GDT: [ECSF GAME 5] NYR@CAR- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Dave Chappelle Prince gif.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Holy shit that Svech goal, guys. Not only does he torch Norris Trophy winner Adam Fox, he managed to sauce the puck over Igor's stick but under his dick, all while at full speed and on his backhand.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL VENGEANCE
Over the stick and under he dick is what might have happened if Gary Moore didn't have a good producer and manager.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
2 best defensive teams in the league playing eachother.

Both fanbases: Why can't we score!!?!?!?

While true, in this particular game, the Canes inability to score had nothing to do with defense. They f***ed up multiple 2-on-1s, 3-on-1s, 2-on-0s due to bad decision making, and hit how many posts?

Really felt like the kind of game we'd find a way to lose.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
2 best defensive teams in the league playing eachother.

Both fanbases: Why can't we score!!?!?!?
If you watched any of the Cal v. Edm series, you will quickly see the difference in the defense being played between series. The defending in the west is non existent and the goaltending isn't any better.
Canes just need to get to their game on the road and they will be fine.
At this point, they are a better team than the Rangers. Rangers are young and and a couple of their players have disappeared. I don't see this going past 6.

Slavin with 27:12 ice time tonight. First time he’s eclipsed 25+ minutes these playoffs. No wonder why the defense felt in control all game.
Guy is a stud and grossly under rated.

Deon Thompson

Feb 27, 2022
While true, in this particular game, the Canes inability to score had nothing to do with defense. They f***ed up multiple 2-on-1s, 3-on-1s, 2-on-0s due to bad decision making, and hit how many posts?

This is not a super popular opinion, and is probably biased by being a goalie, but I think that most post hits are more indicative of great goalie positioning than anything else.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This is not a super popular opinion, and is probably biased by being a goalie, but I think that most post hits are more indicative of great goalie positioning than anything else.
Some. Not most. Most bars and posts have the two inches free next to them that would have allowed the goal, it seems like to me. But it's a fair argument.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Am I the only one still waiting for TDA to make a difference in a game? He was OK last night, but we have not seen him at his best yet. He HAS to be the one to put the nail in the NYR coffin, right? Would love to see it.
TDA has been rough. I think he is trying too hard to beat his old team and that is throwing his game off. If he’d settle and not force things, he would do better. Rangers are also closing on the point quickly to prevent him from making plays too.

Reactions: Tryamw

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021

Well, Aho had two posts, too. It could've easily been wider margin in goals for Canes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad