horror before it happens.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The Police are out again, get your Montreal Canadiens true fans license and registration ready.
That horse is dead.

How many different ways can he say that he doesn't watch the Habs before bashing them?

We get it. Move on.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Maybe that's the reason, you're from Ontario. lol Maybe in the ROC they must be like everything is fine, dog. While in Quebec we have our nose in it, we see the reality.

Especially in Quebec city we lived in the dark period of the Nords in the late 80, we smell and understand an upcoming horror before it happens.

perhaps you are correct. I would out of my friend circle of hab fans , I am the most intense during our conversations.

If they were closer to the source, perhaps they would be up in arms too!

yes... quite the stink coming from the canadiens right now... stinks like Molson beer left in the sun too long....

Reactions: PaulD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Makes you wonder if there is really a need to boycott a repellent product that bores fans out of their skull. It acts as its own boycott.

Reactions: PaulD and Pickles

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Makes you wonder if there is really a need to boycott a repellent product that bores fans out of their skull. It acts as its own boycott.

Exactly. I'm not trying to boycott, I'm just tuning out on account of boredom. Other times I find I'm staring blankly at the screen, only to come to at the commercial break, which snaps me out of it, like a hypnotist snapping his fingers.

It's like my boycott of Molson products. I'm not trying to stay away from their beer ... it's just truly, truly awful. I'd rather have just about any other Canadian / Euro beer. Or even a glass of milk.

Reactions: PaulD and Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad