ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The leafs have dominated 5 on 5 play, Rask was the difference early.

1st goal was bad and 100% on Andersen

2 goals on a 2 on 1 that the defence was absolutely brutal on

Keys to the game for Boston or throughout the whole series i should say

- Good goaltending
- Converting on their chances

Leafs have neither of those. Bad goaltending and they cannot find a way to convert on their chances.
it's not just goaltending and conversion, their d were legit responsible for the breadowns on goals 2 and 3. they're not always going to be able to rely on team speed, because if they don't have the lead it all gets shut down in the neutral zone by a well employed 1-3-1.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Other than Lilligren who do they have coming on D because if that is it I don't know.

The windows close fast when you have to pay these players nowadays. Pens got lucky with timing when they got Crosby and Malkin locked up when they did, they may be the last team to be able to afford three superstars at once.
They won't be. Teams will find ways of signing superstars.

As for the Leafs, they've got a lot of time to figure things out. Really young team. Adding a blueliner isn't that big a deal. They'll land one.

Reactions: ThewThew

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
The leafs have dominated 5 on 5 play, Rask was the difference early.

1st goal was bad and 100% on Andersen

2 goals on a 2 on 1 that the defence was absolutely brutal on

Keys to the game for Boston or throughout the whole series i should say

- Good goaltending
- Converting on their chances

Leafs have neither of those. Bad goaltending and they cannot find a way to convert on their chances.
Or ...

Boston > Toronto. Saved you some unnecessary words.

Reactions: Diehardsharks408

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Like I said before the game..... last year we saw Pittsburgh win a key game 4 without Crosby, so don’t be surprised if Boston wins.

We have seen teams step up in a spot like this when a key player can’t go.

Hell, Anaheim won a couple of playoff games in their 2007 Cup Run in which Pronger was suspended.

Chicago won game 4 of the 2013 West Finals in this same spot (win first 2 at home, drop game 3 on the road) without Duncan Keith.

The most famous example was the 1992 Penguins coming back from a 2-1 deficit in round 2 vs the 1st place overall Rangers without Mario Lemieux AND Joe Mullen with 3 straight wins, plus another in the Wales Finals.

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This is what happens when you don’t bury a team when you have the chance. Leafs D has been terrible, and Andy looked like a fish out of water on that third goal, even on a 2 on 1.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Not too mention never taking ownership of his bad play.

Not I GOT TO BE BETTER, he never says that, he just says **** happens.

I THINK he's believing his own BS from the Leafs media.

Not captain Material.
At least you have something to cheer for these playoffs.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
it's not just goaltending and conversion, their d were legit responsible for the breadowns on goals 2 and 3. they're not always going to be able to rely on team speed, because if they don't have the lead it all gets shut down in the neutral zone by a well employed 1-3-1.

That's exactly my point, the Bruins broke down numerous times early in this game but Rask made some timely saves. The leafs also made some bad decisions with the puck (over passing)

On any "good goal" there is a defensive break down from the opposing teams perspective.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
It's really not surprising to me a player who has never cracked 30 assists, only has 1 point in these 4 playoff games.

All year I heard a small group harp how he's better than McDavid and always used his playoff stats to reinforce their argument.

Matthews has been pretty invisible up until last game, as of now I'd rank Marleau above him

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can see why the Bruins took Jake Debrusk. He's the prototypical Bruin. Team first, lots of heart, selfless, all around player. Just a rookie, they have a good one here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

As for the Leafs, they've got a lot of time to figure things out. Really young team. Adding a blueliner isn't that big a deal. They'll land one.

Certainly reasonable to expect them to be able to.

Thing is, they take a while to groom and the "Studs on ELCs" window is not gonna be open much longer.

No dynasty for Toronto. HF lives on.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

I don't know, look what happened with Panarin and the Hawks. Two guys talking up so much of your cap hit and there just isn't room for number three. Time will tell I guess and the Leafs will be first up with Matthews, Nylander and Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad