*edited* What is the best method of protest to pressure Molson into firing MB?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
...we all bring our friends with pickets and signs, we let CTV news know about it. AND WE TAKE MATTERS INTO OUR OWN HANDS.

20uohn.jpg

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I'm surprised no one has thrown a jersey on the ice yet. I realy don't like the idea of disrespecting La Sainte Flanelle. I'ts not the CH's fault it's the clowns in power.
This is what needs to start happening, and with some regularity.

A protest on an off-day gets a 30-second blurb on the local news and is forgotten. Chants don't get heard on the TV broadcast. Fans wearing paper bags may not even be enough.

But a jersey, laying on the ice, in full view of TV cameras, on a Saturday night? And then again, and again, and again? That gets noticed. And gets talked about. And gets the questions flowing to the cronies about why it's happening. And most importantly - it embarrasses Molson. Molson's enough of a spineless weasel that he won't like being embarrassed one bit. It'll make him squirm & sweat and maybe even have to engage those otherwise unused brain cells and make him think about the why.

It's also poisonous for the brand to have jerseys thrown on the ice during games (I do think it was a significant tipping point in Toronto), and Molson's all about keeping that precious brand power strong so he can pimp all his merchandise and CH-related business affairs. Weaken the brand and it'll get his attention.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
On February 26th at 6 pm eastern after the trade deadline has passed....Bergevin will come out and hold his press conference and he will say.....we tried to do things but there were no centers available and it's hard to make trades it's not easy.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
On February 26th at 6 pm eastern after the trade deadline has passed....Bergevin will come out and hold his press conference and he will say.....we tried to do things but there were no centers available and it's hard to make trades it's not easy.
That might be better, than allowing him to make ANY deals.............hopefully he is fired before that, but....the foxholes are deep!!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
But keep spewing your shot SOUTHERNhab fan.
Take a closer look HABS178

Lots of those NFL venues with empty seats are in NORTHERN parts of the US.

Now what?

Keep your projections to yourself.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The last protest at the Bell Center was when Cunneyworth was the coach and a group form outside the BC for the organisation to be more french-oriented.

They got their wishes.....bunch of dumbass.

Having said that, although i won't fight the idea, my personal attachment to this organisation has been fading in the last 2 yrs, and faded enough so i won't even make an effort to create a protest.

My protest is everyday here and on twitter.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Up until a few months ago I'd be the first one in line. Never one to back down from a good cause or afraid to make a fool of himself in the process but right now there are just more important things in life than the habs. If this organization is hellbent on destroying this franchise then so be it

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Pretty sure the whole country and hockey world would be talking about it, it could work, CTV news showed up for the Kovalev protest and televised it.

The only reason why they would talk about it is to make fun of Montreal. Some people in the world are making protest for democracy, for justice, for environment, against poverty, corruption, terrorism or genocide, etc. Here, we want to protest against the general manager of a private hockey team because he arguably made a few bad moves. I'd be the first to be ashamed if this ever happens.

Seriously guys, keep your energy and anger for useful causes. There's plenty of them.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
There's more important things in life to protest. This is far from important, and a pathetic idea to say the very least.

Last edited:

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
Forget a protest, all you need is 1+ people throwing jersey's on the ice after games (maybe with an added insult to Bergevin) and you'll see traction. Unfortunately, I live a good 15 hour drive away and don't see anyone mustering up the courage to actually do something that brazen, bold and beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad