*edited* What is the best method of protest to pressure Molson into firing MB?

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Best way to protest is not to protest. Ignore the team, don't spend a dime on the team or any businesses that support it. Spend your time and money doing other things. Not only should MB go but starting to think Molson needs to sell the team away to a good owner that cares about winning and not just profits.
If I still lived in Montreal I'd be down for a protest but since I don't this is how I'll protest. No merchandise or tickets for me. The fan base needs to send a message that incompetent management is not tolerated any longer.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Yet here you are, fully committed on an internet message board. Day after day bashing the Habs.
There's a difference between a corporate boot licker that accepts and defends the damage Bergevin has done and a fan that still loves and follows the team but is unhappy with the direction the team is going. Try to understand the difference.

Last edited:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
If nutbars can organise a protest against an English coach, I'm sure a protest can be organised to have the bargain master fired. Won't do much good though, they will just hire the first Francophone they can find.

Reactions: PaulD and Pickles

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would have fired him 2 years ago but if Bergevin is not fired after missing the playoffs this year with:
A) A team in his vision
B) Cap Space
C) Carey Price mega deal
D) Gutting the roster in one off season and still not addressing the center position.

He will be GM until he decides to retire because nothing can cause him to be fired.

RandR

May 15, 2011
Aside from a non-hockey issue, Molson is not going to fire Bergevin unless he thinks MB is responsible for adversely affecting the club's bottom line. The Habs will likely miss the playoffs this year, that probably means a minimum of $5 million in lost playoff revenue, and that should sting Molson at least a little. However, if Carey Price continues to have such an off year, then I won't be surprised at all to see MB getting at least one more year.

When the Canadiens went into free-fall a couple of years ago, Therrien was given one more chance to see what he can do with a healthy Carey Price before he was finally fired. Even it is only because MB is owed at least a couple million a year for another 4 years, I wouldn't be surprised to see him given a similar chance next year with Price hopefully having returned to form.

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON
Best way to protest is not to protest. Ignore the team, don't spend a dime on the team or any businesses that support it. Spend your time and money doing other things. Not only should MB go but starting to think Molson needs to sell the team away to a good owner that cares about winning and not just profits.

This.
If you don't like the direction of the team, don't watch it.
It's the same principle as a movie or TV show - if you don't like it, don't waste your time watching it. Just move on.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Why not create a viral protest. Like #MolsonChallange. You crack open a Molson beer and pour it out. The crack open a competitor's brew and take a swig. Say something catchy like "I won't shill for swill". Make sure to have a Habs jersey or hat on.

:dunno:

One issue with that is the Habs are owned by the three Molson brothers and is independant of the ownership of the Molson Brewery which is a division of Molson Coors (as far as I understand). Snubbing Molson beer isn't necessarily snubbing the three owning brothers.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
Don't buy tickets. Don't buy Molson. If it hurts his pockets he'll change his tune, he's a businessman

That'll never happen, because we all know these HF posters who threaten protests, don't actually have the gall to do it. Heck, they probably can't even go a full month without watching the Habs, the only thing they have in life is following hockey lol. They'll complain on here, but continue buying tickets, and watching games all at the same time.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
That'll never happen, because we all know these HF posters who threaten protests, don't actually have the gall to do it. Heck, they probably can't even go a full month without watching the Habs, the only thing they have in life is following hockey lol. They'll complain on here, but continue buying tickets, and watching games all at the same time.
Get real. Alot of the posters on here have already started to protest. We still watch the games but we will not support this team financially any longer. You have no idea how angry the fan base is and rightfully so. You may be ok with mediocrity but most of the fan base isn't. Get a clue.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There's a difference between a corporate boot licker that accepts and defends the damage Bergevin has done and a fan that still loves and follows the team but is unhappy with the direction the team is going. Try to understand the difference.
Well said. :thumbu:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This.
If you don't like the direction of the team, don't watch it.
It's the same principle as a movie or TV show - if you don't like it, don't waste your time watching it. Just move on.
Plenty of good, and very talented teams to watch. As well as of new young stars in the league.
Sure it would be better if that was the case in Montreal ....however ..........

and play offs are great regardless.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You could not be more wrong.

Its like they said in Toronto for decades when asked "how do they keep selling out icing these crap teams ???

Simple. 4 million people.....20 thousand suckers. Easy money.

But their are plenty of Habs fans that have lost interest, barely watch and spend zero dollars on the team. But for every one of them....there is one doing the opposite....maybe more.

Question is....for how long?

Reactions: Pickles and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You could not be more wrong.

Its like they said in Toronto for decades when asked "how do they keep selling out icing these crap teams ???

Simple. 4 million people.....20 thousand suckers. Easy money.

But their are plenty of Habs fans that have lost interest, barely watch and spend zero dollars on the team. But for every one of them....there is one doing the opposite....maybe more.

Question is....for how long?
Habs fans don't have near the patience the Leafs fans have had................that being said, our organization seems to have become like theirs, $$$$ is the key for the organization...frustrated fans do need to be sending Molson a message...Jack Todd wrote an article about how Molson, himself, needs to step aside, and hire a real hockey prsident to run the show...that would give MB more accountability, and would be a start to the process. MB has had us regress, and no one seems to be calling him out on it.

Reactions: PaulD

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Why not create a viral protest. Like #MolsonChallange. You crack open a Molson beer and pour it out. The crack open a competitor's brew and take a swig. Say something catchy like "I won't shill for swill". Make sure to have a Habs jersey or hat on.

:dunno:

That is actually a pretty SOLID idea Squidd!!!

Its easy to do, and sends the right message!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad