ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So is this another Andersen implosion ala games 1-2 or is this Rask going full Tuukka Time?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Its go time for Leafs and Bruins winning every puck battle.

Think Leafs might have missed their window — came out hard charging, no Bergeron, Rask beat them.

They look beat now.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Other than Lilligren who do they have coming on D because if that is it I don't know.

The windows close fast when you have to pay these players nowadays. Pens got lucky with timing when they got Crosby and Malkin locked up when they did, they may be the last team to be able to afford three superstars at once.
Liljergen, Dermott(plenty of growing to do), Borgman, Rosen all on he Marlies this year. They’ve got another young Russian UFA on the way as well(can’t remember his name).

Much more concerned about their center depth going forward than defensive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t pick a single winger this coming draft.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Other than Lilligren who do they have coming on D because if that is it I don't know.

The windows close fast when you have to pay these players nowadays. Pens got lucky with timing when they got Crosby and Malkin locked up when they did, they may be the last team to be able to afford three superstars at once.
At some point they are going to have to move one of Marner or Nylander for some defensive help. JVR and Bozak likely both gone too.

Reactions: Snowman

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
2 more shifts and the Leafs pull the goalie.
giphy.gif

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Liljergen, Dermott(plenty of growing to do), Borgman, Rosen all on he Marlies this year. They’ve got another young Russian UFA on the way as well(can’t remember his name).

Much more concerned about their center depth going forward than defensive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t pick a single winger this coming draft.

Seriously?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
That's exactly my point, the Bruins broke down numerous times early in this game but Rask made some timely saves. The leafs also made some bad decisions with the puck (over passing)

On any "good goal" there is a defensive break down from the opposing teams perspective.
the only real breakdown from the bruins that I noticed was the marner/Marleau 2v1 in the first... the leafs have had their chances but to call them overt breakdowns on the bruins part would be a bit disingenous in my book. It's not like Toronto has had the open net looks that Boston has

you're not wrong about Rask playing great though... he really dug in strong in the first when the leafs were all pumped up. It's nothing new for a road playoff game, however. Road team always has to weather the storm early on

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
WELP, glad I'm wasted to borderline unconsciousness for this one.

I loooove Boston but goddamnit I hate the Bruins why y'all gotta be so good and shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad