Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
I was at the ACC for game 3. Ive never heard that building that loud/electric before, and ive been going to games since it opened. The Matthews goal in particular and the few minutes that followed? Goosebumps

Not sure what you are on about regarding "atmosphere". It was superb.
agree it was louder at the ACC

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Cityswiper is right. I was at all 3 games live. At TD in row 6 behind net watching Leafs shoot twice. At ACC in row 6 behind penalty box. There is no comparison in cheering between the 2 buildings. TD almost everyone wears a Bruins jersey and jeans. It is way louder at TD.

However what everyone may not realize is I paid $260US (face value was $210) for my ticket at TD and that was on aftermarket. At ACC I paid $760US (face value was $588CDN)) for my ticket on the aftermarket. It costs TRIPLE at ACC. So guess what happens. Don't think too hard. Most of fans are suits at ACC going to game after work.

Boston prices the tickets so the average guy can go if he really wants to go. Now if you want Celtic tickets that is an entirely different ball game for pricing much closer to ACC like. Same with raptors here I got offered 2 Raps platinum tickets last night for 500. I could not go but prices for basketball here make it affordable for the average guy to take his kid.

All it says is basketball is the market driver in Boston. In Toronto it is hockey.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Cityswiper is right. I was at all 3 games live. At TD in row 6 behind net watching Leafs shoot twice. At ACC in row 6 behind penalty box. There is no comparison in cheering between the 2 buildings. TD almost everyone wears a Bruins jersey and jeans. It is way louder at TD.

However what everyone may not realize is I paid $260US (face value was $210) for my ticket at TD and that was on aftermarket. At ACC I paid $760US (face value was $588CDN)) for my ticket on the aftermarket. It costs TRIPLE at ACC. So guess what happens. Don't think too hard. Most of fans are suits at ACC going to game after work.

Boston prices the tickets so the average guy can go if he really wants to go. Now if you want Celtic tickets that is an entirely different ball game for pricing much closer to ACC like. Same with raptors here I got offered 2 Raps platinum tickets last night for 500. I could not go but prices for basketball here make it affordable for the average guy to take his kid.

All it says is basketball is the market driver in Boston. In Toronto it is hockey.

100%

Playoff games in Toronto are louder than regular season games in Toronto but no comparison with more “fan driven” attendance markets.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The difference in atmosphere between the ACC & Boston was night and day. Just embarrassing. Leafs front office has to find a way to get rid of the suits.
Obviously the Leafs ( legally nor morally) cannot stop suits from showing up halfway through the period. Nor force them to watch the games. My point is that in Boston you see fans of all ages wearing sweaters in the first few rows. Beers in hand. Shouting like crazy. The difference is night and day.

No one who's been in the building would share these thoughts.
Buy a ticket and see for yourself.

Funny, my seats are second last row and had a Bruin fan(from Boston) right in front of me. He was back late for every period and spent most of the game on his phone. Probably a suit in disguise.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Funny, my seats are second last row and had a Bruin fan(from Boston) right in front of me. He was back late for every period and spent most of the game on his phone. Probably a suit in disguise.

I’ve been in the building. I’ve been on the road. I share his thoughts.

toasterart

Mar 31, 2015
yeah seemed pretty lively on TV anyway. actually too much so when fans are SINGING ALONG to SWEET CAROLINE which is somehow being played in Toronto in a playoff game being played against a team from BOSTON

To be fair, I heard Boston playing "Living on a Prayer" against us, and that's kind of a Mitch Marner thing now... maybe the teams are trying to bug each other

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Should note for anybody who watches om tv that the ACC arena volume always seems to be turned down compared to the broadcast volume.

I can clearly hear what players yell on ice at a lot of rinks, but almost never at the ACC which is either due to a louder crowd or lower on ice mics (which would make the crowd seem quieter than they are). I thought there were lots of go leafs go chants and cheering during big opportunities/goals. Just because they are quiet while the game is going on (holding their breath), doesnt mean the crowd isnt loud.

Did anybody watch the LA game? I watched the 2nd and 3rd periods and heard very little (i think none?) GO LA chants or anything else. That place was SUPER quiet.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Soc

Soccer is a different sport. Making constant noise is common for any team (why most people hate vuvuzelas) and is part of the soccer culture.

Well I can tell you from games coast to coast, fans in most markets don’t need prompts. San Jose (vs Calgary) was jumping. Tampa was electric (vs Chicago and Leafs). I’ll even make some enemies with this but given a choice of Toronto vs Montreal in Toronto or Montreal, Montreal hands down every time.

We are the quietest building in Canada. Vancouver a close second most nights, imo

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
yeah seemed pretty lively on TV anyway. actually too much so when fans are SINGING ALONG to SWEET CAROLINE which is somehow being played in Toronto in a playoff game being played against a team from BOSTON

There is nothing to see here. They have been playing Sweet Caroline EVERY single home game since last season during the last or 2nd last commercial break of the 3rd period....

Reactions: Eb

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Soc

Soccer is a different sport. Making constant noise is common for any team (why most people hate vuvuzelas) and is part of the soccer culture.
and no commercial breaks, play is on going....apples and elephants

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Well I can tell you from games coast to coast, fans in most markets don’t need prompts. San Jose (vs Calgary) was jumping. Tampa was electric (vs Chicago and Leafs). I’ll even make some enemies with this but given a choice of Toronto vs Montreal in Toronto or Montreal, Montreal hands down every time.

We are the quietest building in Canada. Vancouver a close second most nights, imo

They have the prompts on every single game. If you ever watch a stream of the game you'll see how often they have them going (at the end of nearly every commercial break). Thry just don't like to show them playing on live tv so tjat you just think the arena is loud on its own.

Either way i dont care for constantly loud arenas. Just means the fans are drunk or just making noise for the sake of it instead of for cheering the Leafs on. Id prefer a crowd that is quieter, but erupts at the big moments (Goals and momentum swingining plays; see Matthews goal and Andersens big saves in the 3rd) and cheers the team on when they need a little help (during our pK) which the TOR crowd did exceptionally well last game.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

More than half those "suits" played hockey as kids. Go figure they grew up got jobs and can afford to go to hockey games in an expensive hockey market. (supply and demand). It's very shocking though that business professionals don't want to paint their bodies blue and white and show off their beer belly's.

ITT: People who don't want to pay the price of admission complain about people that do and then resort to complaining that not enough topless drunks are yelling at the top of their lungs. If only our business professional class fan could become Nashville 85-100iq WWE / Military Grunt class and chant in perfect sync. The custom chants, loud responses and a good DJ go along well with a hockey game. We have perfectly loud responses, 1 for 3 isn't bad I guess.

Worst DJ in all of Hockey. He does not even play music for the average age of our fans. Disco, seriously are the people in those stands 60-70? I think not.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They have the prompts on every single game. If you ever watch a stream of the game you'll see how often they have them going (at the end of nearly every commercial break). Thry just don't like to show them playing on live tv so tjat you just think the arena is loud on its own.

Either way i dont care for constantly loud arenas. Just means the fans are drunk or just making noise for the sake of it instead of for cheering the Leafs on. Id prefer a crowd that is quieter, but erupts at the big moments (Goals and momentum swingining plays; see Matthews goal and Andersens big saves in the 3rd) and cheers the team on when they need a little help (during our pK) which the TOR crowd did exceptionally well last game.
Correct, every rink everywhere prompts the fans.
From my view, everyone was on the edge of their seats and many, many times people jumped up at the appropriate times. I know we were up and down a lot.

Biggest difference from Boston to the ACC is the Anthem singer pumps the crowd to start the game where Martina in her cuteness blows us a kiss.
Start of the second in Boston was no different then the ACC, quiet crowd empty seats.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I really want to see Kapanen get a breakaway goal.
0/2 with 1 solid post.
I love watching him burn past the Bruins D as they look like they are standing still.
I have a feeling he will have a few more attempts on Gardiner stretch passes. Or Johnsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad