Player Discussion: dylan samberg

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I didn’t think he stood out in his two part seasons with the moose, now here he is looking like a top four D. Could henola or chisholm have similar potential? They both looked better with the moose than samberg did at the time.
Players skill set just translates different to the NHL. Samberg is one of those big D that can skate and make good decisions playing simple.

Do you expect him to be top-4 for us on the depth chart this upcoming year?
I imagine he stays 3rd pair behind Dillon for the better part of this year.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
You don't keep ufas to be like Dillon or Demelo if you are moving 55 37 and pl Dubois
Well sure you can. You just deal them at the deadline if you aren't in the mix and you haven't been able to extend them. I highly doubt either is moved in the summer. Maybe if they need to be a part of one of the big 3 trades I can see it.

Dillon or DeMelo may even be able to fetch a 1st at the deadline? If we are lucky... no way we get that in the summer.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Well yeah, he is not now. But he is showing growth consistent with a top pair calibre/2nd pair on a contender type of guy. If you can lock that in around 4 mil for 8 years you have to do it, even if there is risk
Okay I guess we just differ in our opinions on this player. For me, he’s one of the players we move to make room for more effective depth. He’s fine as a bottom pairing defender in a Chevy world where the bar of success is barely off the ground, but not for a contender.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well yeah, he is not now. But he is showing growth consistent with a top pair calibre/2nd pair on a contender type of guy. If you can lock that in around 4 mil for 8 years you have to do it, even if there is risk
If Samberg believes he is trending up, he should not lock in this early at that level for that long. Otherwise, in a few years he might feel he is underpaid and then the bitterness will set in, he won't try as hard anymore, won't follow the coach's plan, hell he might not bother playing in the D zone at all. Not that I'm saying there are precedents for such things to happen, just sayin' you know? :nod:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'll go 7 x 4.5 and Dillon is traded for picks at the draft. Day 2 stuff. Maybe couple 2nds like we paid for him.

Demelo seems like a 4x 3 3.5 type deal

Move one of pionk or Schmidt (whichever Is easier lol)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Okay I guess we just differ in our opinions on this player. For me, he’s one of the players we move to make room for more effective depth. He’s fine as a bottom pairing defender in a Chevy world where the bar of success is barely off the ground, but not for a contender.
To me he seems to be tracking exactly like the guys contenders have the past have developed in house. Hjalmarsson, Muzzin, Martinez, Dumolin, etc... Samberg looks a lot like these guys. He isn't there as far as being proven... but that's why you can lock him up. My $4M price may seem high but if he becomes top 4 long term it's already a bargain. Top pair compliment like most of the guys above and he is a steal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00