Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
HUGE game tonight! Let's take it a period at a time. Best way to look at it. Do your best to win each period, especially at home. Keep the neutral zone tight, gaps tight, and capitalize on turnovers and mistakes.

Anxious to see the starting lineup tonight!

Go Leafs Go!

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I hope we can show a heck of a lot more tonight at home. Getting thoroughly embarrassed two games in a row should be enough of a wake up call. If not, then there’s more wrong with this team than I’d have hoped.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Does it matter how large threads get anymore? The one on the main board is at 4k posts...

It does from a MOD/Admin management perspective.

Sometimes posts are reported (flaming/trolling etc) in big long threads that are days/weeks old and that requires cleanup as well as all quoted posts. Thread cleanups of long threads is better with a close and move on to the more current one as active threads keeps everyone busy enough.

Closing the thread and opening newer more manageable ones makes for monitoring easier and more relevant to current discussions. Also large threads filled with GIFs and pictures and tweets slows down loading for some users.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It does from a MOD/Admin management perspective.

Sometimes posts are reported (flaming/trolling etc) in big long threads that are days/weeks old and that requires cleanup as well as all quoted posts. Thread cleanups of long threads is better with a close and move on to the more current one as active threads keeps everyone busy enough.

Closing the thread and opening newer more manageable ones makes for monitoring easier and more relevant to current discussions. Also large threads filled with GIFs and pictures and tweets slows down loading for some users.
Fair enough although Daisy did a good job keeping the title up to date.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not trying to detract from the win, but holy smokes do we have to be the worst team at clearing the zone. The number of times our D pound it off the boards only to go right to a Bruins point man is crazy. Or it doesnt even make the blue line and the forward picks it up off the wall. Just infuriating.

Reactions: marty111

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not trying to detract from the win, but holy smokes do we have to be the worst team at clearing the zone. The number of times our D pound it off the boards only to go right to a Bruins point man is crazy. Or it doesnt even make the blue line and the forward picks it up off the wall. Just infuriating.

Icing the puck cannot be the default play here.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

The Leaf forwards don't always cover the points. Nylander will often wait more in open ice and wants to actually stay clear of the point so he can breakaway rather then perform a job defensively.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I cringe every time I see Zaitsev or Polak behind the net with the puck. Time and space means nothing to those two. They just rip it along the boards and hope for the best. Zaitsev still looks scared tbh. The injuries have gotten to his head.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I cringe every time I see Zaitsev or Polak behind the net with the puck. Time and space means nothing to those two. They just rip it along the boards and hope for the best. Zaitsev still looks scared tbh. The injuries have gotten to his head.

Yes - I don't know with Zaitsev but Polak can't be here next year.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

I thought Zaitsev was good tonight and Dermott looked shaky at times with his reads. Hainsey was a bit better tonight but still handles the puck like a live grenade at times.

Zaitsev was the most consistent of the three tonight and Dermott only had momentarily lapses that could have ended bad IMO. Zaitsev was noticeably more physical tonight though, tying up sticks and engaging around the net.....feels like all of that gets loss in the shuffle because people have developed a unhealthy disdain for him that transcends objective thought.

Marner has been a big bright spot this series.

He's probably been our best player through 3 games. I thought Rielly was the best player tonight though, probably followed closely by Marner.

Don't think Andy deserved the 1st star, awesome 3rd but 2 goals were questionable (Chara goal might have been a bit of bad luck) and some of his reads/flopping around the net are extremely concerning....I'm not sure why he's been doing it lately but it's a complete red flag to me.

Reactions: RedRenegade

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't want to get too far ahead of thing so I won't say one down, fifteen to go so I'll start with one down three to go. Great win though, it finally feels like a playoff series and that feels good. We're still behind the 8-ball in this one, got blown out twice and now managed to squeak our a win in a super close game but hey, if we can do that one more time ...

One game at a time, that's how Stanley Cups are won!

GO LEAFS GO!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

This has been going on for too long now and I posted earlier in the year asking why Babs has not been able to fix it. Response was they had gotten better. Not against strong forechecking team I guess.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This has been going on for too long now and I posted earlier in the year asking why Babs has not been able to fix it. Response was they had gotten better. Not against strong forechecking team I guess.

Multiple times a game our D man gains possession, then pounds it almost straight into the boards, where it bounces out to a Bruin in the circle. I dont get it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Multiple times a game our D man gains possession, then pounds it almost straight into the boards, where it bounces out to a Bruin in the circle. I dont get it.

The Bruins pressure must be causing Leafs' dmen to rush their outs. They are probably trying to avoid icings since Bruins will then bring on the Bergeron line. As a result they don't slap it hard enough around the boards and Bruins are able to keep it in the Leafs end. Our wingers' need to be stronger in puck battles along the boards??

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Only D that can make a good outlet pass are Rielly, Gardiner and Dermott on a regular basis. The rest struggle with making a stretch pass.

Zaitsev should be capable but he seems unable to. His passing ability is like a potato gun... you just never know where it's going to go because all he wants to do his rifle that puck as hard as he can at target and hope for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad