Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I know.
3 on 3 I take the Leafs.
5 on 5 I take the Bruins.

Any low scoring game I think the Bruins have a better shot.

If the Leaf's game plays out, the Corsi is high (for both teams) and we capitalize more. If the Bruin's game plays out, the collective Corsi is low and they grind out some goals with their top line.

In a next goal wins situation, I think that favours the Bruins.

Puck Luck will likely be the difference tonight.
Yup, well said. We just gotta get out of the first 10 minutes and then we'll be okay.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I really hate people who read too much into the game. If the Leafs win or lose, does it really change anything about the future of the team?

The Leafs read WAY too much into the 2013 game 7 loss - they made some awful moves in the off-season in response to that, that really hurt them in the long run.

Absoutely cannot read too much into tonight's game.

If the Leafs win, great.

If they lose, they are still on course to be a great team over the next decade.

Reactions: Menzinger

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I'd love to see an old, grey bearded Nik Borchevsky in the stands tonight, quietly watching on his own from the nosebleeds

nikolai_borschevski.jpg.size.custom.crop.853x650.jpg

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Leafs read WAY too much into the 2013 game 7 loss - they made some awful moves in the off-season in response to that, that really hurt them in the long run.

Absoutely cannot read too much into tonight's game.

If the Leafs win, great.

If they lose, they are still on course to be a great team over the next decade.

Perfect example!

Folks just need to look exactly at the Leafs moves following 2013 (or some pf Chias moves following the Oilers short playoff experience) as to why we can’t let emotions get the better of us when it comes to decision making

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Why do you have to act like the guy ****ed your sister? He goes out and competes, is a team guy, and has generally given everything he's had to the franchise and us fans.

This kinda **** is embarrassing. Maybe he isn't who he was. You've never been what he was. Get a little perspective.
Take a lap ernie. Your spits and your man komarov are both past their prime. Tough realization huh.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Take a lap ernie. Your spits and your man komarov are both past their prime. Tough realization huh.

I didn't see a Spits game all year, but they sure made the playoffs with a young team that had no business being there.

And way to double down on being a complete donkey. Probably not a hill to stand and fight on. It's a bad look.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I didn't see a Spits game all year, but they sure made the playoffs with a young team that had no business being there.

And way to double down on being a complete donkey. Probably not a hill to stand and fight on. It's a bad look.
nope :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, Toronto, it was more than a pleasure. I'll be visiting.

Keep your heads up. That's a great team in Boston and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Jake Gardiner with the worst performance of any D man in the playoffs this year
5 Goals with Freddy making an appearance at the worst time
Matthews and to a lesser extent Nylander no-shows.

Should have traded JVR and Bozak when we had the chance. Now all we get is nothing and a heartbreaking game 7 loss. Maybe trading picks for 4th line centers will be a curse for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad