ECQF Game 5 : Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I’m glad the Leafs playing terrible brings more joy to other fans than their own teams success or lack thereof.

All these fan insults are ok and not considered trolling. Posters are not at all trying to get a reaction out of Leafs’ fans and these posts are all relevant to the series.

Good thing HF has such an unbias system to regulate posts, which allows for all the quality discussion.

But no! I just feel this way because of “The Leafs victim mentality”. Boy how could I be so stupid to not realize people do not wish poorly upon Leafs and their fans, it is simply a mentality.

I must be seeing things again, this post doesn’t follow the HF agenda. It is simply a Leafs victim mentality.

You think the leafs are playing terrible?

member 147413

Bruins have been better than the Leafs.

They’ve taken advantage of poor play by Andersen and frequent mistakes by our d core.

Our stars haven’t played to the level we have seen from them in the past.

Our PP and PK have been abysmal, not even close to what we’re capable of.

Bruins deserve credit for taking advantage of the Leafs mistakes and poor play.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
the better team is going to win this series

it's unlikely the leafs will be the better team

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The Bruins system, defence, and stars are the reason the Leafs didn't show up. Give credit where credit is due. Not everything that happens in hockey is the result of whatever the Leafs do or don't do.
I’m giving Boston credit for showing up. I’m disgusted at the leafs for not showing up.

Dont you get that this is WORSE for us Toronto fans? Our players refusing to even show up says something much worse about our players than for them to simply being outplayed.

I WISH this was just Boston being a better team. I’d say “we’re young. We’ll grow.” But right now (given that they haven’t even shown up), I question our young cores charcter. I question if they’ll ever be built for this.

member 147413

You think the leafs are playing terrible?
They’ve possessed the puck well, but the Bruins are doing a good job defensively of closing off lanes and blocking shots. Rask has played well but hasn’t been challenged much.

Andersen has given up a lot of really weak goals. The Leafs defence has given up a ton of high quality scoring chances with very weak defensive play.

Bruins are one of the top puck moving teams and the Leafs reaction positioning has been too slow.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m giving Boston credit for showing up. I’m disgusted at the leafs for not showing up.

Dont you get that this is WORSE for us Toronto fans? Our players refusing to even show up says something much worse about our players than for them to simply being outplayed.

I WISH this was just Boston being a better team. I’d say “we’re young. We’ll grow.” But right now (given that they haven’t even shown up), I question our young cores charcter. I question if they’ll ever be built for this.

Your right, the Leafs young players character should be a big red flag right now. Especially since they won't even take a post game media interviews. But your acting like the Leafs are just as good of an overall team as Boston if they showed up. Your acting like the Leafs not showing up has nothing to do with how good these Bs are, that's kind of an annoying narrative.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
They’ve possessed the puck well, but the Bruins are doing a good job defensively of closing off lanes and blocking shots. Rask has played well but hasn’t been challenged much.

Andersen has given up a lot of really weak goals. The Leafs defence has given up a ton of high quality scoring chances with very weak defensive play.

Bruins are one of the top puck moving teams and the Leafs reaction positioning has been too slow.

So you don't think the leafs are playing terrible?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

your entire post is just a comforting perspective to avoid the truth

white lies are good for us sometimes though

Reactions: TheNumber4

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
It's only supposed to be an all out war by Leaf fans who overrated their team to think they are on equal footing to a better team in the Bruins. Many predicted that the better team would just be better. Which is playing out exactly like that in this series.

Bruins are the better team. I said it before this series started. There's nothing surprising about their ability to shut down the Leafs overrated stars and theirs nothing surprising about one of the leagues best lines (Marchands) running circles around the Leafs "defence"
Overrated ? Get out of here. You’re blind. They’re sophomores, it’s their second year in the playoffs. Luckily, this team will have a chance every year and will only get better.

member 147413

No your right, Leafs and Leaf fans are hated by more hockey fans than any other fanbase. Look in the mirror and ask why? Hint: it's not cause Matthews is good, he is.
A lot of Leafs fans were cocky and childish. After losing these games, it’s quieted them/us.

As a result, cocky and childish fans of other teams come out from hiding to mock Leafs fans.

As a result, cocky and childish Leafs fans will come back louder when the Leafs see success, and they will.

People are responsible for their own actions.

It’s not “Leafs fans fault” that they’re hated and mocked. It’s a cycle of childish bickering, yet it’s painted only as “Leafs fans victim mentality” or “Leafs fans deserve it”.

Reactions: Metroid

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Overrated ? Get out of here. You’re blind. They’re sophomores, it’s their second year in the playoffs. Luckily, this team will have a chance every year and will only get better.
or they could become a perennial first round exit team

or a yo-yo that misses every other year

don't put limitations on these young guys to be "just one thing"

Reactions: Jdavidev

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I was told the Leafs would be better after losing to perennial playoff chokers the Washington Capitals. Unfortunately the team and their sophomore players have all been worse.

Reactions: Mpasta

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Did you ever think that maybe the Bruins are just better and that's why it looks like Toronto hasn't "shown up"?

They can't see this because in Leaf land they think everything that happens in hockey is cause of the Leafs.

Or.. It's because Leaf fans have seen this teams highs and lows and know what they look like when they are on their game. They have a certain swagger.. They kind of had it for parts of the last few games, but Freddy needs to be more solid and less shaky and the team needs to stop thinking and just play. We've been dominated and we've dominated. Fans know when the team skates and makes those high skill plays that the Bruins can't keep up.. That was obvious for 40 minutes yesterday until they got two goals on mistakes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A lot of Leafs fans were cocky and childish. After losing these games, it’s quieted them/us.

As a result, cocky and childish fans of other teams come out from hiding to mock Leafs fans.

As a result, cocky and childish Leafs fans will come back louder when the Leafs see success, and they will.

People are responsible for their own actions.

It’s not “Leafs fans fault” that they’re hated and mocked. It’s a cycle of childish bickering, yet it’s painted only as “Leafs fans victim mentality” or “Leafs fans deserve it”.

So you do agree that Leaf fans started it.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I don't think there were a group of fans that were happier that the Jets were coming back to the league than Leafs fans. It gave us a fresh Canadian team in the opposite conference to cheer for. But, Jets fans just had to fit in with everyone else and **** on the Leafs every chance they could get. You guys make it real hard to cheer for you.

Not to mention a good chunk of their key players were back from the Thrasher days(Little, Buff, Wheeler), they shouldn’t be gloating

member 147413

So you don't think the leafs are playing terrible?
I think Boston is the more experienced team and it shows.

I think players have made mistakes at poor times.

I don’t think Boston has dominated or “outclassed” Toronto the whole series or even for more than a 5-10 minute stretch during a game.

Toronto is not playing nearly as well as they can.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I really want the Leafs to come back just due to the comments in this thread. The worst part is not losing it's dealing with "fans" the rest of the year who just pick on Leaf fans more than usual.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Leafs forward group changed up for game 5.

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Plekanec-Nylander

member 147413

So you do agree that Leaf fans started it.
No, I’m suggesting it’s a cycle. I don’t know where it started.

The “not since 67” jokes have been running strong since before the Leafs were good.

Are you suggesting Leafs fans shouldn’t ever have hope or be excited about their team?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I think Boston is the more experienced team and it shows.

I think players have made mistakes at poor times.

I don’t think Boston has dominated or “outclassed” Toronto the whole series or even for more than a 5-10 minute stretch during a game.

Toronto is not playing nearly as well as they can.

I think you can forgive posters if they find you confusing and might not take you as serious as you'd like.

You claimed the leafs are playing terrible and have been contradicting yourself, in posts 5 minutes later and have a hard time clearly stating your views.

You're just hard to follow and prone to exaggeration it seems.

Reactions: Jdavidev

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

The “not since 67” jokes have been running strong since before the Leafs were good.

Are you suggesting Leafs fans shouldn’t ever have hope or be excited about their team?

I'm saying the Leaf fans hopes and excitement for their own team shouldn't include the downplaying of other teams and other superstars just to make the Leafs look better. This is probably reason one why Jets fans, Oilers fans, and most other fan bases are more annoyed by Leaf fans than anyone else.

It's not enough that Matthews is good, he has to be better than Laine, better than McDavid, it's sad.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

i believe the suggestion is they should cope with losing better by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad