*edited* What is the best method of protest to pressure Molson into firing MB?

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Have not bought a ticket in 2 years and been drinking all beers except Molson product

That is my protest

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I am going to buy more Molson products to support our amazing owner who is with me guys

post-23522-1497204481.jpg

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Have not bought a ticket in 2 years and been drinking all beers except Molson product

That is my protest
that might have nothing to do with you not being happy with the canadians, all the evidence point to you preferring a good product to a shitty product...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
that might have nothing to do with you not being happy with the canadians, all the evidence point to you preferring a good product to a ****ty product...

Well, with regards, AB-InBev products aren't any better than Molson's. Labatt and A-Busch at least.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Well, with regards, AB-InBev products aren't any better than Molson's. Labatt and A-Busch at least.
There is enough good micro breweries product in the city to send the man to his AA, dont worry....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That's kinda like saying piss is better than feces...

The best thing I can say about big brewery beers in Canada is that they're generally superior to their American counterparts. That ain't saying much.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The thing is, majority of people still think the habs are good. They are so ****ing blind. Call it what you will, the majority of people on HF habs are what I would call smarter then the average fan. Hence they come here to debate. You talk to your casual fan, and they think Karl Alzner was a good signing.

Go talk to some of your casual friends. I bring up stats, I bring up good agruments and I get " I think Weber is way better then Subban because he clears the net" Hello F**kface do you even watch the games? How often have you seen Big Bad Shea clearing people left and right so the goalie to see the shots? NEVER!!! IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!!

Or, Max is a great captian he gets almost 40 goals a season , ya mostly against basement dwelling teams. The stats don't lie.

Id love a protest, I mean it would be nice for one of the bloody media shills to actually do their F**king job and ask a tough question like " max has been one of the worst players, yet your constantly sending messages to alex, why is max getting a free pass and alex gets singled out? "

ya alex game isn't good this year, but why only him ?

Ask " why is Pleks on every ****ing overtime , but alex's stats say he is your best shot at winning that all important point ? Defensive liability or not ?? "

instead we get soft as butter questions....

The HF boards, from WTK to Belia, are here because we are passionate about the habs.
The average fan is a moronic dip**** who is happy to shell out 800$ to watch a ****ty product and will continue to do so regardless of what steaming pile is on the ice. They are milking everyone based on the HISTORIC DYNASTY that is the habs and feeding us this trash now.

This horse has been beaten to death on these boards, but in the non-internet world, people still think the Habs are one peice from challenging for a cup, and John.T is going to be habs next season.
Morons..... that is your average fan. A dullard. :deadhorse

You must have a strange entourage because I don't know one soul around me that thinks everything is fine. Not a parent, not an uncle, not a cousin, not a friend, no co-workers, not even the shop guys. Noone can stand Bergevin, everybody miss Subban.

I think everything changed when they lost Radu and Signed Price to the huge contract. Radu was sort of the hero replacing Subban(or even going back to Kovalev). He was uber talented and emotive and combative like the fans had been starved for. And boom he leaves. And MB re-sign his little prince for huge money. Even though we went nowhere in the playoffs WITH Price. This is the time where the fans collectively opened their eyes.Plus the start of the season, etc...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I put a Post-It note on my office window to Fire Bergevin but all my co-workers said we should keep him for the next 20-years...

My Nashville team says the same.

In all seriousness, not to be a negative person, but no matter what we do, Bergevin is not being fired until end of season. Even if we play .300 hockey to wrap up the season.

I guess, if we play .300 or less, AND, he does a series of dumb trades that don’t improve on our record (not saying team, saying record), then maybe he’ll be sacked.

Truthfully, this is probably for the best. I’m no insider, but the best pro hockey candidates, regardless of language, are currently employed. Molson needs to wait until the offseason before talking. I suppose if he looks outside the hockey world, we could see a change, but I don’t have a feeling he’s going to explore that route.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The best way to protest is already underway.
When many fans loses interest, and they are, it's hurting the image, the pocket and the entire organisation.
Either have interesting players or a winning team...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The best way to protest is already underway.
When many fans loses interest, and they are, it's hurting the image, the pocket and the entire organisation.
Either have interesting players or a winning team...

Definitely on the mark about hurting the image. When I used to wear my Habs cap or jersey, I’d just be ridiculed or get looks of disgust. Now, people just laugh at me. I swear, if I had a penny for every time I heard “so, about those Habs” followed by a smirk, I’d still be a rich man.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
3 pronged approach:

- long term: stop going to games, buying merch. this takes a while to have an effect because of the ticket resellers market and season ticket sales.
- medium term: voice concerns on forums such as this, radio call-in shows, water cooler talk. change public sentiment and have it carry over to the media, and let it cycle.
- short term: embarrass the team. throw waffles and/or jerseys on the ice, signs in the BC, wear paper bags, chants in the crowds. These aren't my style, but sometimes they can be the tipping point.

Reactions: PaulD

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
You must have a strange entourage because I don't know one soul around me that thinks everything is fine. Not a parent, not an uncle, not a cousin, not a friend, no co-workers, not even the shop guys. Noone can stand Bergevin, everybody miss Subban.

I think everything changed when they lost Radu and Signed Price to the huge contract. Radu was sort of the hero replacing Subban(or even going back to Kovalev). He was uber talented and emotive and combative like the fans had been starved for. And boom he leaves. And MB re-sign his little prince for huge money. Even though we went nowhere in the playoffs WITH Price. This is the time where the fans collectively opened their eyes.Plus the start of the season, etc...

Yeah I think I do. My friends are hard MB supporters in northern/central ontario and they are as dumb as rocks when it comes to the habs. Perhaps I am baised.

I am happy to hear in your circle discontent exists. I hope some change is spurred from it.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
I think Bryson had it best before. I used to get fired up over the Habs, win or lose. Now I just don't care as much. MB and Molson incompetence have opened the door for me and family to find other forms of entertainment and ways to spend time. I will not sink my time and money into a franchise that just sees as a way to fatten its bank account. If the franchise doesn't truly care about winning and putting out the best product, why should I.

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
3 pronged approach:

- long term: stop going to games, buying merch. this takes a while to have an effect because of the ticket resellers market and season ticket sales.
- medium term: voice concerns on forums such as this, radio call-in shows, water cooler talk. change public sentiment and have it carry over to the media, and let it cycle.
- short term: embarrass the team. throw waffles and/or jerseys on the ice, signs in the BC, wear paper bags, chants in the crowds. These aren't my style, but sometimes they can be the tipping point.

that is a classic but a good one. Those always get some TV time.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
You guys know this is a kid's game, right? Where a bunch of grown men chase a puck up and down a sheet of ice?

I really like watching and playing hockey, but some people here need to take a step back and re-evaluate their commitment to it.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
You guys know this is a kid's game, right? Where a bunch of grown men chase a puck up and down a sheet of ice?

The top 4 NHL teams are all worth over $1 billion. Not exactly a lemonade stand.

Fans pay hundreds of dollars to see a single game, hundreds more on merchandising and at home viewing. If they want to voice their displeasure with the product, that's their right.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think Bryson had it best before. I used to get fired up over the Habs, win or lose. Now I just don't care as much. MB and Molson incompetence have opened the door for me and family to find other forms of entertainment and ways to spend time. I will not sink my time and money into a franchise that just sees as a way to fatten its bank account. If the franchise doesn't truly care about winning and putting out the best product, why should I.
Me too.
Have not watched a game this season. Montreal game that is.
Have not watched a full Habs game since (i think) play offs 015.

Not a boy cot. Just lost interest. Put them on TV and the Montreal Canadiens cannot hold my interest.

My family was in shock, disbelief , eventually saw it was for real. Wife loves it.

....and I get to the gym way more.

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016

That is my protest

Ditto, that is the same thing I do. I blacklisted all beers molson has anything to do with. Thank goodness craft brews exist, good beer and not a dime to molson. Costs a little more but worth it.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I really like watching and playing hockey, but some people here need to take a step back and re-evaluate their commitment to it.
what commitment ? 30 second posts on the death of a classy winning franchise. Hardly watching. Not spending a cent on tickets or sports package. And oh yea.....sometimes out and out laughing at the organization as whole? Yes quite a commitment. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad