Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think moving our 32 goal scoring shutdown centre to the 4th line for a guy who played one good shutdown game (and has never scored a goal for us) is a good idea. Get Kadri back in and on his line and let Pleks continue to do his role from the third or fourth line.

If they go back tied why would you want to impact the reasons for the 2 wins?

There should be reward for winning.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

The reward for winning is tying the series and the chance at winning the stanley cup, but I wouldn't continue to play Plekanec over Kadri just because we were able to win a couple games. Kadri is quite a bit better. You play your best players.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The reward for winning is tying the series and the chance at winning the stanley cup, but I wouldn't continue to play Plekanec over Kadri just because we were able to win a couple games. Kadri is quite a bit better. You play your best players.
I think if they win again with Plekanec you have to give the scenario of keeping that line together to battle the Bergeron line a thought. Maybe they run that only at home where they can get that matchup most of the time, on the road I'm sure Kadri with Marleau and Marner would still the go to line.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I agree to a point, if Plekanec continues to match up against Bergeron and Marchand, Johnsson-Kadri-Kapenan become a scoring line.

Meter out ice time as play dictates, let's not get hung-up on line numbers.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010

I wouldn't call it a "reward" so much as just good coaching and going with what works.

I have no doubt that Kads is a better player than Pleks overall right now, but.... If they win a 2nd game at home with this matchup I'd say Pleks is better at shutting down that particular line. Why mess with success?

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Couldn’t say it better than James Tanner article today “good luck-Kapanen needs to play”.

Watched a few TSN clips interviewing Bruin players about how the Leafs speed kills, they are intimidated by the stretch pass.

All this plus Don Cherry’s comments about a key being Leaf D pinching constantly-I hope Babcock listens.

Please don’t bring Komorov back!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think if they win again with Plekanec you have to give the scenario of keeping that line together to battle the Bergeron line a thought. Maybe they run that only at home where they can get that matchup most of the time, on the road I'm sure Kadri with Marleau and Marner would still the go to line.

I would keep that line together as well until it doesn't work. (actually i mean arguably) you could double shift Plek to drive Bergeron/Marchand crazy. He ws doing a lot of Non bergeron-y things yesterday.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

If its the only proverbial Bergy - Marchand - Pasta crack in the armor, then lets keep aiming the proverbial sword at it.

I agree to a point, if Plekanec continues to match up against Bergeron and Marchand, Johnsson-Kadri-Kapenan become a scoring line.

Meter out ice time as play dictates, let's not get hung-up on line numbers.

Right on

I would keep that line together as well until it doesn't work. (actually i mean arguably) you could double shift Plek to drive Bergeron/Marchand crazy. He ws doing a lot of Non bergeron-y things yesterday.

You got it...

Don't break the only lineup that shutdown the line that has shut us down in 2 games.

They're going to adapt obviously, but Plek, Marleau and Marner will too.

We all remember what happened when Kadri went against that line - gm1 blowout, gm2 blowout and 3 game suspension.

This isn't a demotion for Kadri, its a chance to have Bostons 1 dangerous line shutdown, and score with your 4th, Kap - Kadri - Johnsson is scary skilled.

Couldn’t say it better than James Tanner article today “good luck-Kapanen needs to play”.

Watched a few TSN clips interviewing Bruin players about how the Leafs speed kills, they are intimidated by the stretch pass.

All this plus Don Cherry’s comments about a key being Leaf D pinching constantly-I hope Babcock listens.

Please don’t bring Komorov back!

Komorov is literally the Leafs death Omen...If he is back on the lineup and Babcock is dumb enough to use him.

Thats all folks.......See ya next year

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why not have
JVR-Kadri-Brown/Kapanen
Johnsson-Bozak-Brown/Kapanen

Because Bozak line is familiar with eachother, and Bozak has very quietly been one of our better forwards these playoffs. He's probably the most underratead player on our roster IMO.

Reactions: Once

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Plekanec has a history of getting under Bergeron's skin and I am of the mind "what have you done for me lately" so I say keep using him in that role, it's working so far. I'm pretty sure NK will contribute positively in another role.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I don't care who plays where just so long as we win

If Plekanec playing as the shutdown center works he should stay where he is until it doesn't and Kadri can run with Johnsson and Kapanen flanking him, that's plenty of talent for him to work with especially if he's getting a reasonable amount of offensive usage

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
In one of the other discussions about veterans, I was thinking that our vets like Marleau needed to step up. Glad he did.

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
Why not have
JVR-Kadri-Brown/Kapanen
Johnsson-Bozak-Brown/Kapanen

I wouldn't break up Bozak and JVR now. They're awake and I say this as someone who isn't a fan of theirs.

I'm wondering how these lines would look.
Kap Matthews Nylander
Marleau Plek Hyman
JVR Bozak Brown
Johnsson Kadri Marner

But I agree with others in the belief you don't fix what isn't broke.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I thought Zaitsev was good tonight and Dermott looked shaky at times with his reads. Hainsey was a bit better tonight but still handles the puck like a live grenade at times.

Zaitsev was the most consistent of the three tonight and Dermott only had momentarily lapses that could have ended bad IMO. Zaitsev was noticeably more physical tonight though, tying up sticks and engaging around the net.....feels like all of that gets loss in the shuffle because people have developed a unhealthy disdain for him that transcends objective thought.

He's probably been our best player through 3 games. I thought Rielly was the best player tonight though, probably followed closely by Marner.

Eh, I'm one of the few remaining who still has faith in Zaitsev. I ISO'd him a bit last night and it was painful to watch him try and move the puck. There's just no other way to look at it. He can be a lot better and we all know that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->