Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
One of the quirks of the lower levels of WC is that the greyed out teams tend to do well compared to countries with just barely enough to fill out a roster. Because too often the greyed out players are actually half-decent for that level (like 6-12 ratings) whereas teams that have just barely enough eligible players are filling out rosters with guys that are basically half 1's.

Yeah, too bad you can't actually sign grey'd out players. I remember seeing a German grey'd out goaltender who had nearly all 15's and 16's for attributes. Too bad he was fake!

I using the Beta DB, but it should suffice.

I am done with at least three to four countries. For example, I changed Tyler Graovac, Jack Roslovic, and Jonah Gadjovich all to Bosnia and Herzegovina and some of their first names to the closest of the language's region. I am trying to avoid in doing NHL all-stars, but I do have a few like Luongo to Italy, Marc-Édouard Vlasic to Croatia, Tavares to Portugal, etc. I also expanded upon the CHL import limit increasing it to 5 and USHL/NAHL's to 10.

Not really doing islands like Fiji and Solomon, but I try and do some of the more major countries like Jamaica, Algeria, and Turkey as such examples. However, in the Editor I did see a bunch of countries where you can edit their status, hockey, and development which might deal with future development. So for another example...

Armenia it says development state "third world", hockey importance "minor", and League Standard "1". Don't know what league standard is.

My main plan is...

- International player stuff
- Expand on IIHF (more teams in the main group and maybe make a division 4)
- Try to expand on Olympics
- Try to expand on World Cup (E: it actually seems the easiest to do)
- Create Seattle Metropolitans
- Make 32 AHL teams (and adjust realignment)
- Make 32 ECHL teams (and adjust realignment)

The problem is I have no clue in how you do half of this stuff, especially the IIHF. I looked to see what the difference is between USA and a team not in any IIHF like Algeria and I can't figure it out. I will want to definitely do all the IIHF stuff and have all the divisions play at the same time, since I am changing a lot of ECHL, AHL, and NHL nationalities. I was reading in TBL and Foppa mentioned that it's extremely difficult to create teams which I have at least 8 to create to reach to 32 in all the three NA leagues, so it might kill my desire to create majority of those. I might just edit already made teams and put them into the AHL and ECHL like teams from SPHL and FHL. E: just realised that a lot of these teams are in the game and just need to be re-edited to be put back to functionality.

Here is the idea I had down below. But I've noticed that the scheduling really sucks in the Editor, so I might leave it back to 8 team divisions.

I believe like Ale said was most of the stuff is hard-coded so filling in and adding teams to certain countries may crash the game entirely. I actually had a thought last night of a Division 4 of the IIHF for countries like Brazil and Portugal (where they don't have a team in real life) participate in a tournament, and have a relegation/promotion style event. I don't think that's in the cards though.

The World Cup in Hockey's sense is so weird considering in Football there is a qualification process and everything. Unless there is a way in the offseason there can be qualification games?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think you can expand IIHF tournaments without getting a crash. A lot of that stuff is hardcoded.
It makes sense why I couldn't find anything under either the IIHF or national team. Man that sucks, that hampers my plans to a degree because I really wanted to add some more teams from Southeast Asia and Africa. So I can't even add a 4th group? Zero U20 either? What about adjusting the schedule for some of the lower IIHF divisions? Is Olympics similar to IIHF in hardcode?

I believe like Ale said was most of the stuff is hard-coded so filling in and adding teams to certain countries may crash the game entirely. I actually had a thought last night of a Division 4 of the IIHF for countries like Brazil and Portugal (where they don't have a team in real life) participate in a tournament, and have a relegation/promotion style event. I don't think that's in the cards though.

The World Cup in Hockey's sense is so weird considering in Football there is a qualification process and everything. Unless there is a way in the offseason there can be qualification games?
The World Cup might actually be workable since when you click under certain categories, one of them shows all the teams within the tournament (haven't checked if you could add more in or not). So maybe disregarding any qualifications, you just add the amount of teams you would like from 16, 24, 32, or even 48 and maybe make group stages with the top 2 advancing. Again no idea how I would do this, but it's worth chequing out if IIHF is a bust.

Last edited:

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Random story:
I win the cup in year 4, but will be way over cap going into year 5. So I deal krieder to Calgary for a #1&2...ends up both CAL and NYR(me) have bad years with CAL being the worst team in the league. In theory that should get me picks #1 and #9 going into draft, I proceed to lose and reload the lottery 4-5 times, each time ending up with #4 in a draft that has a clear top2 and an ok #3, then average top ten. Eventually i give up trying after the lottery drops me at #3, and end up dealing #3,#10 and prospect for #1 pick. High price i thought, but gets me the Finnish center.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
The World Cup might actually be workable since when you click under certain categories, one of them shows all the teams within the tournament (haven't checked if you could add more in or not). So maybe disregarding any qualifications, you just add the amount of teams you would like from 16, 24, 32, or even 48 and maybe make group stages with the top 2 advancing. Again no idea how I would do this, but it's worth chequing out if IIHF is a bust.

So technically you could possibly have a 48-team World Cup?

That's actually really interesting. Just feel like the only issue would be a scheduling conflict. Unless you were to have a whole month dedicated toward the tournament.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So technically you could possibly have a 48-team World Cup?

That's actually really interesting. Just feel like the only issue would be a scheduling conflict. Unless you were to have a whole month dedicated toward the tournament.
It would be possible if you're able to add teams like India, Tunisia, Algeria, others from Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Balkans (Moldova, Armenia, Greece, etc.). Again I haven't chequed if this is to be the case, and maybe a more experienced poster with Editor can help us.

Yeah the scheduling would really have to be redone, you would have to perhaps put it in the early September, late August, or even earlier. But that also rises other problems like player vacation mode.

Here are all the playable teams in EHM based upon being in every level of the IIHF tournament. I count 47 teams.
Australia
Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
China
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Great Britain
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
North Korea
Norway
Poland
Romania
Russia
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
U.A.E.
Ukraine
USA

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Year 4 Seattle Kraken Review. Season ends in absolute heartbreak!

The newfound Kraken end the season in complete heartbreak.

October 20, 2020
Kraken trade C Mikhail Grigorenko to Rangers for C Cristoval Nieves
Grigorenko has struggled through pre-season and was -2 in his sole Kraken game. Nieves is a 26yo who is a decent depth.

January 21, 2021
Kraken trade LW Zach Hyman for Sabres C Zemgus Girgensons
Defensive forward Hyman has just 2goals in 35 games with struggling so Kraken wanted to add equal defensive forward Girgensons with adding some offense.

Trade Deadline
Kraken trade LW Oscar Lindberg to Sabres for BUF 1st Round 2021

Refusing to re-sign Lindberg had 16pts in 50 games while providing a consistent two-game but he had no upside.
Kraken trade LD Tobias Enstrom to Kings for LD Alex Lintuniemi, LAK 3rd Round 2023
Pending UFA Enstrom had little value at 36yo but he got some return to LA who needed some D depth.
Kraken trade RD Cody Franson to Blue Jackets for CBJ 2nd 2025
33yo Franson had another year on contract but had little more role to play on Kraken whereas CBJ needed depth for playoffs.
Kraken trade RW Steve Moses to Jets for WPG 1st 2023
For the second time Moses returns a 1st round pick, he had 25g, 46pts in 60 games this year.
Kraken trade LW Daniel Carr, PIT 5th round 2021 to Golden Knights for RW Marko Dano
Carr's 2nd stint in Seattle was much less successful getting just 1 goal in 26 games as the extra forward. Dano has bounced around as an extra forward.
Kraken trade C Kevin Hancock, LD Alex Lintuniemi, rights to LW Thomas Casey to Stars for LD Esa Lindell and G Jaroslav Halak
Lindell is leaving poor Stars team and Kraken think they can revive the for 40+pts defenseman. Halak is retiring and will not play. Hancock is a decent prospect who has regressed in Seattle along with former 6th round Casey who might develop.
Kraken trade C Morgan Frost, C Cristoval Nieves, G Stephon Williams to Coyotes for ARI 1st Round 2022
Their starter done for the year the Coyotes were desperate for a goalie, and Williams has shown inconsistent but solid play at NHL level. Prospect Frost and depth Nieves add something for deal.
Kraken trade RD Jesse Lees, RW Matt Gaudreau, and SEA 7th Round 2021 to Kings for C Jeff Carter
Carter had negative value as he had been buried in AHL with 1.5 years left at 5.65 million on his deal. He can barely skate but should help on 3rd line as a scorer.
Kraken claim LD Thomas Hickey (KC) off waivers
With trades Hickey can add some depth.

End of year.
For the Kraken it all came down to the last game of the year. After the deadline the young roster made a huge run towards playoffs. With the season resting on the final game of the year the Kraken fail to advance losing 4-2 to the Ducks. A win would have made the playoffs for the Kraken.

Draft Day:
Kraken draft LW Troy Underwood 1st Round, 11th Overall
Small quick forward had a solid year at Union. Has Patrick Kane upside.
Kraken trade SEA 1st Round (15th Ovr, RW Cameron Brooks) to Islanders for NYI 1st Round (20th Over), NYI 2nd 2022, NYI 3rd 2023
Nothing much there Kraken trade down
Kraken draft RD Frederik Bowness 1st Round, 20th Overall
Amazing skater, works mostly offensive he is a bit of project but has solid upside
Kraken trade LD Thomas Hickey to Sabres for RW Nicholas Baptiste
Hickey rejuvenated his career in Seattle with 20 solid games, whereas Baptiste has struggles to establish himself in Buffalo.
Kraken trade C Jordan Maher, LD Jimmy Schuldt to Hurricanes for C Eric Staal, LD Josh Wesley, CAR 4th in 2023, CAR 5th in 2023
Hurricanes add some prospect depth in Maher and a 7/8 D who has struggled to take next step in Schudlt for 4th and 5th as both Staal and Wesley are pending UFA's.
Kraken draft RW Joseph Jaques 2nd round, 40th overall
Speedy shooting winger with upside but long way off.
Kraken draft LD Morgan Desroches 2nd round, 51st overall
Speedy puck moving defense that has lots of upside but still a bit of a project.
Kraken trade LD Jonathan Smart, SEA 3rd Round 2021, NYI 4th Round 2021 to Flames for CGY 2nd Round 2021 (52nd Overall)
Kraken draft LW Ed Rochon 2nd Round, 52 Overall

Rochon is a very speedy forward with lots of offensive potential. Smart is a defensive defenseman that had little potential in this system.
Kraken trade C Steven Lorentz, CAR 4th in 2021 to Panthers for NYI 2nd 2021
Kraken draft C Keoni Suter 2nd Round, 56th overall

6'5'' Suter is a project but a talented one. Lorentz adds depth to Islanders.
Kraken draft LW Niclas Andersson 3rd Round, 96th overall
Strong stickhandling forward with uptapped potential.
Kraken draft C Kelen Poehlng 3rd Round, 105th Overall
Defensive center that is a very good skater, he has much time to develop in college.
Kraken draft RW Troy Daniels 4th Round, 123rd Overall
Speedy winger that has a decent shot heading to college he has alot of time to develop.
Kraken draft LD Oldrich Cunik 5th Round, 159th Overall
Massive 6'9'' defenseman had a breakout year in Slovakia as a part of a strong Martin team, he has strong all around play.
Kraken draft RD Brady Bouchard 6th Round, 195th Overall
A more traditional puck moving D, Bouchard has yet to really realize his skill even at CHL level but has some upside.

This is how the roster ended the year

Vladimir Tkachyov (82-40-53-93) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (82-20-44-64) - Blake Wheeler (76-39-37-76)
Nikolai Prokhorkin (82-34-41-75) - Alexis Lafreniere (59-21-26-47) - Martin Frk (79-32-39-71)
Isac Andersson (79-16-27-43) - Jeff Carter (22-7-2-9) - Marko Dano (22-0-6-6)
Zemgus Girgensons (37-3-0-3) - Andrew Copp (82-7-5-12) - Adrian Kempe (80-8-17-25)
Jujhar Khaira (18-0-2-2)

TJ Brodie (81-6-39-45) - Adam Boqvist (82-4-40-44)
Esa Lindell (22-0-13-13) - Artyom Zub (81-1-10-11)
Thomas Hickey (22-1-4-5) - Jordan Gross (66-1-23-24)
Jack Ahcan (21-0-8-8)

Garret Sparks (56-30-21-5-2.91-.895-2)
Mason McDonald (14-7-5-2-3.15-.893-0)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Has anyone experienced with the three point system for the NHL? I am thinking of implementing it for my international database.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
With Shipachyov heading back to Russia (as it seems), is there anyway in the editor to keep him from going back? I remember doing it with Pavel Brendl a while back. Is it changing the adaptability setting?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Anyone know when the next roster update is coming out? Sounds like things happened and they missed their given October deadline. It would be nice to know when the next estimate would be.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Started a new save with the Rangers and Lundqvist got injured for 9 months before the preseason even starts, and then retires in November. Guess I'm rebuilding the Rangers.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Anyone know when the next roster update is coming out? Sounds like things happened and they missed their given October deadline. It would be nice to know when the next estimate would be.
There was no "deadline" given nor is there an estimate date given

They don't give such dates/there's a big banner in red across the top of the TBL Rosters Forum page saying "Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed."

The 2017-18 beta rosters thread at TBL was locked due to people repeatedly asking for a release date

FYI - in 2016 the TBL Rosters were released on December 18th, in 2015 the TBL Rosters were released on November 1st, and in 2014 the TBL Rosters were released on October 12th, and in 2013 the TBL Rosters were released on December 22nd http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There was no "deadline" given nor is there an estimate date given

They don't give such dates/there's a big banner in red across the top of the TBL Rosters Forum page saying "Please do not ask us when the release date will be as we simply cannot say. The update work is undertaken by a small number of very kind users who do the work in their spare time. It is simply the case that the update will be released as soon as the planned work has been completed."

The 2017-18 beta rosters thread at TBL was locked due to people repeatedly asking for a release date

FYI - in 2016 the TBL Rosters were released on December 18th, in 2015 the TBL Rosters were released on November 1st, and in 2014 the TBL Rosters were released on October 12th, and in 2013 the TBL Rosters were released on December 22nd http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

From the front page:

What's NOT in:
* All the leagues in 9.6 are active. If your favorite league isn't in the aforementioned list, it will be updated in time for the October release.
* NCAA teams are NOT updated
* NHL players are NOT re-rated.

Maybe I misunderstood but doesn't this infer that the update would be released in October? Anyways, not trying to sound accusatory because I appreciate what you guys do. Just from what I read I thought it was an estimate of sorts. I usually just check the front page and not the forum, so I missed that banner.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
From the front page:

Maybe I misunderstood but doesn't this infer that the update would be released in October? Anyways, not trying to sound accusatory because I appreciate what you guys do. Just from what I read I thought it was an estimate of sorts. I usually just check the front page and not the forum, so I missed that banner.

There was a "Beta" release in September I think. I assume that was the update with new leagues.

I think the first "official" rosters didn't come out until December last year.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bump for a new NHL 36 v1.2 update. While we eagerly await the TBL update - if you like to focus on the NHL and don't mind playing in a bit of a fantasy world where there are 36 teams - the NHL36 database should satisfy the desire for some realistic 2017-18 action (aside from the uh...5 extra teams...lol)!

- Updated transactions from NHL/AHL/NCAA/USHL/OHL/QMJHL/WHL/KHL/SHL/Liiga

- More future draft tweaks to 2018/2019/2020/2021 draftees to really create pools of talented youngsters that will be impact players in this game.

- Continued to tweak some ratings & depth charts now that we are settling in to some more solid line-ups and player usage in the NHL. More rookie ratings increases for better roles, more ratings decreases for older former stars who look to be falling off the proverbial cliff and a bunch of goalie tweaks as well. I've run a few test sims and it models pretty darn well compared to real life thus far. Lots of tweaks to Vegas involved as well based on how they have been lining up.

- Fixed a bug where Ken Holland always traded BOTH Jimmy Howard and Petr Mrazek for peanuts. They may still look to deal one but its not the fire sale it was before.

- Fixed an issue where Matt Duchene could be had for very cheap. His bridges with Colorado are still burned and he won't re-sign in Colorado (he hates Joe Sakic and Jared Bednar) but now Sakic won't part with him as easily...which...basically reflects the real life situation.

- Shipachyov is still in Vegas but he's buried in the depth chart and hates both McPhee and Gallant (and they don't like him either). They will deal him for peanuts (like a 7th round pick) just to get rid of his contract...he's still very talented, easily a 2nd line center in terms of pure skill but I've given him a very low adaptability rating so your mileage may vary.

- The KHL update includes some improved ratings for 2017-18 breakout stars...this is relevant because it's a rich pool of talent if you are playing as one of the expansion teams and trying to build your roster. With more and more UFA's signed in real life, the UFA pool is only getting shallower with each update so a real key is to try and sign KHL and AHL guys to help build your team. Some KHL players will come over right away, some you have to wait for their KHL contracts to expire.

- Also did some NCAA ratings bumps based on early season returns so that's also a good pool to look at for signing roster fillers...Daniel Brickley is a well-known standout but you can add Jimmy Schuldt from St. Cloud State to your shopping lists as well as he has been a beast early on this season and is sure to attract major NHL attention next summer.

New File as of 9:00 AM 11/4/17 - Fortier signed by CBJ, Korostelev on Peterborough, boosted Elias Pettersson based on his amazing start, etc...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clw4jwqr9jmch79/NHL 36 v1.2.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
From the front page:

We had hoped for an October release but we missed it mostly because of low researcher numbers and partly because of a researcher being unwell. I think we're getting close but I can't speak on behalf of Manimal I'm afraid (he decides when it is ready).

There are some things I think we could do more quickly/efficiently next summer if I can get the right functionality added to the Editor.

Reactions: PAZ

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
You didn't misunderstand/my apologies
I wasn't aware enough of the Front Page statement details (I stopped helping with the TBL Rosters in the summer of 2016)

Sorry about that!

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
- Fixed a bug where Ken Holland always traded BOTH Jimmy Howard and Petr Mrazek for peanuts. They may still look to deal one but its not the fire sale it was before.

What'd you do to fix that? I have no idea what you'd change in the editor that affects the likeliness for a player to be traded.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
What'd you do to fix that? I have no idea what you'd change in the editor that affects the likeliness for a player to be traded.

Yup it's a trick I carried over from Footy Manager.

Go to a player's or staff member's preferences...you'll see the ability to edit clubs or staff that said person likes or dislikes.

By editing those you can greatly affect how a player is handled in the game. By setting a player to "dislike" a club you automatically make it basically impossible for that player to re-sign with that club (or sign with that club when they are free agents).

For example...I have Matt Duchene "disliking" Joe Sakic and Jared Bednar. He's unlikely to re-sign in Colorado. I used to also have him disliking Colorado as a team but that tanked his value too much IMO. By doing that - it made Sakic deal him as if he were a 2 or 3 star valued trade piece and that was simply too low. I also have Ron Francis, Hurricanes GM and David Poile, Predators GM - "liking" Duchene...these are clearly teams that have been in the hunt for Duchene and need extra firepower at center...it's an attempt to influence who they may look at in trades. Now, it's unlikely to have an impact every sim but it was worth considering.

For Shipachyov, I have him disliking Vegas, George McPhee and Gallant. Plus I lowered his "Current Reputation" to "1" and gave him low adaptability. It means the game will now reflect that although he is still Vegas property (at the moment) - his situation is completely untenable and there is no way he will ever play for Vegas again and he's likely to be available for next to nothing or go back to Russia. All this despite his talent probably being along with James Neal, the highest pure talent on the Vegas franchise. In the game, Vegas either waives him or deals him for peanuts now.

I had Ken Holland disliking Petr Mrazek and Jimmy Howard as both were at times last year rumored to be on the block - Mrazek especially as he was left exposed in the expansion draft. But Howard has been very good this year and has been a trooper for the Wings - he's clearly not going anywhere and now that the expansion draft is over - there's no reason for the Wings to deal Mrazek cheaply either.

Same with Halak in Brooklyn. Lost his job to Greiss and was rumored to be available last year and was even waived so I made him dislike the Islanders and made Snow dislike him but he's back being the starter and in good graces so I've nixed that.

By editing staff preferences like above you can greatly influence how the CPU treats players and how players respond to being on certain teams.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Yup it's a trick I carried over from Footy Manager.

Go to a player's or staff member's preferences...you'll see the ability to edit clubs or staff that said person likes or dislikes.

By editing those you can greatly affect how a player is handled in the game. By setting a player to "dislike" a club you automatically make it basically impossible for that player to re-sign with that club (or sign with that club when they are free agents).

For example...I have Matt Duchene "disliking" Joe Sakic and Jared Bednar. He's unlikely to re-sign in Colorado. I used to also have him disliking Colorado as a team but that tanked his value too much IMO. By doing that - it made Sakic deal him as if he were a 2 or 3 star valued trade piece and that was simply too low. I also have Ron Francis, Hurricanes GM and David Poile, Predators GM - "liking" Duchene...these are clearly teams that have been in the hunt for Duchene and need extra firepower at center...it's an attempt to influence who they may look at in trades. Now, it's unlikely to have an impact every sim but it was worth considering.

For Shipachyov, I have him disliking Vegas, George McPhee and Gallant. Plus I lowered his "Current Reputation" to "1" and gave him low adaptability. It means the game will now reflect that although he is still Vegas property (at the moment) - his situation is completely untenable and there is no way he will ever play for Vegas again and he's likely to be available for next to nothing or go back to Russia. All this despite his talent probably being along with James Neal, the highest pure talent on the Vegas franchise. In the game, Vegas either waives him or deals him for peanuts now.

I had Ken Holland disliking Petr Mrazek and Jimmy Howard as both were at times last year rumored to be on the block - Mrazek especially as he was left exposed in the expansion draft. But Howard has been very good this year and has been a trooper for the Wings - he's clearly not going anywhere and now that the expansion draft is over - there's no reason for the Wings to deal Mrazek cheaply either.

Same with Halak in Brooklyn. Lost his job to Greiss and was rumored to be available last year and was even waived so I made him dislike the Islanders and made Snow dislike him but he's back being the starter and in good graces so I've nixed that.

By editing staff preferences like above you can greatly influence how the CPU treats players and how players respond to being on certain teams.

I always assumed that was fluff, but it makes sense that it'd make a difference in their likeliness to sign/get traded. Does it have the effect when you set players favorite other players?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I always assumed that was fluff, but it makes sense that it'd make a difference in their likeliness to sign/get traded. Does it have the effect when you set players favorite other players?

I know that them liking other players shows up in their profiles but I'm not sure it affects anything on the ice or when a "friend" gets traded.

Frankly I'm not sure how or even if there is a way EHM treats line chemistry or cohesion. I would love to see in a future edition of EHM some kind of indicator line chemistry. Where if you play certain guys on the same line together often they build chemistry and the line improves as a whole beyond their given attributes. Or...for example, if a line has too much finesse and zero defensive ability or physical traits it becomes less effective. It would give more incentive to mix and match your line combos and maybe say stick a "garbage man" on a top line just to give it some variety.

The game may already do some of this behind the scenes, I'm not sure. And of course you can tweak your unit tactics according to how you develop your lines. I just wish it was a more integrated and visual part of the game's strategy.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm still trying to figure out when praising, criticizing, defending and no commenting a guy is the right thing to do.

I notice in the lower leagues praising a guy will get the higher leagues to show up and try to sign him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Here's an NHL36 update with the Duchene mega-trade:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clw4jwqr9jmch79/NHL 36 v1.2.zip?dl=0

af0d955afcaa69443b8c709b6b654d97.jpg

35e819d7952f95cdb44c936cba9cfa5e.jpg

8c47777b9ddcecdb1a80f408f9ad6766.jpg

82f17fdd6a215abc58aa08c6f2f8e401.png

f1d8d60f8b6863f7683bcb79d8ce161c.png

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
NHL36 Seattle Kraken Season 5 (Entering 2021-22 Season) Off-Season Update.

Entering the draft the Kraken are looking to make the next step. With lots of draft pick currency, it might be a different looking roster going forward coming off a disappointing season that was supposed to be the next step into playoffs.

June 18, 2021
Kraken trade LD Thomas Hickey to Sabres for RW Nicholas Baptiste

Overpaid depth player with 1 year left for overpaid depth player with 1 year left. Not much news there, Baptiste might be a depth piece next year or might fail to make team.
Kraken trade LD Jimmy Schuldt and C Jordan Maher to Hurricanes for C Eric Staal, LD Josh Wesley, CAR 4th in 2023, CAR 5th in 2023
Both Staal and Wesley are pending UFA's that will be released. Schuldt has failed to get beyond a #8 role and crack the roster for the past 4 years, so he will get a new chance in Carolina. Maher is a depth prospect unlikely to develop.

June 19, 2021
Kraken trade SEA 1st Round 2021 (15th Overall, RW Cameron Brooks) to Islanders for NYI 1st Round 2021 (20th Overall, RD Frederik Bowness), NYI 2nd Round 2022, NYI 3rd Round 2024

Kraken not finding much available decide to move down in the first round.
Kraken trade LD Jonathan Smart, RW Ryan O'Reilly, SEA 3rd Round 2021 (87th Overall - LW Tyrees Baies), NYI 4th Round 2021 (128th Overall - RW Tomas Ornskog) to Flames for CGY 2nd 2021 (52nd Overall - LW Ed Rochon)
Using some trade picks and prospect currency the Kraken trade up to middle of 2nd round for their target.
Kraken trade C Steven Lorentz and CAR 4th Round 2021 (125th Overall - G Brian Fransoo) to Panthers for NYI 2nd Round 2021 (56th Overall - C Keoni Sutter)
Depth forward for the trade up for another draft target.

Kraken draft LW Troy Underwood, 1st Round, 11th Overall (NCAA)
Speedy undersized forward with top notch hands.
Kraken draft RD Frederik Bowness 1st Round, 20th Overall (WHL)
Strong passing and skating twoway defenseman.
Kraken draft LD Matheus Landstrom 1st Round, 36th Overall (ALK)
Undersized skating puckmoving defenseman,
Kraken draft RW Joseph Jacques 2nd Round, 40th Overall (WHL)
Kraken draft LD Morgan Desroches 2nd Round, 51st Overall (WHL)
Kraken draft LW Ed Rochon 2nd Round, 52nd Overall (OHL)
Kraken draft C Keoni Suter 2nd Round, 56th Overall (NCAA)
Kraken draft LW Niclas Andersson 3rd Round, 96th Overall (OHL)
Kraken draft C Kelen Poehling 3rd Round, 105th Overall (NCAA)
Kraken draft RW Troy Daniels 4th Round, 123rd Overall (NCAA)
Kraken draft LD Oldrich Cunik 5th Round, 159th Overall (SVK)
Kraken draft RD Brady Bouchard 6th Round, 195th Overall (OHL)

Off-Season Report for Kraken
Kraken let 4 walk to UFA status, 1 to RFA status

Deadline acquisition Esa Lindell, despite numerous attempts by Kraken to re-sign him, has left the team as a UFA. 3 paper transactions in Jaroslav Halak, Eric Staal, and Josh Wesley have all left as UFA's. Jujhar Khaira has become an RFA with the team.

July 9th, 2021
Kraken announce massive Jake Allen contract!

It appears the merry go round for the Kraken in net has ended with a massive 7 year, 46.5 million dollar deal, which is front loaded to pay him 9,5 million this upcoming season. Coming off 7 years in St. Louis with a career .916 save percentage, he will be expected to stablize the net for the Kraken. Kraken also sign prospect RW Judd Caulfield to an ELC and re-sign RFA Jujhar Khaira to a 2 year, 730K per deal.

July 12th, 2021
Kraken trade G Mason McDonald, LD Jack Ahcan, SEA 1st Round 2022 to Panthers for LD Michael Matheson and LW Andrew Ladd.

Kraken place LW Andrew Ladd on waivers for purposes of a buyout.
McDonald becomes expendable with the addition of Allen in net. Ahcan served well as a #7 but lacks upside. Kraken are clearly going for it dealing their 1st pick next year. Matheson is signed for 2 more years at just 3.3 per year, adds a stablizing presence on the back end with solid defensive play and skating. Ladd was included for cap purposes, will be bought out.

August 4th, 2021
Kraken sign Esa Lindell and a prospect

Lindell, the former 57 point defenseman, struggled to find the right deal as he has regressed to healthy scratch in Dallas last year before the deal to Kraken. Seattle knows that they are getting a steal though at 3 years 10.2 million. Also sign prospect G Anthony Popovich

September 29th, 2021
Kraken claim C Jean-Gabriel Pageau off waivers from Nordiques

Training Camp Battles Overview
Goaltending:
There was no battles here. Allen is the unquestioned starter, Sparks (despite winning 30 games last year for Kraken) will be the backup. Two Kraken draft picks in Utah in Bouthillier and Dhillon.
Defense: The top 4 was locked down solid with Brodie, Boqvist, Matheson, and Lindell. Zub would figure in the final 3, as would Gross. So one open spot for either press box or 3rd pairing. Come down to 19 yo Suoraniemi (28th 2020), 20 yo Byram (17th 2019), or if neither was 3rd pairing ready then 23 yo Clague (trade 2019) as the PB guy. Clague would end up on waivers and Bryam would take the spot as the best fit next to defensive Zub with Gross starting in PB.
Forward: Roster looked fairly set in stone, the first crack in that appearing when the waiver claim came through that Pageau was joining the mix. Now with 15 waiver eligible forwards someone would have to be on waivers. However really strong camps from 21 yo Kurashev (44th 2018), 22yo Meireles (72nd 2018), Carson (134th 2108) were also mucking up the way. In the end after long talks with veteran Jeff Carter it was decided that he would be placed on waivers and if cleared he would captain the Utah Grizzlies this year. Too much young talent pushing out the 36 yo veteran despite a strong end to last year. Jujhar Khaira was also waived and sent down. Kurashev and Carson would be sent down but first on a recall list.

2021-22 Seattle Kraken (Age, Last Years Statsin NHL total)
Vladimir Tkachyov (25yo, 82-40-53-93) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins "A" (28yo, 82-20-44-64) - Blake Wheeler "C" (35yo, 76-39-37-76)
Nikolai Prokhorkin (28yo, 82-34-41-75) - Alexis Lafreniere (19yo, 59-21-26-47) - Martin Frk (27yo, 79-32-39-71)
Marko Dano (26yo, 67-1-10-11) - Isac Andersson (20yo, 79-16-27-43) - Adrian Kempe (25yo, 80-8-17-25)
Zemgus Girgensons "A" (27yo, 78-4-8-12) - Jean Gabriel Pageau (28yo, 75-10-16-26) - Andrew Copp (27yo, 82-7-5-12)

Mike Matheson (27yo, 82-5-32-37) - Adam Boqvist (21yo, 82-4-40-44)
Esa Lindell (27yo, 81-3-33-36) - TJ Brodie "A" (31yo, 81-6-39-45)
Bowen Byram (20yo, 0-0-0-0) - Artyom Zub (25yo, 81-1-10-11)

Jake Allen (31yo, 64-32-22-10, .913, 2.44, 1)
Garret Sparks (28yo, 56-30-21-5, .895, 2.91, 2)

Ex: RD Jordan Gross (26yo, 66-1-23-24), C Greg Meireles (22yo, 0-0-0-0), RW Nicholas Baptiste (26yo, 14-1-1-2)

Utah Grizzlies (Age, Acquired, NHL GP in Career so far)
Phillip Kurashev (21yo, #44 2018, 1) - Dominic Commisso (23yo, UDFA 2018, 15) - Dominik Bokk (21yo, #77 2018, 0)
Blade Jenkins (21yo, #113 2018, 0) - Cole Fonstad (21yo, #74 2018, 0) - Jeff Carter "C" (36yo, Trade 20-21, 1129GP)
Joel Teasdale (22yo, #107 2018, 0) - MacAuley Carson (22yo, #134 2018, 5) - Nicolas Guay (22yo, #230 2019, 0)
Jujhar Khaira (27yo, Wvr 20-21, 194) - Mason Primeau (20yo, #86 2019, 0) - Judd Caulfield (20yo, #66 2019, 0)

Tobias Bjornfot (20yo, #50 2019, 0) - Kale Clague (23yo, Trade 19-20, 0)
Danila Zhuravlyov (21yo, #82 2018, 0) - Nestor Suoraniemi (19yo, #28 2020, 0)
Eero Teravainen (22yo, UDFA 20-21, 0) - Noah Dobson (21yo, #93 2018, 0)

Stephen Dhillon (23yo, #111 2018, 0)
Zachary Bouthillier (21yo, #69 2018, 0)

ECHL
G Anthony Popovich (22yo, UDFA 21-22, 0)
G Carl Stankowski (21yo, UDFA 21-22, 0)
LD Jordan Harris ( 21yo, #138 2019, 0)
C Jamieson Rees (20yo, #52 2019, 0)
RW Max Ellis (21yo, UDFA 21-22, 0)
RW Martin Pospisil (21yo, #149 2018, 0)

Juniors
LW Massimo Rizzo (20yo, UFA 21-22, 0)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ok guys, I've got a pretty fun new update for the NHL36 DB just released on TBL.

I’ve done a pretty detailed expansion draft involving the 5 teams that will help give them a jump start now that UFA signing options in real life are slim.

The beauty is though that I’m going to release this as an xlsx file to import into the database. It’ll already be formatted correctly. The actual db will still leave the expansion teams blank. But this way, you can get NHL36 updates but just apply the xlsx file to any update. And you’ll easily and simply be able to edit the xlsx to come up with your own expansion rosters. So even when I update the database with real transactions, you’ll always be able to start the game with your own, personalized expansion rosters but also get the latest real updates.

Plus as a bonus, I’ll also make available my expansion draft cheat sheet which allows you to conduct your wn complete expansion draft. It’s still all manual but the various screens will let you keep track of selections, depth charts and teams picked from so you can construct realistic expansion teams pick by pick.

I walk you through the process and provide the required downloads (both the Import file and the Expansion Draft file) in the NHL36 thread at TBL here (won't post it all here because it is a lot)
Project NHL 36 - a 2017-18 DB with 36 Team NHL/AHL/ECHL!

Bottom line though? You can always keep getting the new updated NHL36 databases and in mere seconds, always have the expansion teams pre-setup either by the expansion draft challenge I did or however you want to set them up. This way you are never locked in to using out of date game data or forced to manually re-create expansion team rosters every time I update the database.

Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->