GDT: [ECSF Game 6] CAR@NYR- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HELL

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yes. I do.

I also look around the league and see teams like Tampa, Colorado and Edmonton’s best players show up regardless of where the game is played and wonder why our top guys can’t do that. Maybe I’m expecting too much.

Tampa is the 2-time defending Cup champion.

Both Colorado and Edmonton have just gotten a major monkey off of their back after having spent years hearing about how they can’t get over the hump. We’ve made the Conference Finals in the last few years. They haven’t.

In 2019, Tampa could’ve easily looked at us and said “why are Carolina’s players playing with swagger and killer instinct while we got swept in the first round?”

It’s always easier to look at a team having more success than you in the playoffs in a given year and say they’ve got more “whatever” (guts, winning mentality, etc.), but in reality this is a relatively short tournament with a lot of variance where the better team doesn’t always win, lots of players that are great play poorly, and lots of players that suck play great. Every fanbase that doesn’t win the Cup blames it on intangibles at some level, but at least 2 of those 3 teams you mentioned aren’t going to win the Cup, and then they’ll complain about how their own players don’t show up.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The broadcast piling on raanta its wild to me how there's not more narrative around him being the backup (and kind of a career backup) and playing mostly lights out in this tournament

He's been excellent. Was never meant to do what he's done. My armchair coaching opinion which means nothing... I think they could have given Pyotr a start or 2 on the road given we haven't won a single game. Pyotr let in 2 that weren't good tonight, but he looked good when he had a few starts in a row. I think the kid has talent. Goal tending is a f***ing crap shoot but I think he has the confidence to get it done.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
We don’t take kindly to bandwagoners around here. When you’ve been a Tampa fan for more than 5 min, let us know!

Actual fans of non-traditional markets support each other like brothers. Remember I'm a Coyotes fan who's here in solidarity. In other words, pay no attention to this fool. Or, I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad