ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
If that's what you got out of my post then sure buddy
As I have said before the Leafs are simply not a legitimate Cup contender at this time. A lot of holes despite the tinted shades worn by so many Leafs fans.

Overall team defense and lack of quality D is so apparent.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As I have said before the Leafs are simply not a legitimate Cup contender at this time. A lot of holes despite the tinted shades worn by so many Leafs fans.

Overall team defense and lack of quality D is so apparent.
They have years and years of great hockey ahead of them...

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
20 years old...

Leadership and performance have no age restriction...I've seen 20 years olds that are better leaders than veterans. I've also seen 20 year olds outperform veterans.

Matthews will be arguably one of the best players for the next decade...he's been f***ing awful when they needed him to step up this series.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Has any team actually converted with the extra attacker trailing late?

Not an actual empty netter (ie Winnipeg game 3 vs. Minnesota), but scoring 6-on-5/4/3 whatever.

Last year, we had a lot of such goals. This year? Maybe 1 (Knights/Kings game 3)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Don Sweeney and Joe Sakic are TWO GM's that people ripped or rip on and they really shouldn't.

Recent play has indicated this.

Debrusk has been solid all year.
A lot of us thought highly of Konecny, Barzal and Connor. Sweeney wasn’t the only one to pass on them however and blame is really on the scouts.
But imagine if they went with the hfboards sweetheart prospects that time...

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They have years and years of great hockey ahead of them...

Other than maybe the 2006 Hurricanes, most recent Cup winners until Pittsburgh's repeat last year have had a frustrating playoff loss or two the year before a Cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad