Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
In my experience, not Veleno...at least not that high. If you need offense, I'd go with Zadina but if you already picked Svechnikov, maybe look at another position? Skarek usually becomes a monster in net. Third overall is pretty high for a goalie though. Boqvist also usually becomes a menace on the blueline, I might consider him too.

Picked Skarek. Read your post on TBL where you described him as future star goalie and decision to pick him was when I saw that Jets locked Hellebuck on long term contract. He was pending RFA and only good young starter.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Future transfers including all college commits are written in the extra_config file. You can download the NHL36 (or likely any other database, I assume if you use TBL rosters from Steam that the CFG file comes with it) and it includes a CFG file that includes hundreds of future NCAA transfers which you can either copy from and edit or just use as a template for your own college commits like with this custom player. The coding is pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks that worked perfectly! Cheers!

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Trying to open the staff profile of J.T. Wyman or Mickey Lang crashes the game at least on my computer, maybe there's something or it's just me.

Thanks. It's a known bug with, I think, my Editor. I'm not 100% sure what the issue is but I have one or two ideas. I'll trying running the DB through the current version of the Editor in development as I recently made a change which I hope might resolve this... I'll let you know.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
New version posted for testing:
Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v2.1.zip

- Updated transactions
- 2018/2019 top picks (several top Euro prospects added for 2019), several random player updates throughout the world
- Organizations completed (NHL/AHL/ECHL) (full stats update (including prospects), staff preferences, personnel list update):
--Avalanche
--Blue Jackets
--Bruins
--Canucks
--Blackhawks
--Blues
--Canadiens
--Islanders

-Organizations with full updates for everything but ECHL affiliate:
--Jets
--Kings
--Maple Leafs
--Oilers
--Panthers
--Predators
--Rangers
--Red Wings
--Sabres
--Senators
--Sharks
--Stars
--Wild

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback and downloaded!

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
New version posted for testing:
Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v2.1.zip

- Updated transactions
- 2018/2019 top picks (several top Euro prospects added for 2019), several random player updates throughout the world
- Organizations completed (NHL/AHL/ECHL) (full stats update (including prospects), staff preferences, personnel list update):
--Avalanche
--Blue Jackets
--Bruins
--Canucks
--Blackhawks
--Blues
--Canadiens
--Islanders

-Organizations with full updates for everything but ECHL affiliate:
--Jets
--Kings
--Maple Leafs
--Oilers
--Panthers
--Predators
--Rangers
--Red Wings
--Sabres
--Senators
--Sharks
--Stars
--Wild

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback and downloaded!
:thumbu: the real mvp

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Nice xECK! I've also got a big update for NHL36 today...Happy Holidays :)

NHL36 v2.1 Databases

See the first post in the TBL NHL36 thread for download links to new version 2.1 of each NHL36 database.
Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

- The big update with this one is that NHL training camps once again work! Hooray!

eb904f392a50f6de6131c2fe316d535d.jpg

- Also, I've filled in NHL Awards (and NHL champions) for the recent past for all the awards (save the Lester Patrick). This includes renaming the Lester B Pearson to the new correct name of the Ted Lindsay award. I got sick of looking at awards history and seeing a big gap between 2012 and 2017. A few notes:

1) For some reason, EHM doesn't show the really old award winners from back in the day even though they are coded. EHM *only* shows awards history for guys still in the game either as staff or players. So even though everything is filled in you will notice some holes regardless, especially the further back you go in time.

2) If you don't use a FULL database, you won't see all the award winners. What I did was took some guys who are retired and did not (or have not yet) become staff and made them very low-level staff just so you can see them in the awards history section. For example - Martin St. Louis. If you use a normal database, they won't show up because their non-player attributes are very low.

3) If you click on these low-level staff guys in the awards section, YOUR GAME WILL CRASH. You have been warned.

f7635a920577d0be77898ce3af3954c9.jpg

7212bd742a6d82b87dc9f6e0ed8e3e47.jpg

302f324a8c88fd86546a98ab08114ce9.jpg

2a91a5b64af0ef466a36dd60b7719592.jpg

- Update includes usual transactions and contract extensions for major leagues, juniors and college. Not a lot has happened over break but Admiral in the KHL had a mass exodous (with NHL36 favorite Vladimir Tkachyov now on Salavat with a contract thru 2019 - this may affect your ability to sign him immediately) and I've also added a bunch of new MHL players based on the 2017-18 MHL All-Star selections which just came out. Another NHL36 favorite, Steve Moses goes from Rochester in the AHL to KHL power Jokerit so this also may affect his signability. You gotta roll with the punches!

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
BK and ECK29 - thanks so much for your hard work on these databases. They've surpassed what the TBL rosters have been doing in terms of overall playability and depth of attribute updates. It's keeping my interested in this old game.

BKArchitect - would it be possible to release a version of this database with the original 31 teams? The level of work you've put into it is insane and with the level of customization already available, it would be great to take it for a spin in a 31 team NHL (or 32 if you went with a Seattle only version!).

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
PensFan - thanks!

I may do an update to the 32-team Seattle (or insert Quebec or whatever team you want for 32) database I had a while back. I'm pondering it anyways. :D

I don't want to do a 31-team database because between TBL and now xECK, you've got some good options available for a real NHL setup. I don't need to muddy the waters there.

And in defense of the TBL team - their update is much more massive in terms of all leagues than mine and they've got basically the founding fathers of EHM attribute editing working on it. I've said all along with NHL36, the idea is to have the right "feel" to depth charts and drafts and major leagues but I don't get too caught up in the nitty gritty of "player X should be 16 speed not 14" - if you get what I mean. I think the TBL team takes pride in really standardizing what ratings and attributes really mean per each league - and it just takes time for them to do that kind of update. That's why I'd still encourage people looking for a true-to-life NHL experience still download and use the TBL rosters and xECK's rosters and provide them with feedback.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
BK and ECK29 - thanks so much for your hard work on these databases. They've surpassed what the TBL rosters have been doing in terms of overall playability and depth of attribute updates. It's keeping my interested in this old game.

Homer disclaimer, but to me it's not perfectly correct to compare a fantasy DB with a real-world DB. With all the due respect to the great job BK did on his 36-team DB, of course.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The only time I ever saw that was in the 07 version with Patrick Stefan. If this is still possible I would love to see this happen in one of my saves lol

The only time I have ever seen it was ~2 years ago on an older build.

Had a Serbian center who was looking like (stats wise for age) a future 70+ point NHLer. Drafted him in the 2nd round, he was at Partizan, had him signed for next international window to send him to CHL (had been drafted in import draft) but he retired mid-season as thought had no future in hockey.

Annoying as I like having Serbs, Croats and Slovenes etc be top 6/top 4/NHL goalies in EHM... and generally you are talking in my experience ~2-3 of each being that level over ~25 years.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
The only time I have ever seen it was ~2 years ago on an older build.

Had a Serbian center who was looking like (stats wise for age) a future 70+ point NHLer. Drafted him in the 2nd round, he was at Partizan, had him signed for next international window to send him to CHL (had been drafted in import draft) but he retired mid-season as thought had no future in hockey.

Annoying as I like having Serbs, Croats and Slovenes etc be top 6/top 4/NHL goalies in EHM... and generally you are talking in my experience ~2-3 of each being that level over ~25 years.

Come to think of it, some prospects that are in the import draft (16-17), will retire immediately if they either don't have a team, OR if they have minor injuries. On the flip side, you'll have players from North Korea and Mongolia who'll stay in the game, unsigned, until aged 36 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad