Player Discussion: dylan samberg

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I see Stanley as a fine 7th d. Fine to play when there are a bunch of injuries but not in your regular line up when everyone is healthy.
I just think he’s likely too valuable to keep at 7th D when depth at forward, though we managing, is still pretty thin. I think a trade for him could be plausible but I’d still rather move a heavy ticket guy like Dillon or Schmidt.

However, guess if he’s your 7, that’s a good spot to have.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I just think he’s likely too valuable to keep at 7th D when depth at forward, though we managing, is still pretty thin. I think a trade for him could be plausible but I’d still rather move a heavy ticket guy like Dillon or Schmidt.

I think depth has been really strong for jets. Barron, flow, Gus, Apple. Where we are weak is in that replacement top 6 spot. I don’t think Stanley in a trade as the main piece brings you that middle 6 who would look good in top 6. Even with our 1st. I also imagine if we start trading our 1sts pld wants out Schief demands too much in next contract or wants out.
That said if we can get good to decent value for him number #7’s have very little value unless they are Chris Chelios and would easily move him.

Reactions: Buffdog

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I think that it is turning out that we have been underestimating our forward depth. We have had several depth forwards step up and play very well. And are prospect pipeline has a lot of nice talent at forward coming available in the next couple years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think that it is turning out that we have been underestimating our forward depth. We have had several depth forwards step up and play very well. And are prospect pipeline has a lot of nice talent at forward coming available in the next couple years.

I'm not ready to say our depth is better then expected just yet. We have a few tweeners who I think are over performing right now. Hey I'll take it but I'm not willing to bet on all of them being able to maintain their current level indefinitely. I think we will be fortunate if one of them turns into a everyday NHL player.

Outside of Rashevsky I think our forward prospects are years away. Lucious has had a hard time adjusting to the AHL so far and he's out with yet another long term injury. Lambert I think needs a lot of work and is more of a project then his training camp would have people believe. My guess is we are looking atleast two years down the line for any of our latest first round forward prospects to be ready.

I definitely feel that if we are gunning to make noise over the next few years we are going to need to bolster our forwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not ready to say our depth is better then expected just yet. We have a few tweeners who I think are over performing right now. Hey I'll take it but I'm not willing to bet on all of them being able to maintain their current level indefinitely. I think we will be fortunate if one of them turns into a everyday NHL player.

Outside of Rashevsky I think our forward prospects are years away. Lucious has had a hard time adjusting to the AHL so fat and he's out with yet another long term injury. Lambert I think needs a lot of work and is more of a project then his training camp would have people believe. My guess is we are looking atleast two years down the line for any of our latest first round forward prospects to be ready.

I definitely feel that if we are gunning to make noise over the next few years we are going to need to bolster our forwards.
Are you fat shaming Lucious?

• Haha
Reactions: Teppo Numenor

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Outside of Rashevsky I think our forward prospects are years away. Lucious has had a hard time adjusting to the AHL so far and he's out with yet another long term injury. Lambert I think needs a lot of work and is more of a project then his training camp would have people believe. My guess is we are looking atleast two years down the line for any of our latest first round forward prospects to be ready.

Thank you for catching that. It was supposed to be "far" not fat. Definitely not commenting on that at all, just commenting on how he has transitioned to pro hockey to date.
Getting back to your point they don’t all need to keep up the current level of production as it makes it easier to know who to send down when Ehlers comes back.
To get a piece that will make a difference I imagine it will require swapp a d with higher stake than Stanley whether that’s Hinny or one of our top 6 d.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Well to bolster our forwards to a significant extent it will cost us some valuable resources. I was onside for a Lucius and top 10 protected 1st for a prime top 6 but that is what it will take or more, otherwise we are just nibbling around the edges.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

What injury does Lucius have? Tough to have the kid develop if he’s always on the shelf.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Usually never say a persons opinion is wrong, however, you are so far from correct
Well we wouldn’t want to fracture your paradigm where Samberg is concerned. A group of Jets fans were talking about him like he was the second coming of Denis Potbin while he was still in college. The fact that he is simply very ordinary ruins the narrative.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Well we wouldn’t want to fracture your paradigm where Samberg is concerned. A group of Jets fans were talking about him like he was the second coming of Denis Potbin while he was still in college. The fact that he is simply very ordinary ruins the narrative.
I think ordinary is ok though. He's got good size, and I think he just needs to learn how to leverage it at this level.

I think he can de a demelo which would be awesome. A very unsung piece that every team needs.

Demelo doesn't hit all that much either but he uses his body well. Hitting seems to be a bit of a dying skill in the league anyways.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I think ordinary is ok though. He's got good size, and I think he just needs to learn how to leverage it at this level.

I think he can de a demelo which would be awesome. A very unsung piece that every team needs.

Demelo doesn't hit all that much either but he uses his body well. Hitting seems to be a bit of a dying skill in the league anyways.
I agree but have chisholm ranked higher once he arives. We cant move Brendan dillon or schmidt during the season as we are looking like a playoff team. Move stanley to a team in tank mode with a pick for a middle six forward. Capo is a better 7th pb guy.

Reactions: Jet

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I agree but have chisholm ranked higher once he arives. We cant move Brendan dillon or schmidt during the season as we are looking like a playoff team. Move stanley to a team in tank mode with a pick for a middle six forward. Capo is a better 7th pb guy.
I think Stanley is the better 7th guy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I mean sure if you like guys who get walked all the time and can't manage the offensive blueline
Stanle has never turned the puck over over as badly as Samberg did last game on that 2nd goal. I also think Capo is worse.
but we all have our soft spots like some people with Ville who will never mount to much.

Reactions: sipowicz

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yes I agree! I think one (or two) of the bottom six could really surprise us this season. It’s great to see Bowness cycling through them to see what they’ve got.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stanle has never turned the puck over over as badly as Samberg did last game on that 2nd goal. I also think Capo is worse.
but we all have our soft spots like some people with Ville who will never mount to much.
On that play Samberg more lost control of the puck than give it away. That happens, but rarely with such a bad outcome. At the same time you want your defense to move along the line to create openings rather than be static. I remember the same thing happening to Buff a few times but the majority of the time he created opportunities.

Reactions: JetsFan815 and Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad