ECQF Game 5 : Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It will be interesting to see if Bergeron is still hard matched against Matthews with those lines. Almost like Babcock is trying to see how much he has to weaken the Matthews line before the Bruins consider a different line more dangerous and a higher priority to stop.

Reactions: Andrew83

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Do people still think the Bruins have no chance against the Leafs because the Bruins are too slow, have no depth, defense and goalies are about equal, they lost the regular season series, and they'll skate circles around Chara or are opinions starting to change?

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
It will be interesting to see if Bergeron is still hard matched against Matthews with those lines. Almost like Babcock is trying to see how much he has to weaken the Matthews line before the Bruins consider a different line more dangerous and a higher priority to stop.
I mean, you’d have to think the Kadri line is their most dangerous line now. Marner has been their best player, Marleau has been solid (2G and A), and Kadri probably owes his team a stellar performance. But yes, this seems specifically intended to cause Cassidy to re-think matching the Matthews line.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Do people still think the Bruins have no chance against the Leafs because the Bruins are too slow, have no depth, defense and goalies are about equal, they lost the regular season series, and they'll skate circles around Chara

Yup.
Go leafs go!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Gonna go out on a limb and say the Leafs season ends tonight.

Bruins have out classed the Leafs in every aspect outside of being terrible. Bruins are severely under rated as a legit Cup Contender and this cake walk of a series fully established them, imo.

As for the Leafs, they got pansted, plain and simple. For all their unmatched depth, they crumbled against proven playoff warriors and a hungry team. That falls on coaching. Babs true talent came out when he didn't have a defenseman like Lidstrom on the back end coaching for him. Leafs look lost.

Disappointed

Series ain’t over by any stretch. This Bruins fan remembers being on both sides of epic collapses so I can’t view this as a cakewalk at all.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Do people still think the Bruins have no chance against the Leafs because the Bruins are too slow, have no depth, defense and goalies are about equal, they lost the regular season series, and they'll skate circles around Chara or are opinions starting to change?
Can I play this game too! Do people still think Marner is the next Yakupv?

Reactions: Metroid

Cotton

May 13, 2013

I think most people now assume Bruins are moving on, problem is this series was lost by Toronto, results are what you’d want them to be as a Bruins fan, but I wouldn’t be too confident considering the opposition gifted it to you.

Reactions: bearcountry17

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think most people now assume Bruins are moving on, problem is this series was lost by Toronto, results are what you’d want them to be as a Bruins fan, but I wouldn’t be too confident considering the opposition gifted it to you.

Lol. Leaf fan hot takes and narratives continue to be the worse. Heard it here folks, Bruins don't deserve credit for this win, Toronto beat themselves obviously!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
upload_2018-4-21_0-33-29-png.115773
This is great.......

A Truly National Holiday! The rest of Canada rejoices for the coming of Leafs Elimination Day!

Reactions: Snowman

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
I wouldn't be surprised with pretty well any result. Them leafs have a history of winning enough to give hope but losing when it's in their hands, so I still think B's in 7 is possible. That said, B's in 5 is also quite likely. Or, my more cynical scenario is that the Leafs win in 7, go all the way to the cup final, and lose to Vegas, the only thing being remembered would be a loss to an expansion team. It would be made into a movie, and the cup winning goal goes to Dion Phaneuf.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Lol. Leaf fan hot takes and narratives continue to be the worse. Heard it here folks, Bruins don't deserve credit for this win, Toronto beat themselves obviously!
They don’t deserve credit for it being this easy. The leafs haven’t shown up for the series thus far.

This was supposed to be all out war. If Boston won that all out war late in game 7, we’d probably say kudos. Just as you all would probably say it to us.

If Boston just didn’t show up for the series, I’m 100% certain you all would be pointing that out as well.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Game 1 Bruins dominated
Game 2 the officials never even gave the leafs a chance from the start
Game 3 was close and the leafs got the bounces in their favour
Game 4 Bruins were dominated for the first 40 mins and Rask put on a clinic and stole it

My point is a lot of the critiques about the bruins before the series started are still true. The question is gonna be, will Rask be able to keep up his play. And if the bruins advance, if they allow those kind of shots and breakdowns in front will other teams star players fail to convert ?

The leafs D has been horrible, as good as the bruins top line has been the leafs right D specifically has been equally as bad.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They don’t deserve credit for it being this easy. The leafs haven’t shown up for the series thus far.

This was supposed to be all out war. If Boston won that all out war late in game 7, we’d probably say kudos. Just as you all would probably say it to us.

If Boston just didn’t show up for the series, I’m 100% certain you all would be pointing that out as well.

It's only supposed to be an all out war by Leaf fans who overrated their team to think they are on equal footing to a better team in the Bruins. Many predicted that the better team would just be better. Which is playing out exactly like that in this series.

Bruins are the better team. I said it before this series started. There's nothing surprising about their ability to shut down the Leafs overrated stars and theirs nothing surprising about one of the leagues best lines (Marchands) running circles around the Leafs "defence"

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Did you ever think that maybe the Bruins are just better and that's why it looks like Toronto hasn't "shown up"?

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Hoping my Bruins can close this series. Don't want a repeat of 2013. Only so many miracles can be used lol. I gotta say that Leafs 2nd line looks plenty dangerous. The others I think we can deal with but that 2nd one might prove to be the difference tonight. Hope the Bruins come out flying and control the game, if nothing else for my own heart health.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
It's only supposed to be an all out war by Leaf fans who overrated their team to think they are on equal footing to a better team in the Bruins. Many predicted that the better team would just be better. Which is playing out exactly like that in this series.

Bruins are the better team. I said it before this series started. There's nothing surprising about their ability to shut down the Leafs overrated stars and theirs nothing surprising about one of the leagues best lines (Marchands) running circles around the Leafs "defence"
Didn’t pretty much everybody other than leafs and bruins fans think this would be the closest series of the first round? Most evenly matched teams? Wasn’t pretty much everybody saying that?

Nobody thought that Nylander and Matthews literally wouldn’t show up. Nobody thought Andersen’s save percentage would drop by almost .050

Boston I’m showed up for the series. Leafs didn’t. Kudos to Boston for showing up. Shouldn’t you just be happy that it was your team that showed up?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Didn’t pretty much everybody other than leafs and bruins fans think this would be the closest series of the first round? Most evenly matched teams? Wasn’t pretty much everybody saying that?

Nobody thought that Nylander and Matthews literally wouldn’t show up. Nobody thought Andersen’s save percentage would drop by almost .050

Boston I’m showed up for the series. Leafs didn’t. Kudos to Boston for showing up. Shouldn’t you just be happy that it was your team that showed up?

The Bruins system, defence, and stars are the reason the Leafs didn't show up. Give credit where credit is due. Not everything that happens in hockey is the result of whatever the Leafs do or don't do.

member 147413

I’m glad the Leafs playing terrible brings more joy to other fans than their own teams success or lack thereof.

All these fan insults are ok and not considered trolling. Posters are not at all trying to get a reaction out of Leafs’ fans and these posts are all relevant to the series.

Good thing HF has such an unbias system to regulate posts, which allows for all the quality discussion.

The leafs victim mentality is strong as ever.

But no! I just feel this way because of “The Leafs victim mentality”. Boy how could I be so stupid to not realize people do not wish poorly upon Leafs and their fans, it is simply a mentality.

A Truly National Holiday! The rest of Canada rejoices for the coming of Leafs Elimination Day!

I must be seeing things again, this post doesn’t follow the HF agenda. It is simply a Leafs victim mentality causing me to see this.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Did you ever think that maybe the Bruins are just better and that's why it looks like Toronto hasn't "shown up"?
I saw all these guys play every game of their 105 point season. The players I saw for 82 games this season haven’t shown up yet.

Last year in the playoffs pretty much every leaf fan agreed that the leafs showed up, even though we lost soundly in 6. Credit was just given to the Caps for having the better team.

This year is different though. Leafs haven’t shown up. I don’t know why that’s upsetting to you. I really really wish it was the other way around and it was the Bruins who weren’t showing up.

If rask was playing like an idiot and your top line was just floating around like morons, I’d just say “Wow, thankfully Boston made this easy on us. On to round two”.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m glad the Leafs playing terrible brings more joy to other fans than their own teams success or lack thereof.

All these fan insults are ok and not considered trolling. Posters are not at all trying to get a reaction out of Leafs’ fans and these posts are all relevant to the series.

Good thing HF has such an unbias system to regulate posts, which allows for all the quality discussion.

But no! I just feel this way because of “The Leafs victim mentality”. Boy how could I be so stupid to not realize people do not wish poorly upon Leafs and their fans, it is simply a mentality.

I must be seeing things again, this post doesn’t follow the HF agenda. It is simply a Leafs victim mentality causing me to see this.

No your right, Leafs and Leaf fans are hated by more hockey fans than any other fanbase. Look in the mirror and ask why? Hint: it's not cause Matthews is good, he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad