Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
January 4th 2020 update
Saskatchewan Whitetails sit on the top of the league with a 24-8-5 record, good for 53 points.

Lines:
Vladimir Tkachyov (37, 22+29=51) - Jan Kovar (37, 13+22=35) - Steve Moses (37, 20+24=44)
Jesper Fast (37, 9+7=16) - Jeff Carter (37, 14+15=29 - Ville Leskinen (37, 6+13=19)
Leo Komarov (37, 5+6=11)- Tyler Bozak (37, 5+7==12) - Josh Archibald (37, 5+6=11)
Melker Karlsson (37, 5+2=7)- Cody Eakin (37, 2+9=11) - Matt Gaudreau (37, 2+5=7)

Jake Gardiner (37, 3+14=17) - Ryan Ellis (37, 4+15=19)
Ryan Murray (37,0+13=13) - Kevin Klein (26, 1+2=3)
Brayden McNabb (37, 0+8=8) - Jordan Subban (37, 1+9=10)

Calvin Pickard (9-7-3, 2.83 GAA, 0.897 SV%, 0 SO)
Joni Ortio (15-1-2, 1.91 GAA, 0.931 SV%, 1 SO)

Tkachyov leads the league in points and with a huge margin as Moses is currently second. Tkachyov is also 5th in goals. Pickard has not impressed this season and that has give Ortio a chance to start in more and more games. He has taken this opportunity and put up amazing numbers. Whitetails are still gonna roll the two goalies as 1A/1B but Ortio will be the 1A from now on.

Top prospects:
1. Adam Boqvist (Ak Bars, KHL), 1/6 2018. Has been better this season with a 6.73 AvR. Still not putting the offensive numbers that are expected.
2. Marshall Warren (Harvard, ECAC), 1/10 2019. Has been great for Harvard as he's second in team scoring, 1 point behind Oliver Wahlstrom.
3. Alexis Gravel (Halifax, QMJHL), 2/41 2018. Went 12-2-0 with a 0.935 SV% before missing feew months with a partially torn ACL.
4. Connor Roberts (Hamilton, OHL), 5/149 2018. Struggling this season as he has been atop defensive player in a struggling Hamilton team, now he is -6 when Hamilton is doing pretty ok.
5. Luke Toporowski (Spokane, WHL), 3/82 2019. Has been pretty meh, but the upside as a hard-hitting goal-scorer is still there.
6. Matt Gaudreau (Saskatchewan, NHL), Undrafted. Has been a solid 4th liner in the top NHL team.
7. Jakob Pelletier (Moncton, QMJHL), 1/15 2019. Currently 4th in socring. Made Canda WJC team.
8. Cam York (Boston College, HE), 1/23 2019. Leads the league in points. Seems to be a great offensive D.
9. Alexandre Hogue (Sarnia, OHL), 2/46 2019. Leads a struggling Sarnia team in scoring. Also leads the league in D scoring, made Canada WJC team as the #7 D.
10. Tyler Sheehy (Portland, AHL), Undrafted. Not impressing in the AHL as a veteran.

January 5th, 2020: BREAKING NEWS!!!
Saskatchewan Whitetails send Steve Moses to Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange of Jake Guentzel
The contract talk between Whitetails and Moses has not moved forward so they decide to trade him when his rental value is at its highest. The get a great young forward in Guentzel who has been unable to repeat his rookie year success. Guentzel is expected to take the open spot in the top line.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Interesting comparaisons. Steve Moses again :laugh:. Matt Gaudreau has become a solid 4th liner for me as well. Kinda suprised you haven't brought over Boqvist yet, he is a bit raw but solid NHLer at 18 for me. Melker Karlsson is an off similiarity as well.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Man, I swear the game is trying to make me cheat my own rules. :laugh:

CBJ was in big cap trouble at 79M with Bobrovsky signed at 8.8M and Korpisalo at 4M. They waive Bobrovsky. Took everything in me not to click Claim. :laugh:

Milwauke claim him and put Raanta on waiver (which would be an upgrade on my starter). Stop trying to give me good players! :rant: :laugh:

Currently in 2019-2020 season with a 3-3-2 record:

Hyman - Tkachyov - Kozun
Vrana - Khoklachev - Chiasson
Kubalik - Hrivik - Leivo
Tkachyov - Grigorenko - Okulov
Barbanov, Koshelev

Kulikov - Wideman
Igor Ozhiganov - Boqvist
Valiev - Subban
Brickley

Kareyev
Julius Hudacek

Vrana and Kulikov were cap relief trade from Caps and Jets.
Jordan Subban was on the block.
Hrivik, Valiev and Leivo were waiver claim.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Interesting comparaisons. Steve Moses again :laugh:. Matt Gaudreau has become a solid 4th liner for me as well. Kinda suprised you haven't brought over Boqvist yet, he is a bit raw but solid NHLer at 18 for me. Melker Karlsson is an off similiarity as well.

Oh have I tried...

I had the 6th overall pick so I didn't have a chance to draft Dahlin or Svechnikov so Boqvist was my choice. Immediately he signed a3 year deal with Ak Bars in KHL. Now I'm trying to sign him but he's asking closer to 4mil over 3 years and all I can offer is 925k/year. I have offered him 925k+3m sigining bonus as a core player and as a hot prospect but neither has been good enough. His attributes haven't been improving and he's constantly being bashed in russian media. :help:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
What personal rules are you using. I'd like to set-up some limitations (re: UFA's, waivers, trades, etc) to make it more realistic

I try not to trade for players unless they are in the trade block and I also neve ever will complete a trade unless it is equal player for player...ie no 3 for 1 deals.

I'll also sometimes go in and manage each team for a few days in the off season to make sure they sign all their valuable RFA players...the CPU does a very poor job of this and will let good potential young players walk as UFAs for no good reason.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Starting my 4th season with this line-up:
Vladimir Tkachyov - Jane Kovar - Jake Guentzel
Alex Killorn - Jeff Carter - Bryan Rust
Josh Archibald - Radek Faksa - Ville Leskinen
Leo Komarov - Dominic Toninato - Matt Gaudreau

Jake Gardinder - Ryan Ellis
Ryan Murray - Justin Braun
Brayden McNabb - Colin Miller

Calvin Pickard
Joni Ortio

Had a few upgrades on my D and got some great defensive forwards in the FA like Killorn, Rust, Faksa. Trying to keep my GA low.

Started my season 5-0-0 with 3 wins coming in the shootout with 17 GF - 9 GA.

Couldn't get Boqvist to come over but his KHL contract is up after this season so hopefully I'm able to sign him then. He has fallen to #4 in my prospect pool as his attributes have not improved. He's having a great start in KHL tho with 10 points in 21 games.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So apparently some posts were lost in the migration.

Here's the Kraken 2019-2020 mid-season report

Nov 24,19
Kraken struggle despite expectations, make change in net.
Kraken have struggled to a below .500 record. With major problems in net they have dealt Antti Niemi to Pittsburgh to replace former Kraken G Leland Irving as the backup for a PIT 5th Round in 2021. Last year ending backup Stephon Williams has been promoted to be the backup, with Stephan Dhillon moving up to AHL from ECHL.

Nov 28, 19
Following his release from the QMJHL, Kraken have signed former 2nd rounder Zachery Brouthiller to an ELC to move in ECHL as a developmental G.

Dec 17, 19
Kraken claim RW Nikita Soshnikov off waivers
Soshnikov spent much of last year with the Leafs scoring just 1 goal and 13 points in 54 games. Pursued in UFA by Kraken he signed with Ottawa where he got just 3 goals and 0 assists in 22 games this year before being waived. Expected to add scoring depth the Kraken.

Jan 7, 2020
Kraken fire Head Coach Don Hay
Hired just days after Holden Caulfield was made Kraken GM, the veteran WHL coach was considered a good hire for a team looking for a attacking style. He understood the troubles with the expansion plan and planned for that. Led a good charge late last year but as the team wanted to move toward playoff spot he has failed to deliver. Kraken announce assistant coach Randy Hillier will manage the team while they look for an interim coach.

Jan 10, 2020
Kraken hire Halifax Moosehead Head Coach Andre Tourigny as interim Head Coach
Named 2018-2019 CHL coach of the year Tourigny was considered the front runner for an NHL head coaching job in the off-season. The Kraken will give him a look to end the year, but consider him the front runner for the head coaching job moving forward.

Jan 13. 2020
Kraken mid-season report full of disappointment

The Kraken expected to make a serious move at deadline after failing to meet every expectation at the midway point of the season. With just a 16-20-5 record they sit 9 points out of playoffs, far below even fellow member of 5 expansion Milwaukee who has 48 points on the year.

Steve Moses is 3rd in the league with 24 goals, LW Tkachyov has 39pts in 37games, Prkhorkin is bouncing back with 34pts in 40games, Nugent-Hopkins is finally producing with 34pts and newcomer RW Martin Frk is breaking through with 31pts but the team overall has struggled. In particuler the PK is 33rd in league at 72.2% has contributed to defensive struggle but the 32rd ranked .881 team save percentage has been the biggest killer. The team need more out of the netminding positioning.

Kraken confirm rumours
Kraken have confirmed that G Jaroslav Halak and LD Brendan Dillon have been placed on the trade block ahead of the trade deadline. Both players have struggled this year. Also in the rumour mill are LW Melker Karlsson (39gp, 14pts) and C Marek Hrivik(37gp, 16pts), both of which are UFA to end the year.

WJC Report
LD Bowen Byram (1st Round, 17th Overall, 2019): Was a team leading +6 in 7 games while adding 3 assists. Played a solid 2nd pairing shutdown game.
RW Dominik Bokk (3rd Round, 77th Overall, 2018):
Scored just 2 goals and 3 points in 5 games as Germany once again qualified for a quarterfinal spot.
RD Danila Zhuralyov (3rd Round, 82nd Overall, 2018): Played a solid twoway game on the second pairing for the gold medal winning Russian team, scoring 3 assists in 7 games going +1.
LD Tobias Bjornfort (2nd Round 50th Overall, 2019): Breaking out this year with Saginaw Bjornfort played a solid 2nd pairing role for Sweden despite scoing just 1 assist in 7 games.
RW Judd Caulfield (2nd Round, 66th Overall, 2019): Hard hitting power forward from North Dakota broke out at World Juniors scoring 3 goals and 7 points en route to Silver Medal.
LW Blade Jenkins (4th Round, 113th Overall, 2018):
Scored 3 goals and 5 points in 7 games on the seocnd line providing USA with some much needed two=way presence.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
2019-2020 Trade Deadline Report
In their 3rd year progress does not appear to have been made with the Kraken. Firing their first franchise head coach heading into the deadline, with not that much youth forcing their way through the lineup the future is not looking up. Sporting a mere 24-27-7 record, a solid 13 points out it looks like selling time again for the Kraken.

February 23, 2020
Kraken trade G Jaroslav Halak and C Marek Hrivik to Dallas for LW Harry Zolnieryczyk, DAL 1st in 2021, DAL 1st in 2022
Dallas is making a serious run at the cup but needing some shoring up in secondary scoring and in net after Bishop went down for most of the rest of the year. Halak has been not great lately, losing his starting spot to journeyman Stephon Williams, but offers a veteran presence going forward and they were particularly interested in adding Hrivik for his PP presence and 2nd line scoring. Halak had 10-14-4 record with a .884 save percentage this year while Hrivik adds 11 goals and 27 points in 54 games after seasons of 64 and 50 points with the Kraken. Halak has one more year at 4 million while Hrivik is unrestricted in the off-season.
Kraken trade LD Brendan Dillon, C Ryan Moore, LW Marc Michaelis, and SEA 6th Round 2020 to Pittsburgh for LW Dominik Simon, G Leland Irving, and LD Matt Hunwick
Pens needed to add some depth to the roster on the blueline going forward so they targeted overpaid depth defenseman Dillon. Two prospects with questionable upside in Moore and Michaelis along with a 6th were thrown in as Pens constantly need cheap depth. The Kraken wanted injured forward Simon who despite struggles to just 1 goal, 5 points in 40 games this year has some solid all around talent that be better exploited in Seattle. Hunwick and Irving will report to Utah for rest of year before becoming UFA on July 1.
Kraken trade RW Anton Rodin and G Luke Richardson to Arizona for ARI 1st Round 2020
Coming off a 60 point debut campaign last year, Rodin has struggled to find a consistent role in Kraken offense this year scoring just 24points in 46 games and falling behind newcomer Frk in the depth chart. Rodin adds some solid secondary scoring for the Coyotes while Richardson adds some minor goaltending depth.
Kraken trade LW Melker Karlsson to Washington for WSH 2nd 2022
Karlssson is the ultimate versatile veteran with some leadership that is crucial for a playoff drive. He slot as high as Caps 2nd line coming off back to back 50 point seasons with the Kraken. Has just 24 points in 56 games this year as his role has been reduced and is UFA at end of year.

I'll do rest of league stuff tommorrow when I'm more awake.

Post Deadline Rosters
Vladimir Tkachyov (51-22-26-48) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (58-10-33-43) - Steve Moses (58-29-28-57)
Nikolai Prokhorkin (55-20-29-49) - Boone Jenner (53-9-12-21) - Nikita Soshnikov (14-0-4-4)
Oscar Lindberg (58-8-13-21) - Andrew Copp (50-4-7-11) - Matt Gaudreau (17-2-2-4)
Alex Tonge (9-0-0-0) - Domenic Commisso (0-0-0-0) - Brandon Hawkins (5-0-1-1)
ex: LW Robert Carpenter (2-0-0-0), C Jayden Halbgewachs (0-0-0-0)
IR: RW Martin Frk (58-27-24-51), C Konstantin Okulov (52-14-16-30), LW Dominik Simon (0-0-0-0)

Tobias Enstrom (58-4-24-28) - Cody Franson (54-1-20-21)
Christian Djoos (58-2-23-25) - Artyom Zub (54-0-11-11)
Jimmy Schuldt (3-0-0-0) - Darren Raddysh (25-1-5-6)
ex: RD Jordan Gross (0-0-0-0)
IR: RD Adam Boqvist (55-5-24-29), LD Jack Ahcan (0-0-0-0)

Stephon Williams (13-9-3, 2.86, .896, 0)
Vasily Demchenko (0-2-0, 3.50, .857, 0)

So I predict a fall in standings rest of the way haha.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Hello all currently recruiting for 3 online leagues. Anyone looking for an exciting challenge add Hero#9187 on discord or join the MHL discord group https://discord.gg/S5rUng.

Two of the leagues are current DB, 2021-2022 season. One of the leagues is on the Retro 1998 DB and is a couple seasons in.

Teams and details can be discussed in the discord channel. Online is competitive and a lot of fun, it's hard to go back to single player after playing online. But I know there are a lot of you out there who self impose rules to not break the game in half, so this is a worthy challenge for you.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I try not to trade for players unless they are in the trade block and I also neve ever will complete a trade unless it is equal player for player...ie no 3 for 1 deals.

I'll also sometimes go in and manage each team for a few days in the off season to make sure they sign all their valuable RFA players...the CPU does a very poor job of this and will let good potential young players walk as UFAs for no good reason.

How do you take control of multiple teams?

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Saskatchewan 5th season report
After reaching the Stanley Cup finals last year Saskathcewan Whitetails expected to do well this season. They did just that by finishing with a 51-20-11 record finishing 1st in the Western Conference.

Line-up:
Tkachyov-Kovar-Guentzel
Killorn-Carter-Rust
Archibald-Faksa-Weal
Komarov-Toninato-Gaudreau
Leskinen

Gardiner-Ellis
Murray-Braun
McNabb-Miller

Pickard
Ortio

Focusing on the defensive side Whitetails finished with 3rd keast goals allowed but also finished with 6th most goals scored. Leading the way was once again Vladimir Tkachyov who scored league leading 54 goals.

On the playoffs Saskatchewan Whitetails faced the playoffs first timers Seattle Krakens. Krakens surprised the Whitetails and beat them in 7 games. So after a promising regular season, the playoffs ended in a total failure.

May 8th, 2021: Whitetails sign RD Adam Boqvist
After spending 3 years with the Ak Bars Kazan Boqvist finally signs with the Whitetails. Boqvist immediately becomes one of the best Dmen in Saskatchewan and one of the top prospects in the league.

Thw Whitetails enter the draft including 20th and 33rd picks.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I understand that 'defensive power forwards' are excellent on the draw and take high penalty minutes, but are they supposed to have awful shooting attributes?

I drafted a DPF, but they have a very low rating in shooting and stick handling

It just seems laughable lol.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So I don't want to be too hard on the schedule considering the work Foppa has but into the 36 team database BUT...In the 2020-2021 season as the Seattle Kraken I spend the first 33 games of the year at home. From my season opener at October 9th until my 33rd game at home versus Milwaukee on 18th of December I'm at home. Go back and forth rest of the month for 3 games, then spend next 33 between January 3rd and March 14th on the road. What a stupid schedule.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Is there a chance that a Linux version of this game can be made available? As late as earlier in the year, I was able to get to run it under Wine, however it no longer works anymore (I am guessing something upgraded on my machine).

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Hmm...something's wrong with my game. I saved normally when I quit playing yesterday and now my lastest save file is named temp_save_file. Loading that file or loading my previous normal save crashes the game.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I played with Kansas City for a while, but decided to start a new save with Quebec instead. With KC I had no rules, this time I'll only sign, trade for and draft players (and staff) who are born in Quebec (I might allow myself to add French players as well, we'll see). For the first season I've added some players from free agency and waivers, but mostly the team consists of QMJHL overagers. This will be the lineup to begin with:

Alex Burrows - Marc-André Cliché - Maxime Fortier
François Beauchemin - Alex Barré-Boulet - Hugo Roy
Michaël Bournival - Alexandre Alain - Steve Bernier
Jordan Caron - Samuel Henley - Stefan Fournier
Patrick Bordeleau - Matthew Boucher

Ryan Culkin - Marc-André Gragnani
Olivier Galipeau - Marc-André Bergeron
Vincent Lanoue - Bradley Lalonde
Olivier LeBlanc

Yann Danis
Etienne Montpetit

riz

Is there a chance that a Linux version of this game can be made available? As late as earlier in the year, I was able to get to run it under Wine, however it no longer works anymore (I am guessing something upgraded on my machine).

No. The current version on Steam is and will be PC only. You can run the game with various third party apps on other platforms (such as PlayOnMac and PlayOnLinux) but those platforms are not officially supported.

The long term aim obviously is to get a new version of EHM that supports these various platforms just like FM does, but's a whole different story.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
I'm currently pretty happy of my lineup, but still managed to get just one SC so far cuz, Andersen really fails in the playoffs.

Connor - Matthews - Nylander
Ritchie - Nuge - Marner
Crouse - Kadri - Tuch
Grundström - Bjugstad - Kapanen
Extras: Brooks & Aho

Rielly - Montour
Theodore - Pulock
E. Bouchard - Liljegren
Extra: Borgman

Andersen
Korpisalo

Matvei Zaseda is by the way a huge prospect with Bouchard in this game. I got bouchard at #17 so it was a huge steal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haven't read the last two pages, but since every league has started playing the final TBL roster has be close for an official release, no? I totally understand how hard you guys are working and that the Beta version is out, but it's gotta be close yes?

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Haven't read the last two pages, but since every league has started playing the final TBL roster has be close for an official release, no? I totally understand how hard you guys are working and that the Beta version is out, but it's gotta be close yes?
The beta version thread at TBL has been locked due to people repeatedly asking when the rosters will be out http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18352&p=230973#p230973

For years now the TBL response to the question of a release date has been in a red banner across the top of relevant threads (including the beta thread); it says...

We cannot generally give estimated release dates for the TBL Rosters. If we do have an estimated release date then we will post it in the Site News. Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed. For obvious reasons we do not rush releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad