Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Just stating the obvious, did you scout Finland at all? Besides that, perhaps the mentals would develop over time? I’ve seen some players and their mental stats go up as time went on. But man, that’s crazy potential!
I didn't have Finland scouted, but I have several scouting reports on him from scouting the draft. I just didn't look too far into the undrafted ranks in the draft screen as I usually do, although I wasn't in position to select him anyways as my last pick before Calgary snagged him was at #30 -- I definitely wouldn't have gone dumpster-diving at that pick.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I didn't have Finland scouted, but I have several scouting reports on him from scouting the draft. I just didn't look too far into the undrafted ranks in the draft screen as I usually do, although I wasn't in position to select him anyways as my last pick before Calgary snagged him was at #30 -- I definitely wouldn't have gone dumpster-diving at that pick.

Lately what I've done (not sure if anyone else does it), I end up getting my extra 5th-7th round picks that I accumulate by trading down, I tend to scout players not ranked with crazy attributes. I ended up snagging a player with 20 deflections, deking and shooting but with poor skating ability lol.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Just started a new KC career in NHL36 - of course I did what any expansion GM would do and signed Vladimir Tkachyov (Salavat one) immediately because he is just gold. But even knowing that, I've never seen a start quite like this before...keep in mind this is on an expansion team and his center is either Chris Tierney (third liner for the Sharks) or Emil Pettersson (Elias' less talented older brother who is in the AHL in Nashville's system IRL). I'm not double-shifting him or anything either, he's on the 2nd line and 1st PP unit, averaging 15:44 per game. He's already had like 3 hat tricks and like at least 6 or 7 multi-goal games in 23 games played.

Ironically, he's only my 5th best rated prospect...because his potential ability is not set in stone (it's a -8), it can vary from game to game so this time I think his PA got set on the low side. But who cares right? I mean...I always have this debate when I GM...does potential really matter that much if the on-ice results are so good?

Anyways, about halfway to a 50-in-50 - which would be pretty remarkable!

59548c4f55e43e4dd3c5a48924334409.jpg

Reactions: Darkauron

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Playing with the TBL new roster.

Won the cup with MTL in 2019

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Carr - Filppula (UFA) - Gallagher
Jurco (Wvr) - Danault - Ritchie (Trade)
Erne (Trade) - Bozak (UFA) - Archibald (Wvr)
Froese
AHL depth vet: Jooris, Grant

Koekkoek (Trade for rights)- Weber
Mete - Bowey (offer sheet)
Pouliot (UFA) - Irwin (UFA)
Stecher (Trade)

Price
Halak (UFA)
Shestyorkin (UFA joined April 30th)

Poehling and Ikonen looked bad at game start, but developed fine (Ikonen was part of the Koekkoek trade though).

Price has been a beast:
57 gp 39-14-3 1.62 0.940 9 SO
PO 23 GP 15-7-0 2.31 0.922 2 SO

I don't know how long I'll be able to keep Price and Shestyorkin though... Might have to trade Price later on if Shestyorkin runs out of RFA years/contract.

Might also trade Stecher since he's been dissapointing. Halak, Filppula, Bozak, Froese, Jooris and Grant are all UFA but easily replaceable.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Is it possible to get a job as an unemployed and experience set as automatic in the 2017-2018 db? So far in January 1st 2018 no jobs. I have been declined by a team from Japan, Netherlands, Kazakhstan and Slovenia u20s among others...My nationality os US/CAN. Also an ECHL and Canadian junior team has declined my application

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Playing with the TBL new roster.

Won the cup with MTL in 2019

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Carr - Filppula (UFA) - Gallagher
Jurco (Wvr) - Danault - Ritchie (Trade)
Erne (Trade) - Bozak (UFA) - Archibald (Wvr)
Froese
AHL depth vet: Jooris, Grant

Koekkoek (Trade for rights)- Weber
Mete - Bowey (offer sheet)
Pouliot (UFA) - Irwin (UFA)
Stecher (Trade)

Price
Halak (UFA)
Shestyorkin (UFA joined April 30th)

Poehling and Ikonen looked bad at game start, but developed fine (Ikonen was part of the Koekkoek trade though).

Price has been a beast:
57 gp 39-14-3 1.62 0.940 9 SO
PO 23 GP 15-7-0 2.31 0.922 2 SO

I don't know how long I'll be able to keep Price and Shestyorkin though... Might have to trade Price later on if Shestyorkin runs out of RFA years/contract.

Might also trade Stecher since he's been dissapointing. Halak, Filppula, Bozak, Froese, Jooris and Grant are all UFA but easily replaceable.
Numerous UFA signings is the easy way to beat the game. Try limiting yourself to a maximum of one per off-season - it make things more fun in the long run.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Numerous UFA signings is the easy way to beat the game. Try limiting yourself to a maximum of one per off-season - it make things more fun in the long run.

Are you so sure? I usually make some splashes in FA and it doesn't really affect my chances. I tend to try and develop from within.

I'm currently trying to challenge myself by icing a drafted-only team. No UFA signings, all drafted by me. Seems like it's going pretty well!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Has anyone ever succeeded in developing Dahlin in an elite defender?

Seems like in every DB I've played, including the most recent ones, he always falls short, whether I get to pick him or the AI.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015

Seems like in every DB I've played, including the most recent ones, he always falls short, whether I get to pick him or the AI.

In my game right now he's 25. He's definitely a number 1 dman, but he doesn't put up as many points as I would hope. Attributes alone he can probably be considered an elite defender, but the stats aren't there

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
lolwhatisgoingoj.jpg

I found this kind of funny. So I've been using the default database as my main save game for a while now, and I managed to find this funny gem. In my save I basically traded Mirco Mueller (who ends up becoming a really good defensive defenseman), my first round and second round draft choice of 2020, for Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals were flirting with last place and I believed I helped them towards the future.

This is probably one of my biggest trade deals since EHM07, but whats really funny is that my fans RAGE over the trade, but then celebrate hardcore afterwords lol!

dKs89

Oct 22, 2016

He's doing pretty well for me in my 2nd run through of the NHL36 DB. In my first he was definitely a #1 but the team he was on (Admirals) were always terrible so he never put up very good stats.

These are his attributes for me currently in his D+2 season: dahlin1.png

And stats: dahlin2.png

He's doing much better offensively in his second season than I expected. Although compared to his D+1 season (in which he won the Calder), the team around him scores more (3.9 GPG thru 49GP) Only 11 of those points are from the PP though. He averages 31 minutes lol. He's definitely my best dman ahead of Trouba, Tanev, Schuldt. Hoping he can hit 70 this season. It is strange how many shots he takes though. I do have him set on heavy for shots in personal tactics but he's still outshooting many forwards who are on the barrage tactic. Every other tactic aside from passing is also on normal. Even his bias is on pass. Very strange.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Is it possible to get a job as an unemployed and experience set as automatic in the 2017-2018 db? So far in January 1st 2018 no jobs. I have been declined by a team from Japan, Netherlands, Kazakhstan and Slovenia u20s among others...My nationality os US/CAN. Also an ECHL and Canadian junior team has declined my application

I just started an unemployed game. Was hired in November by last place Usti from the Czech WSM Liga. Trying to turn them around but missed the playoffs in 2017-18. Keeping my eye out on openings in the CHL or AHL or other top leagues in Europe.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Im in year 2134 and it is really really hard to find Head coach, scouts and overall personal positions.

When i look to the staff section, i see only GM/Head coaches and Physio.

GM/Head ignore my offers (it doesnt matter if its in AHL or Fin 3 league). So i have to offer a Assistant Manager position to some Physio. Weird.

Reactions: AdamParrot

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I just started an unemployed game. Was hired in November by last place Usti from the Czech WSM Liga. Trying to turn them around but missed the playoffs in 2017-18. Keeping my eye out on openings in the CHL or AHL or other top leagues in Europe.
Which 'Past Experince' you set when you created the Manager?

I was finally offered a job as the GM of Team Georgia at the end of April. After that I got offers from South Africa and North Korea. Problem is they only play one tournament in a year which is March-April so I'd have to wait another year.

I did hire myself a coaching staff including Therrien, Gretzky, etc. Now the problem is that TPS (Finnish Liiga team) has made an offer to Gretzky and when I press respond I get an error message saying 'APPROACH_TO_BUY_SCREEN::created() : human club is nullptr'

I guess I'm just gonna create a new GM with a better experience...

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Im in year 2134 and it is really really hard to find Head coach, scouts and overall personal positions.

GM/Head ignore my offers (it doesnt matter if its in AHL or Fin 3 league). So i have to offer a Assistant Manager position to some Physio. Weird.
I'm only in 2091 and I have the same problem.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah Dahlin is a monster in NHL36 but to me the problem is more that it is very difficult for even the best defenders to have good offensive stats. Like Erik Karlsson usually has seasons around 50 points. I find that Hedman, at least to start the game, is usually the most dominant offensive (and Norris winning) defender because he's both a beast and plays on a team that racks up goals. But if you take a guy like Dahlin and stick him on a crappy team - he's going to have a hard time producing points even if he's playing 30 minutes a night and consistently getting game ratings of 8.00+.

If Dahlin or Karlsson or Hedman or whomever is on your club, you can help pump up their offense by double-shifting them on both PP units and turning your offense up to a "barrage" shooting style but I find that a bit cheap and it doesn't help all the other offensive defenders on all the CPU-controlled teams.

I did just have Charles McAvoy win the Hart Trophy, interestingly enough in like 2020 - he had 15 goals, 55 points and was a +55 for a Presdients Trophy winning Boston team. He's the first defender I've seen win the Hart in one of my sims in quite some time (although I don't typically sim 200 years into the future like some so perhaps it is not quite as uncommon as I think it is).

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think the issue might be that I don't play Dahlin enough then. I lucked out in the lottery with the Canes and he's stuck on the 3rd pair/2nd PP wave. Haven't seen much if any progression at all from his rookie to his sophomore season, but he still has an average rating of 7+ on the third pair.

As for defensemen not getting a lot of points, Karlsson always gets a ton in whichever DB I play. He won the Art Ross once at like 38 years old with 120+ points.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Seriously, is it possible to get a job if you start unemployed? I have now 6 GMs unemployed, each with different past experience, US/Canada dual citizenship, but I can't get any jobs outside of Team Georgia...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Seriously, is it possible to get a job if you start unemployed? I have now 6 GMs unemployed, each with different past experience, US/Canada dual citizenship, but I can't get any jobs outside of Team Georgia...

It's been claimed on here that it is possible, but I have never had any luck when I have tried to start unemployed.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I'm only in 2091 and I have the same problem.

I haven't encountered this issue, but what I've noticed that happens more in EHM1 than in EHM07, is that your staff don't stay with you as long. I'll try to get my scouts to sign long term, but they will only sign like a 2 year deal and then leave. In EHM07, you could have the same staff members until they retired. This one it's a bit tougher (it doesn't matter to me though)

I have 'extra staff' enabled, but I just pick up anyone else

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I haven't encountered this issue, but what I've noticed that happens more in EHM1 than in EHM07, is that your staff don't stay with you as long. I'll try to get my scouts to sign long term, but they will only sign like a 2 year deal and then leave. In EHM07, you could have the same staff members until they retired. This one it's a bit tougher (it doesn't matter to me though)

I have 'extra staff' enabled, but I just pick up anyone else
It's interesting because this problem I haven't. I remember that many of scouts stays with me all his scouts carrer.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's interesting because this problem I haven't. I remember that many of scouts stays with me all his scouts carrer.

Yeah, so I'll have a scout with 17 judging player ability and player potential, along with high determination. After his two-year contract is done, he'll leave my team and become a free agent. No matter how many years go by, the scout won't sign no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad