Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
@BKarchitect What staff is truly required for expansion teams in the NHL, AHL, and ECHL based upon NHL 36? Should I add Chairman's to all the new teams? Presidents? Anybody else?
To be honest, I didn't add anybody; I thought I remember reading once that staff positions like those are really more window dressing - but I could be wrong.
The Chairman's Business/Interference/Patience/Resources Attributes affect things ingame

AFAIK Presidents have no relevance ingame if there's a Chairman in place (I suspect a President's Attributes would be used as necessary if a team has no Chairman)

Here's some information on Staff Attributes Non Player Attributes (Coaches, Physios, Scouts, GMs, etc)

Reactions: S E P H
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
The Chairman's Business/Interference/Patience/Resources Attributes affect things ingame

AFAIK Presidents have no relevance ingame if there's a Chairman in place (I suspect a President's Attributes would be used as necessary if a team has no Chairman)

Here's some information on Staff Attributes Non Player Attributes (Coaches, Physios, Scouts, GMs, etc)

Chairman's are not able to be hired in the game though right? If that were the case, I would look for the richest one all of the time. The board seems to never give my team any 'extra funds'

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Chairman's are not able to be hired in the game though right? If that were the case, I would look for the richest one all of the time. The board seems to never give my team any 'extra funds'

Correct, I think they can only be added via additional staff generation at the beginning of a sim.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
So Schneider had a pretty good month...7 shutouts :eek:
rAzcEHl.png

Edit: Started the December with a shutout too :D
Edit: Back-to-back shutouts...

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Correct, I think they can only be added via additional staff generation at the beginning of a sim.

I have a couple of chairman’s with high attributes in random categories (physiotherapy, coaching goalies, etc) but they never want to sign. They just stay as staff free agents forever it seems lol.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
MAJOR UPDATE

NHL36 v2.0 Released
Find all the files on the TBL NHL36 Thread Downloads Section:
Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

- All the usual updates and tweaks.
- Most importantly, the new NHL36 alternate databases are all LIVE.
- All database ZIP files now include the appropriate Expansion Draft quick start...for example if you are playing as the Toronto Toros in the "City Lights" database, run the Expansion Draft file that is in the City Lights ZIP and you will be good to go. The Expansion Draft files will from now on always be in the ZIP file of each database.
- When the Original database gets updated, I will also always post fresh alternate databases...they will all always include the same real life updates.

Don't forget to grab logos and backgrounds for the alternate databases on the first post download section as well. There is an update file for both logos and backgrounds.

Enjoy and let me know if there are any issues (aside from the known ones) - it's a lot of files for me to keep straight! :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: pukovnik

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Last edited:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So Schneider had a pretty good month...7 shutouts :eek:
rAzcEHl.png

Edit: Started the December with a shutout too :D
Edit: Back-to-back shutouts...

Nice! I've only had cory ever get about 6 SO at most in one year. In my most recent save he just barely lost out to Rask for the venezia trophy :(

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Also Japan is putting out some pretty good players in my save. It is pretty damn cool.

I just drafted this with my last pick in the 7th. He had a few more reds when I drafted him but already had some growth.
aW3lNpf.jpg

And the import draft had a ton of Japanese players too. And all of them are playing in candian Juniors too.

XWHdz81.png

I am pretending that this kid is the brother of the player I drafted lol.

0nfuz35.jpg

17aa9875-212f-469e-bd0c-9b625f20c7ec

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
You should definitely draft his brother!

I plan on it! I always keep a few extra 7th round picks for fun and situations like this. I love drafting players from smaller markets and seeing how it plays out for fun. Kid I drafted from Israel a page back is doing pretty good in the AHL. He will never make it to the NHL, but still is pretty cool.

Reactions: saxonmiller

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
OOOPS

So if you've downloaded any of the v2.0 databases prior to this posting (12/17/17 @ 18:32 CDT), there was a major mistake - some the contract data (specifically, first NHL contract date which causes waiver issues) got erased when I lowered all the player ratings. I've restored it now but with the standard v1.2 player ratings. I'm going to keep playing around with that but needless to say, the database becomes highly unrealistic and goofy without real contracts. Everything should function normally now but let me know if you see any major, universal issues like that.

Update: FIXED!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I plan on it! I always keep a few extra 7th round picks for fun and situations like this. I love drafting players from smaller markets and seeing how it plays out for fun. Kid I drafted from Israel a page back is doing pretty good in the AHL. He will never make it to the NHL, but still is pretty cool.

Not sure if I asked you, but what database are you using? Are you using the NHL 36 one? I haven’t seen many Japanese players pop up so much in my safe, there are a bunch of South Koreans that perform well in the Asian leagues with some orange attributes, but I’m waiting for some special ones to appear through the Import Draft

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Not sure if I asked you, but what database are you using? Are you using the NHL 36 one? I haven’t seen many Japanese players pop up so much in my safe, there are a bunch of South Koreans that perform well in the Asian leagues with some orange attributes, but I’m waiting for some special ones to appear through the Import Draft

I am actually using xECK29x's rosters for my game. Keeping an eye on the import draft is always a really great idea.

Reactions: xECK29x

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Thanks for the support! Let me know if you have any feedback, should have a new update out for testing this weekend.

Only thing I really noticed on the Devils if I recall was that Santini and Miles Wood didnt have any history\stats for the 2016-2017 season so they were still rookies in the 2017-2018 season

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have noticed that the game only uses one thread. I would imagine that the simulation speed could be increased dramatically by using multiple threads to better utilize the available cores?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
cVNjDtI.jpg

Wow that was one amazing rookie season. He won the Calder, Lester Pearson, +/- Award, Hart, and the Conn Smythe all in one season. Jebus.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Hi.

So, guys. My english is bad, so sorry for that.
By the way, I'm in December 2083.

And there is some interesting news:
I've been playing for Flyers all-time expect 7 seasons between 2037/38 - 2043/44 where I coached Canucks for 3 seasons (and 3 cups), Panthers (they moved from Florida to Atlanta later) for 2 seasons (1 cup), Anaheim for 1 season (1 cup) and Boston for 1 season.

I won Stanley Cup in 63 seasons from 67 seasons (Sharks in 2018, Flyers in 2041 and 2044, Canadiens in 2053).

Now, interesting news about players:

Tim Edlund. I picked him in 2054 from 5th ovr pick, then he was two seasons in AHL yet, but from 2056/2057 to 2074/75 he was in NHL:
(Sorry, I saved his stats after 2073/74, miss one another season.)
edlund001vpkeb.png

Probably best player in my EHM save ever.....

goalstbjv6.png

assistsazkq5.png

pointsozkee.png

...but in 2075 there was the best NHL Entry Draft ever and some f***ing beast players:

1st ovr pick:
01dawsongckjj.png

2nd ovr pick:
02palmerqnkg8.png

3rd ovr pick:
03renwick9ejee.png

4th ovr pick:
04bonneauwojsd.png

5th ovr pick:
05moiseyevg5j3l.png

6th ovr pick:
06brookswrjly.png

7th ovr pick:
07orlovd2jxc.png

8th ovr pick:
08micelitnk8t.png

but that player from 15th ovr pick:
15mavere2ku0.png

Now, he has 1244 points in 678 games.

In 2078/79 he had 175 points (75+100). The 8th best season for one player ever! 6 better seasons had Gretzky, 1 had SuperMario.

Else, one player had 90 goals in last season, yes, it was a Flyers, my player. Dennis Moore. And he missed 3 games, sadly, he can beat Gretzky's 92 goals.
11moorem2jhl.png

And he is from NHL Draft class 1975 too, but he was picked by Tampa Bay. I traded for him.

Reactions: Intoewsables

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
It's time for an update from life as the GM of the Kansas City Scouts. This time we skip at the end of the 2020/2021 season.
Kansas City Scouts shocked the hockey world by reaching all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals where they faced the Tampa Bay Lightning but failed to shake the dynasty and lost the Finals 4-2. Bolts have now won 4/4 Stanley Cups...

Kansas City Scouts roster:

1st line:
LW Vladimir Tkachyov (48+52=100). 2nd time he's the runner-up for the Rocket Trophy. Still 5 years left on his contract at 4M.
C Tyler Seguin (36+69=105). Wins his first Art Ross Trophy. On his last year of his 2 year/8,5M AAV contract signed in 2019.
RW Michael Ferland (36+37=73). Good complimentary player. Jumped from 32 points to 73 points after being put on the first line. In his final year of his 2 year/4M AAV contract signed in 2019.

2nd line:
LW Frank Vatrano (26+37=63). Finished his 4th season as a Scout with career high numbers. At the end of his contract.
C Radek Faksa (32+29=61). His first season in the team after signing a 3 year/2,65M AAV contract last summer. Great two-way center.
RW Nikita Korostelev (34+42=76). Also finished his 4th season as a Scout with career numbers. Still has 2 years left of his contract so if Vatrano walks as a UFA, Nikita becomes the Scout with most games played in franchise history.

3rd line:
LW Émile Poirier (10+16=26). Another player who finished his 4th season with career numbers. Had his first season where he was in the line-up for the whole season. Still has a contract for the next season.
C Erik Haula (7+17=24). Signed a 3 year/2,5M AAV contract last summer and filled out the 3C spot well.
RW Jean-Gabriel Pageau (15+10=25). Was a late summer addition to this team with a 1 year/1,5M AAV contract. Was missed in the Stanley Cup finals as he fractured his ankle in the WCF against the Canucks.

4th line:
William Carrier (8+11=19). This former waiver pick-up earned a 2 year/1,3M AAV contract after his good 1st year last season. His numbers dropped a little this season but was still a solid role player.
C Blake Coleman (6+7=13). Also a former waiver pick-up who earned an extension after his first year. His numbers also dropped a little but he too is a solid 4th line player. Still has a year left in his contract.
RW Drake Caggiula (9+9=18). After spending a year in Finland Caggiula was brought in to give wing depth for the Scouts with a 1 year/2M AAV 'prove-it' deal. Wasn't able to get a spot in the top 9 and had a rather dissappointing season overall.

1st pair:
LD Ryan Murray (1+7=8). His offensive numbers are trending really low. Still has 3 years left on his contract at 2,5M AAV. Probably putting him on a trade block cause I have bunch of young D ready to move up.
RD Timothy Liljegren (1+20=21). Traded Dominik Kubalik, rights to Jake Wise and a 2021 2nd rounder to get his rights from Toronto when they failed to sign him. I signed him to a 1 year/1,5M deal and at the end of the year 2020 he earned himself a contract extension for 4 yeas/2,5M AAV. Had a really good 1st year in the Scouts.

2nd pair:
LD Jimmy Schuldt (4+46=50). Signed as a 23 year old FA last season. Still has 1 year left on his ELC. This guy has really good offensive skills. I have no idea where this kid came from but he is incredible.
RD Adam Boqvist (2+55=57). At the end of his ELC. Tied for 1st in D scoring and tied for 2nd in the whole league for assists. This kid has been amazing. Was signed to a 5 year extension with a 4,5M AAV same time with Liljegren.

3rd pair:
LD Jared McIsaac (2+21=23). His offensive numbers have been improving and he is great defensively. Will be getting a bigger role next season for sure. At the end of his ELC so he needs a new contract.
RD Chris Bigras (4+16=20). Signed to a 2 year/1,2M AAV contract last summer and he filled out the #6D/2nd unit PP role really well.

Extra:
D Jordan Subban (1+8=9). Played 33 games as the #7D. Claimed him off waivers after trading him to Toronto last season. Good offensive talents so asa a RFA he could stick around.

Goalies:
Calvin Pickard (40-12-10, 2.52 GAA, 0.900 SV%, 3 SO). Signed him to a 2 year/2M AAV contract this summer and he was solid enough to carry this team to the playoffs. Really came alive in the playoffs with a 0.915 SV% and 4 SO.
Dominik Hrachovina (4-6-4, 3.67 GAA, 0.853 SV%, 0 SO). Has been very disappointing after bringing him from the Europe 3 years ago. Done as a NHL goalie.

Top prospects:
1. C Ryan Suzuki (20) Drafted 6th/2019. Hasn't been as good as I have hoped but still a lot of potential. Could fight for a NHL spot next year, but could probably use a year in the minors.
2. LW/RW Kasper Simontaival (19) Drafted 6th/2020. Scored 54 goals and 95 points as a rookien in the AHL winning the scoring race. Will fight for a top 6 role next year.
3. LW/C Jesperi Kotkaniemi (20) Drafted 35th/2018. 3 years in the AHL scoring 71, 66 and 88 points. Ready for a spot in the NHL.
4. G Alexis Gravel (21) Drafted 41st/2018. His first year in the AHL was really good. Also played 6 games in the NHL posting solid numbers. Starter potential.
5. C/RW Albin Grewe (20) Drafted 25th/2019. His 2nd year in the AHl. 72 points in the first year, 68 the second year. Probably still needs a year in the AHL before ready to compete for a spot.

NHL Entry Draft 2021:
Scouts don't have any extra picks and are missing their 2nd round pick. Trying to get more picks (Ryan Murray trade?)

Interesting off season coming up with many key forwards probably going to test the FA market. Lot of young guys ready to take the next step so we'll see what happens. D looks really solid with some really good young guys and goalie situation seems under control with adding a veteran back-up in the FA.

Edit: Scouts trade D Ryan Murray to the Red Wings for the 17th overall pick in 2021

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hi.

So, guys. My english is bad, so sorry for that.
By the way, I'm in December 2083.

And there is some interesting news:
I've been playing for Flyers all-time expect 7 seasons between 2037/38 - 2043/44 where I coached Canucks for 3 seasons (and 3 cups), Panthers (they moved from Florida to Atlanta later) for 2 seasons (1 cup), Anaheim for 1 season (1 cup) and Boston for 1 season.

I won Stanley Cup in 63 seasons from 67 seasons (Sharks in 2018, Flyers in 2041 and 2044, Canadiens in 2053).

Now, interesting news about players:

Tim Edlund. I picked him in 2054 from 5th ovr pick, then he was two seasons in AHL yet, but from 2056/2057 to 2074/75 he was in NHL:
(Sorry, I saved his stats after 2073/74, miss one another season.)
edlund001vpkeb.png

Probably best player in my EHM save ever.....

goalstbjv6.png

assistsazkq5.png

pointsozkee.png

...but in 2075 there was the best NHL Entry Draft ever and some ****ing beast players:

1st ovr pick:
01dawsongckjj.png

2nd ovr pick:
02palmerqnkg8.png

3rd ovr pick:
03renwick9ejee.png

4th ovr pick:
04bonneauwojsd.png

5th ovr pick:
05moiseyevg5j3l.png

6th ovr pick:
06brookswrjly.png

7th ovr pick:
07orlovd2jxc.png

8th ovr pick:
08micelitnk8t.png

but that player from 15th ovr pick:
15mavere2ku0.png

Now, he has 1244 points in 678 games.

In 2078/79 he had 175 points (75+100). The 8th best season for one player ever! 6 better seasons had Gretzky, 1 had SuperMario.

Else, one player had 90 goals in last season, yes, it was a Flyers, my player. Dennis Moore. And he missed 3 games, sadly, he can beat Gretzky's 92 goals.
11moorem2jhl.png

And he is from NHL Draft class 1975 too, but he was picked by Tampa Bay. I traded for him.

Wow. What a freaking statistics. I saw i my long running game maybe 2, max 3 examples with 120 points. Very rare are also 110 and more points. And even 100s are not common.

This high scoring guys played only (mostly) for your team? Or do you have in the game players, that were all seasons in PC managed team?

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Wow. What a freaking statistics. I saw i my long running game maybe 2, max 3 examples with 120 points. Very rare are also 110 and more points. And even 100s are not common.

This high scoring guys played only (mostly) for your team? Or do you have in the game players, that were all seasons in PC managed team?

Yes, only for my team.

But Davide Bonneau , he is playing only for Wild still, managed by PC and he has 887 points and +503 in 664 games, he had 131 points in 80 games in 2081/82. But he is lucky too that he has Filip Dano who is right winger, from 2075 Draft class too and he is one of the best right wingers in league already, he has 789 points in 608 points. Sick duo.

I think that Davide Bonneau and Kenton Carnegie (retired already, and 841 goals) are the best forwards in my EHM carrer who managed by PC only.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Montreal will welcome back the Stanley Cup after a 27 years drought!

Except it's not the Canadiens that will be parading on Ste-Catherine, it's the Maroons!

After an expected first rough year (and grabbing Svechnikov and Boqvist), they were a bubble team in their 2nd year before winning the Northeast division in their third year and capturing the Stanley Cup. Meanwhile, Bergevin contitnues to ruin the Habs as they finished 15th in the East.

Here is the Maroons line-up:

Killorn - Kuznetsov - Svechnikov
V. Tkachyov - Little - Grabner
Kubalik - Bozak - Kassian
JT Brown - Wagner - Armia
Tyler Wong, Sheldon Rempal

Jimmy Schuldt - Doughty
Hutton - Rutta
Moore - Mayfield
J. Subban

Raanta
Kuemper

Changes may be coming as negociation with Kassian seems to at a dead end as he seems to want to cash in on his 36 points season and Stanley Cup winning goal. Bozak is also rumored to be on the block as he lost a step this year. John Moore may also be traded as youngster are pushing behind him and his 3M salary for a bottom pairing D might be a bit much (especially with Schuldt rumored to be signing a 2.7M/4 years extension). Both Kassian and Moore would be replaced internally, while Bozak replacement would probably come from the FA market as the Maroons C prospect aren't ready for NHL action yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad